IGNORED

Danny Simpson leaves City

CyderInACan

16 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Yes, he is a right sided defender who can play RB or RWB and is not a Centre Forward.

And yet even with the former u23’s head coach as part of Nige’s coaching staff he’s not under consideration, says enough as to why he’s not playing. 

1 minute ago, cityfan1958 said:

I know it’s not very exciting, and the conspiracy theories are far more sexy, but is this more likely to be that Simpson has a job offer, inside or outside football, that takes him  behind this summer, and the club have allowed him to leave to take it up ?

Could well be right. Hopefully.

19 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Taylor hasn’t even been playing RB for the 23’s for the majority of the time, shifting in to play on the right hand side of a back 3, if he was under any sort of consideration for the first team he’d have been playing wing back. 

It’s also quite possible (highly likely) that the manager views the 19 year old “forward” to be a better option at RB at first team level than the current 20 year old right sided defender in the u23s.

If James Taylor was at the necessary level he’d be part of the first team training group by now.  It’s quite telling that Sam Bell I’d preferred there. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

And yet even with the former u23’s head coach as part of Nige’s coaching staff he’s not under consideration, says enough as to why he’s not playing. 

Says a lot about our coaching staff that they thought it was acceptable to play an under 18 centre forward at RWB.

Damage done to the player, the team, all round confidence in the group.

Crazy at every level.

Undefendable on a player welfare and development level, let alone anything else. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s also quite possible (highly likely) that the manager views the 19 year old “forward” to be a better option at RB at first team level than the current 20 year old right sided defender in the u23s.

If James Taylor was at the necessary level he’d be part of the first team training group by now.  It’s quite telling that Sam Bell I’d preferred there. 

Why have you put forward in "" ? 

Almost like you're pretending he isn't.

Your first sentence is the whole problem here - Judgement

Edited by VT05763

Just now, VT05763 said:

Says a lot about our coaching staff that they thought it was acceptable to play an under 18 centre forward at RWB.

Crazy at every level.

Undefendable on a player welfare and development level, let alone anything else. 

Firstly Bell isn’t an U18 he’s a second year pro, he’s played other positions than just centre forward so he’s not so inflexible that he can’t play other roles. 

No one can know how it affects the player apart from Sam Bell and certainly not someone outside the club. Sam could just be delighted he’s getting first team minutes, it’s impossible to know how it impacts him. 

You also can’t know how long Bell has perhaps been playing RB in training, could be he’s been doing it since before new year for all anyone outside the staff and players knows. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

If we were going to have a mutual parting of the ways, then surely January would have been a much better time for the club; to allow them potentially to explore other options.

I get the impression this announcement had no impact / bearing on Jan window and Pearson / club have been trying to agree a mutual pay-off.  They’ve now reached an agreement.

It was a poor signing looking back. I totally saw the logic at the time, and even now I’m not gonna heavily criticise Pearson for trying to get us to this season in as cheap a way as possible.

As much as I don’t think DS is on a few hundred a week, he most definitely isn’t on £18k p.w either.  He was given new terms in the summer  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Firstly Bell isn’t an U18 he’s a second year pro, he’s played other positions than just centre forward so he’s not so inflexible that he can’t play other roles. 

No one can know how it affects the player apart from Sam Bell and certainly not someone outside the club. Sam could just be delighted he’s getting first team minutes, it’s impossible to know how it impacts him. 

You also can’t know how long Bell has perhaps been playing RB in training, could be he’s been doing it since before new year for all anyone outside the staff and players knows. 

All three paragraphs spot on. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He did come from the loins of Micky after all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

The signing clearly didn't work out, but I'm slightly confused why people are quite so vitriolic about this one in particular?

We signed someone on a short term contract with good football pedigree - three promotions wasn't it... He played a bit, but seems to now be past it.

What's the huge deal exactly?

Was going to post something similar. He was brought in as cover for RB and experience, it hasn’t worked out.

Move on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Also players change positions all the time, especially when they're young. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I often wonder if it’s the City fans that are the problem. We have some absolute whoppers following this football club.

Some of the stuff on here and Twitter is embarrassing.

We're not great when things aren't going well. The team deserved stick on Saturday but we collapse both on and off the field as soon as we hit a bit of adversity.

• Like 2

Simpson getting a lot of slack however players like Palmer, Wells are on 20+ grand a week and don’t play, the whole recruitment at this club past couple seasons has been awful. We’ve needed a solid right back for years yet still haven’t got one. Even when we had money to spend.
Just something doesn’t seem right down there still. How is our squad so inconsistent compared to other teams in the league.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Crazy at every level.

Player welfare my arse.  How do you know he's been damaged. Just making shit up aren't you?

• Like 2
  • Flames 5

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Klose I can see the sense and he has been decent (behind the scenes also)

But Simpson was a disaster and even the most rabid NP supporters can't defend that signing surely ?  

Nige signed him because he knew what Simpson would bring having worked with him at Leicester on and off the pitch. Unfortunately Simpson got injured and lost his place. He also had a number of personal issues behind the scenes and even when fit had slipped down the pecking order and had become surplus to requirements - no surprise to see him leave the club but I don’t consider his signing as a ‘disaster’ at all.

Im not defending Nige either - I’m just providing a balanced view…………..:cool2:

13 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Simpson getting a lot of slack however players like Palmer, Wells are on 20+ grand a week and don’t play, the whole recruitment at this club past couple seasons has been awful. We’ve needed a solid right back for years yet still haven’t got one. Even when we had money to spend.
Just something doesn’t seem right down there still. How is our squad so inconsistent compared to other teams in the league.

All stems back to the idea of "trading" and that every player is for sale. Means we're constantly trying to plug gaps in the squad rather than building towards an end team. All very well and good taking tens of millions of pounds in transfer fees every summer but when it's reinvested into players we have no intention in keeping long term we end up in a never-ending loop of having a half decent squad that never gets finished.

33 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Crazy at every level.

What a ridiculous post. Hasn’t Bell played at RWB for the U23’s?

It worked fine v Middlesbrough and Coventry. It didn’t work so well on Saturday. Bell was exposed and lost some confidence. It happens, he now has an opportunity to show some resilience, which will serve him well in his career.

Scott being exposed and taken off in the first half earlier in the season hasn’t harmed him.

Are you now an expert in player welfare and development as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

This would be fine if it was recently but it was 6 years ago they last worked together

It was Simpsons influence in the dressing room that appealed to Nige who would of course known that Simpson was way past his best. 
Same applies to James and King.

Edited by Robbored

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Heard he was on a pittance in footballers wages terms & absolutely nowhere near the amount quoted on that dodgy website guessing at players wages. 

He wasn’t going to play, but was creating a bit of an issue with the fans wondering why we played all these others in his position over him, good business to terminate early I reckon. 

A friend of mine lives near him and said Simpson is on first name terms with the Deliveroo driver!