IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

Why? Because he got promoted from this division nearly a decade ago

with players such as Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater at second division level, ive backed him long enough but these aren't terrible players, we've seen masses of quality from them, and he's not got the best out of any of them. None. Don't blame the players 

Poor performance all round.

Wells again looks good off the bench.

Semenyo is good build up, but final decision making is lacking.

Playing 2 strikers in midfield in Wells and Wiemann when Martin offering nothing up top. Hope we start with Wiemann and Wells up top on Saturday.

Massengo was awful, nearly as bad as James.

What's happened to Andy King?

1 minute ago, Banjo Red said:

It seems that way makes you wonder where we go from here.

We'll hear the same stuff Nigel will come out with i'm sure. 

We'll also hear from the owner in April time somewhen saying how he is proud of the HPC and how many youngsters have made the grade this season and more guff soundbites that mean nothing i'm sure.

And get rid of that god awful new badge we have ? Makes us look even more a joke outfit.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If you can find positives in Pearson, you have looked too hard

Would you say that since he came in our youth has not come along alot?

I'm as frustrated as anyone but we've seen some huge improvements in our youth. The crazy thing is of the defence was performing we would actually have a very solid team. Yes, there are weaknesses but without a shadow of a doubt our real issue is in defence. 

My hope is based on that we have no right backs at the club, this creates more pressure and takes away crucial formations as options so I want to see what we can do if Pearson can bring in the players to create actual balance in the squad. For me he has this summer to bring those players in, if he doesn't do that then I feel he'll have to go but there's no point in sacking him right now as he's essentially had a season with key positions having major issues. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Go on.  Name it.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No I have looked there are none. We are dreadful even after the summer clear out. Pearson ain’t the one

Any positive?

The huge improvement of Semenyo, Scott, Pring, and Massengo for a good chunk of the season?

Tonight was pretty awful but if you're saying there have been NO positives to his appointment at all you're utterly blinkered.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 4
Just now, RedNachos said:

with players such as Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater at second division level, ive backed him long enough but these aren't terrible players, we've seen masses of quality from them, and he's not got the best out of any of them. None. Don't blame the players 

Don't blame the players? In a way, no, but not for your reasoning........very few of them are anywhere near the level. Masses of quality......have you been on LSD? Because you must be the only person in Bristol that has spotted that.................

1 minute ago, TomF said:

If you look at the stats on sky sports you’d think (if you’d not watched the game!) that we’d been the better side. 

807567B1-257E-4CD6-8880-F2F64B643792.jpeg

Just goes to show stats mean nothing as I have just witnessed one of the most dire team performance for a long time….. unfortunately, I have been saying that to myself too many times over the past 3 years.

• Like 1

City had enough of the ball and 16 shots on goal, but lacked real cohesion after Williams' exit with what appeared to be tight hamstrings. The positional changes bemused me at 0-2. Atkinson to left-back and Dasilva to right back when Pring could have replaced Scott. Wells for Williams was another. Would another midfield body in Vyner have been a better option, freeing James. It all looked a bit of a mess despite the gung-ho finish that deserved a consolation. Oh well, where's that corner coach?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Banjo Red said:

Let's see what Nige has to say about that.

I guess it will be some reference to the drive and commitment of individuals in the team, we’ve not had the bus analogy for a while….

Far too many average at best performances from individuals who should be better. Not sure that HNM looks as committed as previously, at least we had some drive through Williams. 

I can’t say that apart from Williams there was anyone playing that was really battling and fighting like the Barnsley team, and that ultimately was the difference. One team wanted it more, and that is concerning.

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

If you look at the stats on sky sports you’d think (if you’d not watched the game!) that we’d been the better side. 

807567B1-257E-4CD6-8880-F2F64B643792.jpeg

3 shots on target? I'm struggling to remember 3 shots let alone 3 on target. 

Erm, James had one which ended up in Huddersfield, Jay had one which is just about to leave the earth's orbit and Antione skied one, that's all I remember. 

• Haha 1

On the plus side, I normally feel angry and frustrated when the season ends, as usually it’s an opportunity missed or a chance squandered. Finishing this one’s going to be great- survival, which is the main thing and not a given, mixed with the sheer joy and relief of not having to watch this team twice a week. Strangely, this could end up feeling like the best season for a few years. 

Better coached side, with better players won…….we deserved nothing against what will probably soon be a League 1 side.

Same old mistakes and problems on and off the pitch. We ain’t going nowhere unless we learn and change things, which we appear totally incapable of doing. 

Not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

I disagree, they couldn’t even pass the ball in front of a team mate.  Once they step across the white line it’s the players and that was another bad bad day at the office.

Sacking Pearson would achieve absolutely nothing. There is no one worth bringing in to replace him. The only logical choice would be Warnock, but there would go all the youth development.  We're not going down so be glad of that. Lets see what the summer brings, albeit I don't hold out much hope, but keep changing the manager isn't the solution. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Why the **** would he come to us after watching this haha.

I agree - why would anyone want to come to us?

To build a team that would show a (consistent) improvement on the dross we serve up then we need to attract players with a desire to play and not a desire to come here and earn a wadge of money. It is arrogant of the club (and its supporters) to think that all it needs to do is 'flash the cash'. This is how clubs on much smaller resources outperform us, consistently. We need a manager that can create such an atmosphere/ethos at the club - it's been missing since Cotterill.  

• Like 3

I predicted a defeat tonight due to home comforts for Barnsley and an upturn in form. I didn't quite expect that level of performance though. This season has been a really tough one watching city. I am either fearful of a late goal which happens every few games or set pieces, not being able to win 2 in a row and the frustration of not getting penalties and major decisions going against us.

The only positive is that we have cut the wage bill and got some young lads game time. Other than the young trio of Scott, Massengo and Semenyo (the latter two sub par in recent games) and Weimann one of the top scorers in the league, what other value do we have?