IGNORED

Poor Old Everton

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The only one of two teams never to have been relegated. 

Getting Lampard in was another masterstoke of ineptitude by Kenwright and his mates. 

This is the club that paid 25m for Yannick Bolaise for the love of Johova. 

Howard Kendall must be rolling in his grave. Still fingers crossed for a big day out next season! 

They were relegated in 1952.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

The teams currently in the relegation zone won’t get out. 

Everton currently have 3 games in hand over Watford...same points, but only 1 game in hand and 1 point more than Burnley. So Burnley the only likely team to catch them but Everton should be too strong for that to happen. Burnley likely to regret selling their talisman to Newcastle i.m.o

Edited by gl2

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Everton currently have 3 games in hand over Watford...same points, but only 1 game in hand and 1 point more than Burnley. So Burnley the only likely team to catch them but Everton should be too strong for that to happen. Burnley likely to regret selling their talisman to Newcastle i.m.o

Think Weghorst is an upgrade on Wood personally. Mee is a huge loss for them 

• Like 1

I have no problem with the Toffees, met a few of their fans down the years and they've always been pretty decent.

But as a club, they are a mess. Reminds me of us a few seasons back when we went down. Unbalanced squad, inexperienced manager, turmoil off the pitch. 

Don't think they'll go down, however; but I would be surprised if Lampard was still there at Christmas.

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I have no problem with the Toffees, met a few of their fans down the years and they've always been pretty decent.

But as a club, they are a mess. Reminds me of us a few seasons back when we went down. Unbalanced squad, inexperienced manager, turmoil off the pitch. 

Don't think they'll go down, however; but I would be surprised if Lampard was still there at Christmas.

Same. I’ve worked with a fair few Scousers over the years and 90% have been Evertonians - always seem a decent level headed bunch.
Not sure how they would react to life in the championship though!

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Same. I’ve worked with a fair few Scousers over the years and 90% have been Evertonians - always seem a decent level headed bunch.

They might quite enjoy it . A more competitive league and some different grounds 

3 hours ago, bris red said:

Same way Sunderland fans did, and now they can’t get out of League one can they. Newcastle too have been down here haven’t they. Even teams like Wigan and Bolton who were once at the top are playing at a much lower level. Infact most teams except for an elete few have never been out of the top division/ premier league.

Will be good to have a new ground to go to if Everton come down. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Next 5 games

Newcastle - H

West Ham - A

Man U - H

Liverpool - A

Chelsea - H

They will be in the bottom 3 after those games.

A game in hand and 1 point more than Burnley, who have to rearrange a game with Southampton, but then have to find points from; M. City h, Norwich a, West Ham a, Wolves h, Watford a, Villa a, no easy games there either.......it will be very close at the end. ?

7 minutes ago, gl2 said:

A game in hand and 1 point more than Burnley, who have to rearrange a game with Southampton, but then have to find points from; M. City h, Norwich a, West Ham a, Wolves h, Watford a, Villa a, no easy games there either.......it will be very close at the end. ?

It will be close no doubt prob down to the final day.

fivethirtyeight have Everton on about a 38% chance of going down. Basically they think Watford and Norwich are as good as gone, and then it is one of the other three. I cropped the next club - Brentford - out as their chance of relegation was just 4%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

image.thumb.png.0b27fc1c5572080e41e4bc51d09e9d5a.png

Edited by ExiledAjax

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

fivethirtyeight have Everton on about a 38% chance of going down. Basically they think Watford and Norwich are as good as gone, and then it is one of the other three. I cropped the next club - Brentford - out as their chance of relegation was just 4%.

Am i reading that right that they have a 1% chance of finishing top 4?!

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Am i reading that right that they have a 1% chance of finishing top 4?!

Less than 1%. I assume it is technically, mathematically possible, so needs to be recorded, but it's got to be so small as to be negligible.

In the same way in our division Fulham only have a 99% chance of promotion because technically they could still finish third. It's incredibly unlikely but you still can't say they will 100% finish in the top two.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Surprised how watford are being written off. They have some very winnable fixtures on paper. Home to all of Everton, Leeds, Burnley and Brentford

1 minute ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Work on that started a few months ago. Thinks it’s meant to be ready season after next

The best stadium in league 1 perhaps ?