IGNORED

Chris Martin

Bristol Rob

It’s interesting reading this thread as a large percentage of posts say, on the whole, this is a good signing. Conversely, over the course of the season, a large percentage of posts about him have said he’s poor and needs to be urgently replaced. I assume this indicates that people have accepted the club has no money, summer signings are going to be meagre and next season is going to be another struggle. My view is that although he chips in with a few goals and assists, he’s got to be just someone who is on the bench next season to occasionally come on as sub. The only person I’ve seen who has less pace and mobility than Martin is Adebayo Akinfenwa. (By the way I think Akinfenwa does a good job at League 1 & 2 level) 

He deserves the extension to his contract. His injury record is good, he is a decent player and a model pro and he has weighed in with goals. As has been mentioned numerous times on this thread, though, he has been flogged to death at times and we need another option. 

• Like 3

On 18/03/2022 at 03:43, Northern Red said:

Do you like anything about the club?

If not, why are you still here?

I don’t need to justify why I support City any more than you do.  And just because I’m a City fan doesnt mean that I need to love everything about the club, or the way it’s managed.  When you have more than a few brain cells to rub together you generally understand that there are many different perspectives and not everything is a binary choice.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

At least he kept alert, chased after the ball and looked lively and interested when he didn’t have the ball - unlike Nakhi, who was ok when he had the ball but, especially in the second half, looked decidedly disinterested in getting involved when he lost the ball!

With 15-20 to go Wells looked like he was signalling that he was starting to cramp up in he’s left calf.  Remember he hasn’t started for ages (Brum (a)).

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With 15-20 to go Wells looked like he was signalling that he was starting to cramp up in he’s left calf.  Remember he hasn’t started for ages (Brum (a)).

Totally get that but he stopped running when out of possession early in the second half and almost stopped later - after he’d signalled to the bench.

Its that sort of thing that I think frustrates NP!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

At least he kept alert, chased after the ball and looked lively and interested when he didn’t have the ball - unlike Nakhi, who was ok when he had the ball but, especially in the second half, looked decidedly disinterested in getting involved when he lost the ball!

Not for the first 24 minutes he didn’t! Failed to connect with every ball sent his way!

• Confused 1