IGNORED

Poor Old Everton

Though I have a soft spot for Everton, I was looking forward to a potential trip there next year. Not so sure now, had them to pick up about 4 points until the end of the season, done better than that already.

You'd normally say the teams are down there because they can't win games, but Burnley and Everton have turned that around recently. I think I agree @ExiledAjax Leeds look lost ATM, they seem favourites to me.
What I didn't realise is that there are still so many games to play, season ends on the 22nd of May.

From where they are, I don't see many away wins, so

Everton have 2 home games (3 away) , Brentford & Palace. 
Burnley play Villa & Newcastle home
Leeds play Chelsea & Brighton home

think it will be down to Burnley & Leeds on the last day.

449908209_Screenshot2022-05-01at19_48_57.png.164b5b95467474f30e56dbb540ba1c01.png

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 19.34.10.png

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 19.34.02.png

28 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Though I have a soft spot for Everton, I was looking forward to a potential trip there next year. Not so sure now, had them to pick up about 4 points until the end of the season, done better than that already.

You'd normally say the teams are down there because they can't win games, but Burnley and Everton have turned that around recently. I think I agree @ExiledAjax Leeds look lost ATM, they seem favourites to me.
What I didn't realise is that there are still so many games to play, season ends on the 22nd of May.

From where they are, I don't see many away wins, so

Everton have 2 home games (3 away) , Brentford & Palace. 
Burnley play Villa & Newcastle home
Leeds play Chelsea & Brighton home

think it will be down to Burnley & Leeds on the last day.

449908209_Screenshot2022-05-01at19_48_57.png.164b5b95467474f30e56dbb540ba1c01.png

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 19.34.10.png

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 19.34.02.png

Just to clarify, I was just posting fivethirtyeight's projections. Personally if I had to pick one (and I think it's really too tight to do so) then I'd still go with Everton...just.

I do think it'll go to the final day though.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Just to clarify, I was just posting fivethirtyeight's projections. Personally if I had to pick one (and I think it's really too tight to do so) then I'd still go with Everton...just.

I do think it'll go to the final day though.

I'm the worst judge in the World, but from the last few games I've seen.

Everton look like they are right up for the fight, may be different against lesser teams who knows.
Burnley also look to have an edge and a goal threat now.
Leeds look totally lost, a disorganised mess.

Gives us some interest until the end of the month though.

Along with the Playoffs I guess.

4 hours ago, Malago said:

Great win.  Pickford outstanding.  It’s Dirty Leeds for the drop for me.

I don't feel like there's been enough praise for that save across the goal line? Outstanding save

There's no question PIckford is England's number one

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Malago said:

Great win.  Pickford outstanding.  It’s Dirty Leeds for the drop for me.

I looked at the table a couple of weeks ago and thought Leeds could get dragged into the drop zone. Tricky run of games. If it's not Everton then Leeds would be great to go down 

2 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Anyone but Leeds, their fans are unbearable.

My ex boss was a Leeds fan. Every day he'd go on about how class most of the players were, Bielsa was brilliant, how everyone loves watching Leeds etc. Did my head in. 

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

You must have missed the two top drawer saves Pickford made? That said Chelsea were ordinary and a team player for player that much better than Everton shouldn’t be worrying about Kevin Friend imo. It would be funny if Arsenal and Spurs both overtook them…..

Can’t argue Pickford was on fire - after what he did to van Dyke he should be on the fire - hard to forgive

7 hours ago, dave36 said:

Chelsea never stood a chance - the game was ruined by bad decisions, killed by Kevin Friend, advantages where there was none and random undeserved cards - looks like relegation for historic clubs is officially to be avoided. 

and I despise Chelsea!

Utter rubbish!!! Pickford made some immense saves so Chelsea clearly “stood a chance” - and as for “relegation for historic clubs is officially to be avoided” - these clubs have been relegated from the premier league ... so, again, what do you mean by “relegation for historic clubs is officially to be avoided” ... Sheffield Wednesday? Leeds United? Charlton Athletic? Manchester City? Ipswich Town? Birmingham City? Sheffield United? West Ham United? Blackburn Rovers? Bolton Wanderers? Stoke City? What do you mean by ‘historic clubs’???!!!!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Everton did a Leeds by getting players sent off. Two straight reds at Goodison so they’ll both be done for the season.  Toss up between them Burnley and Leeds for relegation.

Whichever club comes down they’ll be serious competition just as Fulham and B’muff were.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Everton did a Leeds by getting players sent off. Two straight reds at Goodison so they’ll both be done for the season.  Toss up between them Burnley and Leeds for relegation.

Whichever club comes down they’ll be serious competition just as Fulham and B’muff were.

Insightful analysis as always. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

On 01/05/2022 at 23:37, BS4 on Tour... said:

Utter rubbish!!! Pickford made some immense saves so Chelsea clearly “stood a chance” - and as for “relegation for historic clubs is officially to be avoided” - these clubs have been relegated from the premier league ... so, again, what do you mean by “relegation for historic clubs is officially to be avoided” ... Sheffield Wednesday? Leeds United? Charlton Athletic? Manchester City? Ipswich Town? Birmingham City? Sheffield United? West Ham United? Blackburn Rovers? Bolton Wanderers? Stoke City? What do you mean by ‘historic clubs’???!!!!

This was my response to @dave36 when he claimed “Chelsea never stood a chance” in their game vs Everton because of refereeing decisions and he also claimed that referees had been told that “relegation for historic clubs is to be avoided” - my response above is self explanatory - but to the list of ‘historic’ clubs who’ve been relegated from the ‘premier league’ I could add Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Wolves - yet Dave’s complete lack of response to defend his ‘position’ is so typical of some posters on here - they make outrageous allegations and claims then when someone replies they go missing, they run away and refuse to reply and join the debate - it’s very disappointing and a little bit sad ...

• Hmmm 1

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This was my response to @dave36 when he claimed “Chelsea never stood a chance” in their game vs Everton because of refereeing decisions and he also claimed that referees had been told that “relegation for historic clubs is to be avoided” - my response above is self explanatory - but to the list of ‘historic’ clubs who’ve been relegated from the ‘premier league’ I could add Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Wolves - yet Dave’s complete lack of response to defend his ‘position’ is so typical of some posters on here - they make outrageous allegations and claims then when someone replies they go missing, they run away and refuse to reply and join the debate - it’s very disappointing and a little bit sad ...

Some of us don’t live on here though. It’s quite possible to innocently say something and go away and forget about it!

Unpopular opinion but I reckon Pickford should still play for England. People enjoying shiiiting on him, and sometimes watching him in an Everton shirt it can sometimes be valid. 

But in an England shirt he's a different player. We couldn't of asked for more in the Euros from him really. I also quite enjoy seeing him shout at Maguire. 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 3

Just a quick one from those who were around at the time. Not sure if it's been covered in this thread or I've asked it before on others. 

Just how good were the mid 80's Everton team? I know in the footballing world, they say they would have won the European Cup had it not been for the ban on English teams, but is that people looking back with huge nostalgia or were they really that top a side in comparison to what else was out there at the time?