IGNORED

Danny Simpson leaves City

CyderInACan

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

The signing clearly didn't work out, but I'm slightly confused why people are quite so vitriolic about this one in particular?

We signed someone on a short term contract with good football pedigree - three promotions wasn't it... He played a bit, but seems to now be past it.

What's the huge deal exactly?

Just feels like we have not the best record of signing "has beens" and it kinda reeked of it from the start that he was another. I find it hard to get excited when City sign "has beens" anymore. We'll probably sign another in the summer. 

That's how I feel about it anyways, not a huge deal but frustrating how often they don't work out well. 

Edited by Sturny

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

From someone who just said that Sam bell has played RWB and RB for the under 23's.

Absolute classic.

Wow, such a lack of self awareness. Even here where I may have made an error you are making things up.

I didn’t mention that he had played at RB and thought he had played the odd game at RWB.

Before Saturday he had started 2 first team games at RWB/FB and would’ve been taken through this in training in the lead up to the games.

My point was really about your comments on player development, which you curiously have decided to ignore.

• Like 1

Just now, HappyClapper said:

Wow, such a lack of self awareness. Even here where I may have made an error you are making things up.

I didn’t mention that he had played at RB and thought he had played the odd game at RWB.

Before Saturday he had started 2 first team games at RWB/FB and would’ve been taken through this in training in the lead up to the games.

My point was really about your comments on player development, which you curiously have decided to ignore.

Ever done any coaching qualifications ?

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was Simpsons influence in the dressing room that appealed to Nige who would of course known that Simpson was way past his best. 
Same applies to James and King.

James is not in the same bracket. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

James is not in the same bracket. 

Nige signed James despite him being past his best but (same as Simpson) was aware of the influence he’d have in the dressing room as well as on the pitch - so there are similarities between the two signings.

Just now, VT05763 said:

Ever done any coaching qualifications ?

Really??

Why do you want this to become a p*sing contest?

I’ve just called you out on a post(s) that in my opinion are delivering another false narrative.

FWIW I did the old “Prelim” back in the 90’s now hold EUFA B and have been a teacher for 25 years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HappyClapper said:

Really??

I’ve just called you out on a post(s) that in my opinion are delivering another false narrative.

FWIW I did the old “Prelim” back in the 90’s now hold EUFA B and have been a teacher for 25 years. 

And you haven't covered player development it seems.

1 minute ago, HappyClapper said:

Really??

Ah, the old “coaching qualifications / cock waving” post!

An irrelevant question.

Great response from you.  Can’t wait for the response.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

You got a spreadsheet on "cock waving" ?

No, why would I?

Why do you troll my posts, then DM me with your ITK stuff?  ??‍♂️

Why did you DM me to try to meet up with me before a game? ??‍♂️

Why did you ask if DMs were monitored? ??‍♂️

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Strictly Obi said:

I'm by no way sticking up for NP, but find it difficult to understand how some are criticising his signings when he's literally been given no budget whatsoever. 

In fairness I think it’s fair to critique.  But accept there will be always be more than one view…even on a player / signing like Danny Simpson.

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nige signed James despite him being past his best but (same as Simpson) was aware of the influence he’d have in the dressing room as well as on the pitch - so there are similarities between the two signings.

James was still in his twenties when we signed him & we have given him a 3 year deal. If he was “past his best” by then, we’re in really big trouble.

Simpson was already 34 (he’s 35 now) & King approaching 33 when we gave them both one year deals.

If you don’t see the huge difference between the former & the latter two that is remarkable, or on reflection possibly not…

• Like 6

All managers make poor signings. It is almost impossible to have 100% hit rate (Even Pep paid £100m for a player that has made little difference to his team, Klopp signed Minamino).

Hits for NP have been Tanner, Atkinson, Klosse, Weimann, Baker

Good squad players that can offer more when fully fit James and King

Misses Simpson.

I don't think the above is a stick to beat him with. Perhaps there should be a bit more praise for his signings.

Where he let himself down was not bringing in a full back and allowing NW to go out on loan in January. Again in mitigation he still (probably) thought he could get by using Vyner at RB til Tanner was fit again.

• Like 5

On the James signing I didnt see anyone on here complaining about it at the time, especially as he was signed on the back of a good season at Coventry. King was a bit different and more of a gamble. Having watched him 4 years ago on loan at Swansea I personally would have have given him a big swerve.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, why would I?

Why do you troll my posts, then DM me with your ITK stuff?  ??‍♂️

Why did you DM me to try to meet up with me before a game? ??‍♂️

Why did you ask if DMs were monitored? ??‍♂️

Hell hath no fury...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

James was still in his twenties when we signed him & we have given him a 3 year deal. If he was “past his best” by then, we’re in really big trouble.

Simpson was already 34 (he’s 35 now) & King approaching 33 when we gave them both one year deals.

I didn’t know how old James was when Nige signed him. I (wrongly) assumed that as James had been with the Foxes when Nige was there that he’d be around late 20s early 30s.

Unsurprisingly I never do any background checks on players that City sign - I leave that to you and others who seem to relish that kind of research.

1 hour ago, HappyClapper said:

Really??

Me too. Just going over my notes…. Nothing in there about what to do during injury crisis.