IGNORED

Poor Old Everton

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

Every so often we get a reminder of the amount of Liverpool fans we have

A few avowed Everton/BCFC fans too iirc.

A Jackie loving poster from a pub in the Whiteladies area springs to mind, plus WTFiGO? (What......ever happened to him?) said he used to go up there a few times a season.

Wonder what they make of the prospect of Everton visiting AG in the league next season?

• Sad 1

Let me settle this…

Lampard was in the top 2% of English midfielders of his era. His goal scoring was especially commendable. He was a great premier league footballer  

As a manager he’s done nothing and I’d liken him being given the Chelsea/Everton jobs to LJ getting the Bristol City job. Absolutely nothing to justify it. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's true that English players behave in this way now too.

However, diving/play-acting is definitely a South American import to the European and English game. 

West Germany were notorious for it in the 60s, particularly Helmut Haller.

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

My mistake- slightly above average. The man, the myth, the Frank Lampard. 

Whilst I don't rate him as a manager, please do elaborate on the so-called 'myth' of him being an outstanding player? 

The stats speak for themselves as evidence to back that up. 

11 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

On the weekend that one of the founder members of the Premier League gets relegated to Non League, oh the irony of one of the 'big clubs' getting relegated to the Championship.....

Just be Arsenal and Liverpool surviving from the 60's.

Sorry, there was football before 1992?

3 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

I couldn’t be happier. I dislike Everton. Only because I think they’ve been so lucky to stay up so many times.

“They’ve been lucky to stay up so many times” - really? In the last 16 premier league seasons they’ve finished:

4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 11th, 11th, 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th ... those are the finishing positions of a solid, established premier league club ...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A few avowed Everton/BCFC fans too iirc.

A Jackie loving poster from a pub in the Whiteladies area springs to mind, plus WTFiGO? (What......ever happened to him?) said he used to go up there a few times a season.

Wonder what they make of the prospect of Everton visiting AG in the league next season?

The first one will be me. ?

I will be gutted. But I have actually never been to Goodison. The closest I have got was Anfield in 94. ?

It's high on my agenda before it is bulldozed. Looks like I may be in the away end!

• Like 1

If they come down they will be absolutely desperate to get back, there is no way they can afford to fall so far behind Liverpool and the 2 Manchester clubs. 

They will be losing a lot of names anyway, they can wave goodbye to the new ground as well I expect, they could be in for some very tough years.

9 hours ago, Midred said:

Just be Arsenal and Liverpool surviving from the 60's.

Sorry, there was football before 1992?

If Everton go down, there will only be 5 left from the 20th Century.

1 Arsenal (1919/20)

2. Liverpool (1962/63)

3. Manchester United (1975/76)

4. Tottenham (1978/79)

5. Chelsea (1989/90)

Next on the list would be:

6. Manchester City (2002/03)

I don't particularly like Lampard, although he was a very fine player (FWIW).

But I find it hard to dislike Everton, having met a few of their lot in my time. Always pretty respectful, no big time Charlies. Oddly enough, same goes for 'real' (i.e. Scouse) Liverpool fans. The plastic ones are another matter...

• Like 1

Just now, BS2 Red said:

I don't dislike them at all. But I want them to go down as Bristol City v Everton sounds a lot more fun than Bristol City v Burnley. ?

Oh, absolutely. I've never really been to Liverpool, but I hear it's a cracking place for a night out.

Mind you, so's Barcelona ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just been watching MOTD2 highlights, 1st penalty shout definitely not, but the 2nd? Definitely could have been. Stronger shout than the 1st anyway IMO.

Had Gordon not dived in first half he may have got that pen. That's what i say about Alex Scott diving and going to ground so easily will cost you when it really matters.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s been several decades since I played competitive football but I can remember players getting in the refs ear all the time  back then but I don’t remember seeing anyone waving an imaginary yellow card, nor do I remember ever seeing that at AG - not ever in over 5 decades.

As I posted just now it’s foreign thing. Loads of European players do it as do the Latino’s.

Some cultures are more expressive and use hand gestures more while talking, that and language differences are probably the reason you see foreign players do it more.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Some cultures are more expressive and use hand gestures more while talking, that and language differences are probably the reason you see foreign players do it more.

That’s complete nonsense Marcus - ‘street craft’ as they see it is part of that culture. They see conning the referee as fair game whereas we see it a downright cheating. Simeone was the perfect example and he’s now encourages his teams to act in the same way and other European managers hate that style.

Pep was brilliant post match after they’d beaten them when he said ‘I have nothing to say’…………….:rofl2br: