IGNORED

Actually refreshing - NP post match

RedNachos

Since he's been in charge I've been the first one to critiscise his post-match interviews, especially after disappointing results with, to me, a constant repetition of shrugging and saying "we weren't up for it today" and his calling out of players being a bit of a frustrating one as a fan to take in. The general consensus on here has been positive to his post-match thoughts with claims of them being "refreshing for a manager to come out and say it like it is" - but today we had a properly refreshing and encouraging post-match.

Positivity to players, appreciating performances, accurately assesing the game and giving a view of how the performance fits in the long-term. Very much a breath of fresh air interview. Impressive stuff from Pearson.

• Like 3

It’s very different being interviewed after a defeat and after a win - that was very obvious today. Nige has been rightly pissed off and frustrated after losses, particularly at AG and the defeat to Brum was a prime example. He said then that us fans will get fed up with him saying the same thing……….:cool2:

Another win at Oakwell midweek may well give us back to back wins for the first time this season.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s very different being interviewed after a defeat and after a win - that was very obvious today. Nige has been rightly pissed off and frustrated after losses, particularly at AG and the defeat to Brum was a prime example. He said then that us fans will get fed up with him saying the same thing……….:cool2:

Another win at Oakwell midweek may well give us back to back wins for the first time this season.

Let's hope so but not going to get my hopes up too much. 

1 hour ago, RedNachos said:

Since he's been in charge I've been the first one to critiscise his post-match interviews, especially after disappointing results with, to me, a constant repetition of shrugging and saying "we weren't up for it today" and his calling out of players being a bit of a frustrating one as a fan to take in. The general consensus on here has been positive to his post-match thoughts with claims of them being "refreshing for a manager to come out and say it like it is" - but today we had a properly refreshing and encouraging post-match.

Positivity to players, appreciating performances, accurately assesing the game and giving a view of how the performance fits in the long-term. Very much a breath of fresh air interview. Impressive stuff from Pearson.

What a complete load of bollocks tbh . He always says it how he sees it & today was no difference . So he constantly says we’re not up for it does he ? ??? utter drivel 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Let's hope so but not going to get my hopes up too much. 

Barnsley are in the DZ and City are just off an away win - that said the Tykes did hold Fulham to a draw today so that’ll give them some confidence.

Another 0-1 away win would do me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What a complete load of bollocks tbh . He always says it how he sees it & today was no difference . So he constantly says we’re not up for it does he ? ??? utter drivel 

okay mate few deep breaths. My interpretation of some of his previous post match interviews have been he has a lack of belief and positivity in the players straight after the 90. Today he was positive (for obvious reasons) and gave some praise to players. not a horrendous point even if you disagree with it. 

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Barnsley are in the DZ and City are just off an away win - that said the Tykes did hold Fulham to a draw today so that’ll give them some confidence.

Another 0-1 away win would do me.

I’m not sure about Barnsley being in a demilitarised zone (DZ).  Have you been there on a Saturday night?

• Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

53 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree. Calls it what it is every time! 

The bloke is brilliant and is Cotterill like in his assessments. Spot on!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree. Calls it what it is every time! 

The bloke is brilliant in his assessments. Spot on!

Nige was a very decent CB in his playing days for the Shrews, the Owls and Boro. He certainly captained Wednesday and Boro and is a very experienced football man who knows his stuff.

He’s sat in numerous changing rooms hearing the views and opinions of whoever the manager was and will have taken a little bit from each one both positive and negative and developed his own eclectic method and that’s what we see now.

I like his direct manner, says it as it is approach - it’s about time we had a manger like him.

• Like 1