IGNORED

Danny Simpson leaves City

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just put a post on the FBC podcast topic about our RB situation.

This is just pathetic timing isn't it?

If you were going to come to some sort of agreement over Simpson then surely it has to be in the  January window to allow player, and club the opportunity to explore other options.

The first week in March is neither here nor there. Unless of course he's just had an offer from a mate over in the MLS to play over there?

Heard he was on a pittance in footballers wages terms & absolutely nowhere near the amount quoted on that dodgy website guessing at players wages. 

He wasn’t going to play, but was creating a bit of an issue with the fans wondering why we played all these others in his position over him, good business to terminate early I reckon. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Heard he was on a pittance in footballers wages terms & absolutely nowhere near the amount quoted on that dodgy website guessing at players wages. 

He wasn’t going to play, but was creating a bit of an issue with the fans wondering why we played all these others in his position over him, good business to terminate early I reckon. 

But poor business to extend his contract in the first place.

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Finally. Has to be one of our worst signings of all time. 

It's pretty damning but not even in the top 10 in the last 20 years IMHO.

NP was clear that he was brought in to change the mentality of the playing squad.

I would like to know if NP thinks he has had value out of the signing, if he has been able to change the mentality and players like Scott, Semenyo and Pring have been able to learn from him then it's probably good enough but what he has provided on the pitch (the bit we all care about) has been non existent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laner said:

But poor business to extend his contract in the first place.

Never recovered from WBA away, and the worst effort at a back pass I've ever seen live. Particularly after NP subbed Tanner off after 30 mins for doing exactly the same thing (albeit he got away with it at the time).

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Heard the same. Hundreds of pounds a week with a sizeable bonus for being on the bench/playing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

he must've done something/had a huge bust up with Pearson or someone else internally for him to be so rapidly binned off, after Pearson went through all the hassle of signing him, publicly defending him over the abuse history, and then signing him again

Alternatively Pearson knows the season is as good as over and Simpson won't be here so would rather look towards the future? Seems far more likely a scenario than a 'huge bust up'.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

How much money has been wasted on shit old players ? 

Simpson, King, Mariappa, Brunt, Williams, O’Neill.  Anyone else?  

At least £2m on those lot. 

Not sure I would Williams to that. I thought he was superb in his first spell, not so much in the second.

Like Williams, Mariappa started well; and then like the rest of the team fell off a cliff.

I agree with you though, these short term OOC players( not O'Neill of course ) demonstrate what a mess we've got ourselves into trying to plug gaps; rather than any sort of forward planning.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

I agree. I think NP wanted him in as someone he could trust to set standards in training. Just a guess though. Why else extend then never play him?

Again heard similar. No idea if he did his job or not but don't think he was brought in with a view to play regularly.

3 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Heard the same. Hundreds of pounds a week with a sizeable bonus for being on the bench/playing.

Given that he was on the bench for a sizable part of the season; but never/rarely was bought on. That sounds like an even bigger waste of money.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Ashley Williams?

******* hell, he played more games at CB in his one season with us & was decent. If we had his equivalent this season we would have let in far less.

Ridiculous example.

Just put exactly the same above you @GrahamC

10 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Absolutely this.

Pearson indicated last week he was no longer in his plans but this has only come out to explain the situation.

It didn’t work out, but was hardly an Engvall type signing.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

he must've done something/had a huge bust up with Pearson or someone else internally for him to be so rapidly binned off, after Pearson went through all the hassle of signing him, publicly defending him over the abuse history, and then signing him again

Perhaps Pearson was forced to by those above?

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ashley Williams?

******* hell, he played more games at CB in his one season with us than anyone else & was decent. If we had his equivalent this season we would have let in far less.

Ridiculous example.

Fair enough.  He was decent for a bit but was then poor in my opinion.  He’s the best from the list but still a waste of money in my view.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It's pretty damning but not even in the top 10 in the last 20 years IMHO.

NP was clear that he was brought in to change the mentality of the playing squad.

I would like to know if NP thinks he has had value out of the signing, if he has been able to change the mentality and players like Scott, Semenyo and Pring have been able to learn from him then it's probably good enough but what he has provided on the pitch (the bit we all care about) has been non existent.

You are joking, right ?

Just now, Robbored said:

He was only on a years contract iirc. 

As for Klose - he’s filled a vacancy at CB in the same way Williams did. 

Klose I can see the sense and he has been decent (behind the scenes also)

But Simpson was a disaster and even the most rabid NP supporters can't defend that signing surely ?