IGNORED

Positives from tonight

kelbcfc

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Sad to say but if Williams has done his hamstring again then we now know for certain that we need a replacement for the lad. 
It was only 2-0 . 
We are nearer the end of this difficult season. Chances are we will have a little bit of cash to bring in new players, Pearson’s players , and if he cocks up then we know we need to bring in a new manager. 

Pearson cocked up the recruitment last summer. I’ve totally zero confidence in him doing better this summer. Get a new manager in now rather than wait for Pearson to lumber a new manager in October with his new signings. 

39 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Pearson cocked up the recruitment last summer. I’ve totally zero confidence in him doing better this summer. Get a new manager in now rather than wait for Pearson to lumber a new manager in October with his new signings. 

Cocked up, or mixed?

I am really fed up ATM. We are seeing backwards steps, the same mistakes on & off the pitch. Continually trying square pegs in round holes and players looking uncomfortable in roles or not being able to carry out instructions.

But Positives ?
I'd say
Bentley again, I do like to see a keeper coming off his line to win a punch positively.
DaSilva, another decent game, even when he was 3/4/5th ? to play at RWB
Cundy & Atkinson getting through anther 90.
Apart from that, I'm struggling.

Whether it is system or players, the back 3 isn't working. Open play isn't great, but from corners with part zonal and part M4M or however it's supposed to work, it's a horror show. 
TBF the first is a missed kick from Scott, it is difficult when a ball bounces quickly in the box. But as soon as their player knocks it back with his shoulder we were in trouble. Semenyo is on the scorer, but gets drawn to the flight of the ball. 
The 2nd, a 6'4" player gets a free run at the ball.

Pearson wants to play a 4, then play a 4. Atkinson doesn't look sure about a CB role that covers LB , WB & winger. Him and Cundy look proper defenders, play them in that role . I'd think about Klose as a shield seeing as we will have only James left for Saturday.  We have been massively hamstrung (sic) by injuries, but I don't think NP is helping with his choices. 
I do worry about next year, I don't see anything but a struggle . I really think we have some good players, but for whatever reason we are not getting anywhere near good enough (let alone the best) out of them. 
I have been optimistic about the future, Semenyo, Scott, HNM, Weimann and others, I really thought we could push on next year. But you have to ask yourself, if you are one of our young stars and someone comes in for you, what reason is there to stay ? 

If we loose all 3, plus a few others OOC or not in plans, I'm still very nervous about our rebuild.
The summer is going to be massively difficult. 

• Robin 1