IGNORED

U23s v Colchester (h) - 1pm

Davefevs

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Palmer-Houlden is going to be as big as his name isn't he? I don't think he is 18 yet?

Pretty sure he was 18 early this year, he’s had an excellent season, scored nearly all of the U18s goals & a few stepping up to the 23s.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He’s been decent recently from what I’ve seen so wouldn’t surprise me to see him on the bench tomorrow. 

Yep, been really erratic until the turn of the year….but starting to show consistency and good levels of late.  It’s taken him a while from that 1st team friendly debut a couple of seasons back, but he’s also had a long injury from what a mate tells me.

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Palmer-Houlden is going to be as big as his name isn't he? I don't think he is 18 yet?

Yeah, I really like his “game”.  Got a bit of everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure he was 18 early this year, he’s had an excellent season, scored nearly all of the U18s goals & a few stepping up to the 23s.

And this is why people need to see things like the Louis Britton decision for what it was. Bell and Conway ahead of him, Palmer-Holden coming up in the u23s. It’s actually better in the long run to release the players that, although having ability, cause a logjam in the pathway as they’re just not likely to make it for our level. James Morton is a great example here - he’s now unlikely to get in at a pro club in view of his age, and is not making it here.

Pearsons expressed a view that at 19 you need to be in or around the first team to have a chance of making it. There will be Reid’s that disprove that, but as a general position, it makes sense to clear all but the marginals out at the age of 20ish for both us and their sake

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

And this is why people need to see things like the Louis Britton decision for what it was. Bell and Conway ahead of him, Palmer-Holden coming up in the u23s. It’s actually better in the long run to release the players that, although having ability, cause a logjam in the pathway as they’re just not likely to make it for our level. James Morton is a great example here - he’s now unlikely to get in at a pro club in view of his age, and is not making it here.

Pearsons expressed a view that at 19 you need to be in or around the first team to have a chance of making it. There will be Reid’s that disprove that, but as a general position, it makes sense to clear all but the marginals out at the age of 20ish for both us and their sake

Good point- I remember a few last season saying they couldn’t understand Opi Edwards getting released.

He’s 22 & hasn’t got in the Forest Green squad once in a league game this season.

Pro football is a harsh environment & we can’t keep all & sundry on the basis of Reid.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Are City not allowed to recall their on-loan players to play in U-23 matches and the like?

Or are City just being ‘kind’ and respectful that Paulton have a game?

Looks like they don’t have a game tonight anyway.  Not sure of protocol, but earlier this season I think Owers missed a City game because Bath had a game.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Could be that Paulton are playing tonight then?  Good point.

Doesn’t matter, players on loan at any club can play 23’s, Morton was on loan at Gillingham second half of last season but not playing so we said he’d play for our 23’s instead