IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match day thread

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He said it hadn't changed for a few months (not season).  No, I didn't agree, but if he thinks a front sweeper is part of a back 3, thats his prerogative.

Fair enough I'd last few months, I'll accept fewer changes in that period than compared to early games. But yeh I'd have thought things like a sweeper represent a distinct change.

Decent enough half there. Both teams able to find ways around the other's defence but neither able to turn those opportunities into that killer shot. 

Competent performance and a finely poised game.

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Blackburn absolutely hopeless in that half.

We have actually looked well organised.

Big opportunity to get the win here.

If you didn't know you would guess that it was a League 1 game at best.

Coincidence every time we're doing OK it's because the opposition are completely awful?

Reckon we should be on 0 points this season probably if everything was even

We've spent most of the half either giving the ball straight back to them or playing into blind corners. I think Andy Weimenn is wasted at RWB (or whereever he's actually ended up), but Scott is on a yellow so I doubt if NP will swap them around. AS looks a bit off again. Game there if we can get it together in the second half.

Edited by Sleepy1968
42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I get why Klose is in the middle as he's experienced but I'd be less worried klose right side dealing more with Khadra with Cundy central. 

I would've played Atkinson central and Klose left had it been me....pre-game.

1st half summary:

started well, they won the middle period, we came back into it.

Finally I get to see a flatter three in CM (Scott | James | Williams right to left) and we are moving sideways to close their WBs pretty well.  We look fairly organised.  Got to watch the diag to the two forwards, both are peeling away from centre and I think Cundy doesn't need to play so narrow.

James neat and tidy.  He was rusty last week starting his first, much sharper today.

Atkinson a bit like James last week, rusty, starting his first game but got into it as the 45 progressed.

Semenyo looks like we are gonna get something from him.

Bentley great early save, and last 10 mins started hitting diags to their RHS rather than straight and we got a bit more joy.

The best we've looked structurally, and as Tins said on Robinstv, a bit of patience and we can play through the middle.

I think Bentley is a better keeper than Max. Shot-stopping in particular, but for whatever reason his distribution is always slow and nearly always a long ball. I had thought this was something he is instructed to do, but Max was soooo much better when he came in. It's not that he can't do it either - he is very comfortable on the ball and has an amazing throw +  when we are a goal down and need to score, his urgency changes and distribution is quicker.

We seem to spend a while passing nicely at the back keeping possession pass it back to Bentley and then he long balls it, leaving possession up to chance. 

• Like 1
Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

We've spent most of the half either giving the ball straight back to them or playing into blind corners. I think Andy Weimenn is wasted at RWB (or whereever he's actually ended up), but Scott is on a yellow so I doubt if NP will swap them around. AS looks a bit off again. Game there if we can get it together in the second half.

I’d hook Scott, bring in Pring, push Jay to RWB and play Andi through the middle.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

We've spent most of the half either giving the ball straight back to them of playing into blind corners. I think Andy Weimenn is wasted at RWB (or whereever he's actually ended up), but Scott is on a yellow so I doubt if NP will swap them around. AS looks a bit off again. Game there if we can get it together in the second half.

I would take Scott off for HNM