IGNORED

Highlights

Port Said Red

Gavin Ward is such a shit ref.

The penalty looked incredibly soft (we should have had about 8, not 1 this season if it was).

But then Klose is not so much encroaching as almost beyond Dack by the time he takes it.

Amazed it wasn’t re-taken.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The penalty looked incredibly soft (we should have had about 8, not 1 this season if it was).

But then Klose is not so much encroaching as almost beyond Dack by the time he takes it.

I struggle to understand how he’s allowed to referee in the Championship. Players and mangers have no confidence in him. Nor fans.   No normal ref would have given the pen - you can  argue Han touched their player but there are 50 such contacts in the box every game. But, despite the award, Blackburn fans are raging at his performance. No surprise. He has no feel for the game. He doesn’t understand what a proper foul is. 
There was a comedy moment near the end when we broke down the left and he blew for our foul when any proper ref would have waited a second for any advantage…and we had a dangerous attack on. (Perversely, I think we actually scored via that free kick.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That’s why until recently he’s right at the bottom of my Champ refs…until Andy Davies briefly replaced him.

Hes bad for both sides.

Hes typical of trying to even up a wrong.  This time Atkinson’s foul on Dolan that both he and his assistant missed…Ward couldn’t wait to make up for that.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s why until recently he’s right at the bottom of my Champ refs…until Andy Davies briefly replaced him.

Hes bad for both sides.

Hes typical of trying to even up a wrong.  This time Atkinson’s foul on Dolan that both he and his assistant missed…Ward couldn’t wait to make up for that.

Thought he seemed like a parks ref. Gave a lot of decisions to the team that appealed the loudest.

The Blackburn players were disgraceful at diving. That fat winger from Dortmund spent more time flinging himself to the ground than actually running about. He could have had 3 yellows for diving.

James put his hand on someones hip and their legs collapsed. Han slightly tugged at a guys shirt and he threw himself to the ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That bit he got right.. the encroaching player has to make a material impact to be an offence. So if Klose had cleared after the save then it should be re-taken.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

That bit he got right.. the encroaching player has to make a material impact to be an offence. So if Klose had cleared after the save then it should be re-taken.

Seeing as Klose appeared to be running in to the penalty area almost in parallel with Dack I fail to see how he wasn’t making a material impact.

It looked to be the softest of penalties to me but one that definitely should have been re-taken.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as Klose appeared to be running in to the penalty area almost in parallel with Dack I fail to see how he wasn’t making a material impact.

It looked to be the softest of penalties to me but one that definitely should have been re-taken.

He’s being Dack when the ball is struck. Dack can’t see him 

FA51D1AF-973E-42B1-9863-E89F5E98ED6F.png

9 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

He’s being Dack when the ball is struck. Dack can’t see him 

FA51D1AF-973E-42B1-9863-E89F5E98ED6F.png

At that point he'd realised how far he'd run, and backtracked a little. Dack would need to be blind not to realise he was there, so definitely should have been retaken. But that ref was an idiot so not shocked he did nothing about it.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

After seeing some of the bollocks decisions given against us this season I can't say I'll be getting very triggered over getting a bit of luck yesterday.........the standard of refereeing in the Premier League isn't great but below the Prem it's absolutely abysmal, as bad as it's ever been. So bad that I remember thinking we would be better off if we got Keith ******* Stroud allocated to us a bit more often. Andy Davies actually reffed like a bloke who had been on a bender for twenty four hours solid before the game. From what I can see most ref's at our level literally ref the game on league position, i.e. anything 50:50 is given to the team in the higher placing, only obvious decisions given to the other side. I remember being impressed with ONE ref over the last three or four years, tall guy, can't remember his name and unsurprisingly he got fast tracked into the Prem before you could blink as soon as it was obvious they had found a bloke that could do the job properly.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hes bad for both sides.

12 hours ago, firstdivision said:

I struggle to understand how he’s allowed to referee in the Championship. Players and mangers have no confidence in him. Nor fans.   No normal ref would have given the pen - you can  argue Han touched their player but there are 50 such contacts in the box every game. But, despite the award, Blackburn fans are raging at his performance. No surprise. He has no feel for the game. He doesn’t understand what a proper foul is. 
There was a comedy moment near the end when we broke down the left and he blew for our foul when any proper ref would have waited a second for any advantage…and we had a dangerous attack on. (Perversely, I think we actually scored via that free kick.)

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What makes it worse, is that he seemed to realise they were 'going down easy'. Even booked Khadra for a dive, which I thought was harsh TBH.
Another day of inconsistencies from a Ref, the Pen looked one of the softest decisions of the day, one which would not been given anywhere else on the  pitch going by the rest of his performance.

41 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

At that point he'd realised how far he'd run, and backtracked a little. Dack would need to be blind not to realise he was there, so definitely should have been retaken. But that ref was an idiot so not shocked he did nothing about it.

Don’t think Dack complained though so don’t think he did see him 

58 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

As one of their players also encroached, not far behind Klose, wonder if the ref thought that cancelled each other out. 

Well he was that good wasn't he!

Couldn't remember the laws on this so looked it up. Maybe Gavin Ward should too.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 10.21.03.png