IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Who will be marking Andy Carroll at corners??

I’m sure they’ll have done their homework and play half zone half man to man, and still leave him totally unmarked or perhaps jumping with Dasilva….wonder if they practice the post set piece goal finger pointing and shoulder shrugs at the high performance centre……

Manager hasn't got it right but the players aren't showing up either. 

Seems like a fair amount of them are hiding every game, I don't know how many teams in this division would be snapping at the heels to take our players (apart from the youngsters who are learning on the job who we should try and keep as many as possible).

I'd keep Williams, Weimann, Klose, Bentley and Pring probably.

The rest just seem interchangeable to me, it doesn't matter who comes in out of any of them, it is always the same performances with the same individual mistakes.

Just now, Totterdown's Finest said:

My God, we look awful this evening... 

quite depressing really….Sorting out my long weekend in Bristol to coincide with Hull, so far with discounted 1st class GWR tickets and hotel that’s £200, add another £200 for cider, tickets and food. Not quite sure that this shower of shite is quite worth that…

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’ve actually had chances tonight despite being utterly shite 

Our chances aren't the issue, in 38 games we conceded 67 goals, averages out at 1.76 goals a game conceded. Fair to say we can create all the chances we want but being as we have the third highest goals per game conceded in the league and the next the team with the 4th highest has conceded 9 less goals than us says it all. 

I can see the positives Pearson has created, the issue is that until he has the chance to bring in a right back and organise the defence we're going to be awful at defending. That said the corner defending is inexcusable, the right back position has no impact on that at all. 

I don't know what the issue with the defending is. Kalas has been in our team when the defence was solid, Klose is arguably the best CB we've got and yet we're league one standard when it comes to our defending. I'm actually concerned at this point that we're probably one of the favourites to go down next season if things don't change for the better in our defence. 

• Like 2
Just now, Banjo Red said:

Is Pearson asking too much of the players or are the players just not up to scratch, Is it the tactics or is it down to attitude who knows but this job is massive sorting out where we go from here.

The scarier question I ask myself is whether Pearson is gettinf the best out of this lot. If its  a yes then blimey.

Just now, old_eastender said:

Yep, aside from giving away 2 soft goals, I don't recall their keeper having a serious shot to save. We looked better with Williams on, without him it's been dreadful both before and after.

However bad our players are, its the job of the coach/manager to add value to a team performance. I just don't see where.