IGNORED

Poor Old Everton

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

If Everton going down busts the myth of Lampard as a decent manager it’ll be worth it. Average player even worse manager. 

Is he really reputed to be a decent manager?

Took a financially stimulated Derby flush with the cream of Chelsea's academy from 6th...to 6th.

Then faltered badly at Chelsea themselves. 

Now taking Everton all the way down to an away day at Rotherham next season.

He's hardly got a glittering CV.

Edited by ExiledAjax

46 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Overall the better team won but Everton made Liverpool battle for the win. Gordon was unlucky not to have earned at least one penalty for Everton. The conflicted Carragher (grew up an Evertonian, became a Liverpool legend) remarking after Alexander-Arnold shoved him in the back that it wasn't a penalty but it would have been a free-kick anywhere else on the pitch. 

He also said they got lucky and could have been given.

Tough one, Gordon puts his leg unnaturally across Trent to make the foul happen but it’s within his right to do so I guess. Surprised it didn’t seem to even get checked by VAR? Liverpool countered quickly and then play just continued

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Racist, much? 

Unlike those saintly English players who never dive, feign injury, or ask for yellow cards...

Very few British players act like many of the Latino’s do. I can’t  remember seeing a Brit gesture for a yellow card when they’ve been fouled.

We see the occasional dive for sure but that’s happened throughout the history of the game. Latino’s call it ‘street craft’ and are surprised that we absolutely hate it - it’s downright cheating.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Very few British players act like many of the Latino’s do. I can’t  remember seeing a Brit gesture for a yellow card when they’ve been fouled.

We see the occasional dive for sure but that’s happened throughout the history of the game. Latino’s call it ‘street craft’ and are surprised that we absolutely hate it - it’s downright cheating.

Okay, you're clearly on a wind up (as usual), so this will be my last reply on the subject. But quite clearly I see British players gesticulating for cards (and diving) every single week so you're either blind or wilfully ignorant.

So yeah, I'll stick with my original point. Racist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

If Everton going down busts the myth of Lampard as a decent manager it’ll be worth it. Average player even worse manager. 

Are you really suggesting that a 25 goal per season midfield player was average? Wouldn't like to hear your opinion on our lot then............they'll be lucky to finish up on 25 career goals......between the lot of them!!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Are you really suggesting that a 25 goal per season midfield player was average? Wouldn't like to hear your opinion on our lot then............they'll be lucky to finish up on 25 career goals......between the lot of them!!

Was about to say the same. Calling him an average player is ludicrous, world class in his prime. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Okay, you're clearly on a wind up (as usual), so this will be my last reply on the subject. But quite clearly I see British players gesticulating for cards (and diving) every single week so you're either blind or wilfully ignorant.

So yeah, I'll stick with my original point. Racist.

Why can't the ref's association just bring in a rule for a few months so that when a player asks for a yellow to be given the Ref gets his card out of his pocket and says "no problem, here YOU go..........". That might stop it reasonably quickly I would have thought.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Was about to say the same. Calling him an average player is ludicrous, world class in his prime. 

Frank Lampard “world class”. Dear deary me. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’ll say he was above average. That’s about it. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

is waving an imaginary card worse then specifically asking the ref to book someone? Half the time it could just be language barrier with foreign players. If you think the Brits don’t ask the ref to book people then you’re silly. it happens in every single game at every level.

I’ll happily admit I do it, as captain I am in the refs ear the whole game (politely) because you’ll be amazed how much you get just for shouting first / loudest. If someone does something that’s an obvious yellow ie booting the ball away to waste time / stop an attempt to play quickly or standing in front of a free kick when you take it I’ll definitely point it out.

Not so much with tackles to be honest though, that’s a bit more subjective - unless they’ve clearly gone in 2 feet up or dangerous.

Its part of the game, if you don’t do it the other team will. It just looks worse to a fan when you see someone waving an imaginary card because you don’t hear the rest of it

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Why can't the ref's association just bring in a rule for a few months so that when a player asks for a yellow to be given the Ref gets his card out of his pocket and says "no problem, here YOU go..........". That might stop it reasonably quickly I would have thought.

probably covered under Misconduct or unsporting behaviour

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

is waving an imaginary card worse then specifically asking the ref to book someone? Half the time it could just be language barrier with foreign players. If you think the Brits don’t ask the ref to book people then you’re silly. it happens in every single game at every level.

I’ll happily admit I do it, as captain I am in the refs ear the whole game (politely) because you’ll be amazed how much you get just for shouting first / loudest. If someone does something that’s an obvious yellow ie booting the ball away to waste time / stop an attempt to play quickly or standing in front of a free kick when you take it I’ll definitely point it out.

Not so much with tackles to be honest though, that’s a bit more subjective - unless they’ve clearly gone in 2 feet up or dangerous.

Its part of the game, if you don’t do it the other team will. It just looks worse to a fan when you see someone waving an imaginary card because you don’t hear the rest of it

It’s been several decades since I played competitive football but I can remember players getting in the refs ear all the time  back then but I don’t remember seeing anyone waving an imaginary yellow card, nor do I remember ever seeing that at AG - not ever in over 5 decades.

As I posted just now it’s foreign thing. Loads of European players do it as do the Latino’s.

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I was under impression that this was already the case, but never seems to be enforced. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I thought waving an imaginary card was a bookable offence , it seems that the enforcement of it has waned

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redapple said:

So 20 teams out of 30 have gone back up to the Premiership. Two Thirds of teams. That basically means there’s only One Promotion Place available for non Premiership Clubs. Fare ? 

I dunno what you mean by 20 out of 30? Anyhow, whatever you mean it’s less than 20 - my list of 10 was just an example, I said there were more - eg Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Bournemouth etc ... in addition to my initial example list of 10 clubs these have also been recently relegated from the premier league with parachute payments and haven’t made it back ... and there’s probably yet more examples ... eg if Sheffield United don’t go up this season you can add them to the ever growing list ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...