IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

However bad our players are, its the job of the coach/manager to add value to a team performance. I just don't see where. 

People keep saying this but look at United. You know they have talent, they've gone through multiple managers and don't perform anywhere near the level they can. 

It's all good to blame the manager but sometimes there are just too many players rocking the boat to get the team playing well. 

I have no idea who we would bring in if Pearson goes, I actually think that may be the final straw that sees us relegated because if these players won't play for Pearson I don't see them playing for anyone else. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Hopefully. He has run his nuts off TBF

He has.

Honestly bar some really really poor set piece defending tonight has essentially been a frantic match between two fairly crap teams. Barnsley set up well to counter us - we're not good under pressure so they put pressure on us, and we cracked. We've bene prone to individual errors at the back, personally I think that is exacerbated by a lack of midfield consistency and screening, and the necessary back 3 that netiehr Pearosn nor his defenders are totally comfortable with. That creates seeds of doubt, that leads to hesitancy and indecision, and that creates mistakes. That's the short term. That loses us games.

In the long term we don't have a right back so we cannot play Pearson's preferred 4 at the back. We did play that early in the season, and we were much more controlled and solid in defence...but we were more boring and stodgy going forward. On balance though we seemed more capable of picking up points. Correct that over the summer (finances permitting so bye bye to at least one decent sale) and I think we can achieve proper mid table next term, although it will be not be exciting or attractive football.

Oh and at least Derby are off to oblivion. 

• Like 1
Just now, Numero Uno said:

Ask Steve, he'll tell you.

Everything just feels the same every season. It's so boringly predictable. 

I don't like where the club has been going ever since that Wolves game, on and off the pitch. I think City have become the most stale club in the division

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
2 hours ago, maxjak said:

IMHO .........mistake not to start Wells, whilst giving Martin a rest.  But Hey what do I know?   The proof will be in the result/performance?   Prediction......2-0 defeat?   Hoping to eat Humble Pie! ?

That's another £50 in the bank.......with the notable exception of last Saturday, City are the most predictable away side in the country, and a punters dream team?

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Everything just feels the same every season. It's so boringly predictable. 

I don't like where the club has been going ever since that Wolves game, on and off the pitch. I think City have become the most stale club in the division

It seems that way makes you wonder where we go from here.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

No getting away from we were very poor. We created enough situations to score, buggered those up, and conceded poorly to the first two corners.

Rubbish. Kind of expected tonight tbh.

Did their keeper (Collins?) do anything atall? Apart from drop the ball over his dead ball line he had naff all to do!