IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match day thread

16 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’m enjoying it very much thanks.  It’s fantastic!  Just sick of those who slag the manager off constantly on these pages then  pretending they are ‘happy’.  Thanks for the feedback though ??

You’re ‘sick’ of it. Why?  Because it happens so often?

More importantly, what does this mean about you, and those others who’ve liked your post,  that you feel so threatened when people have a different view to you.  And that you are bitter enough to think that City fans are not going to be happy to see a win just because they may not be totally convinced by the manager. 

Enjoy the celebrations. Cheers ?

(just pretending…)

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

My player ratings with a 6 being what’s expected at this level

Bentley 8 + MotM

Cundy 8

Klose 7

Atkinson 6

Dasilva 6

Weimann 6

James 6

Williams 6

Scott 5

Martin 5

Semenyo 5

Wells (65) 6

(Massengo (57) 5

Pearson 8

I would have given Dasilva 7. I think he's played really well since he's returned to the team and he's still only 23.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Was Williams trying to shoot? I've seen the replay and I literally don't understand what he wanted to do, looked like he was trying to clear it, at the wrong end of the pitch ?

Obviously pleased the luck went out way for once, especially so late in the game. But I think this is the most annoyed I've been after a win; our team is utterly baffling in its inconsistency.

From where I was sitting, I honestly thought for a moment that he was kicking it as high as he could into the stand to waste time!

Great result today. Lot of resilience and a nice finish by Weimann at the end..assist not so smooth!

Back to 3 CBs, Weimann at wing back is an interesting choice! Certainly not his natural position but then we're not spoilt for choice.

Nice to see Cundy have a good game. Hope he gets a run in the side, could be a useful range of CBs next year (Kalas, Atkinson, Baker if he can get fit again although that's unlikely, Cundy, Klose).

Just seen the penalty on Quest, that was soft. Potentially the challenge by Weimann a bit later was more of one but no matter! Well done Bentley, seems to have responded well to his time out of the side

Would have been quite happy with a point, so for it to be all 3, a clean sheet and a long overdue away win is great tbh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Today for the first time this season i decided that i wasn't going to follow the match day thread

or 

watch sky sports news

or

check the scores on my phone 

Today i decided id talk to my wife for 90 minutes …. It was hell

You all owe me a pint 

Cheers

Same again Tuesday evening please. 

8 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Today for the first time this season i decided that i wasn't going to follow the match day thread

or 

watch sky sports news

or

check the scores on my phone 

Today i decided id talk to my wife for 90 minutes …. It was hell

You all owe me a pint 

Cheers

Mrs Born and Red in 82 just posted asking for suggestions as to how she can get you to watch Sky sports, check your phone for scores and follow the MDT in future! :D

6 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Was Williams trying to shoot? I've seen the replay and I literally don't understand what he wanted to do, looked like he was trying to clear it, at the wrong end of the pitch ?

Like Lucan, Shergar and Geoff Thomas Vs France I'll take to my grave the conundrum of whether Williams struck the greatest pass I've ever witnessed from a City player or perchance we lucked out from his wayward thrash at the ball. 

Matters not. Whatever Williams planned Weimann certainly knew what he wanted to do and he executed that, as they jest, with aplomb.

• Like 1