IGNORED

Not very PC but might just bring a smile ?

Jerseybean

5 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Normal Hunter was the first English player to take the knee.

9E2C74E9-770A-4E8F-90B5-8FD320530128.jpeg

Lovely man. I interviewed him once and ended the call with the following exchange:

"I'm going to have to stop now Mark."

"Why's that Norman?"

"My wife has just put my dinner on the table."

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Lovely man. I interviewed him once and ended the call with the following exchange:

"Why's that Norman?"

Met him at the Cadbury Club at a Sportsman dinner. What a nice guy he was. Just a pleasure.

17 minutes ago, TBW said:

Haaland almost did **** up his career. That's why Keane did it.

That is a common misconception.

Haaland retired due to a reoccurring injury to his left knee, not because of the damage Keane did to his right knee. 

Horrendous tackle, nonetheless. 

Still, the worst tackle i have ever seen is this one....

Makes me chuckle that Souness had the audacity to point to his leg like he was the one that had been caught ? 

8 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

"Why's that Norman?"

We had proper hard men back in the day with the likes of Gow and Hunter. Unfortunately football is now for the softies. 

3 hours ago, Isawjonshaw said:

Revenge

The revenge (basically a brutal, pre-meditated and career ending assault)  was disproportionate with Halaand's original gibe at Keane.

3 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

That is a common misconception.

Haaland retired due to a reoccurring injury to his left knee, not because of the damage Keane did to his right knee. 

Horrendous tackle, nonetheless. 

I never said that... Think you've read my post incorrectly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, downendcity said:

Roy Keane carrying on Norm’s tradition and absolutely “taking the knee".

Great player, but a thug.

The ball was nowhere to be seen and Haaland was just lucky his leg wasn’t planted

When a red card just isn’t enough!

There is a You Tube Vid of a Wimbledon v Man Utd cup tie from the mid 90s and Vinny Jones is constantly trying to smash Keane. It is the only time I have seen Keane flustered and looking like he'd rather be elsewhere.

Graham  roberts on cfampagne charlie was a shocker.

There was a picture of charle flying ;through the air, towards a pillar iin the stand.

Recall shearer winding up keane too, and keane throwing a punch,

You could hear a pearce tackle in the stand at wembley, thats how hard he tackled.

Jmmy case was matt le tissers minder at soton.

He said to case pearce has kicked me twice now jim.

Jim replied. not today son!

7 hours ago, City1970 said:

We had proper hard men back in the day with the likes of Gow and Hunter. Unfortunately football is now for the softies. 

Oh **** off.

Great players as they were, and fun as they were to watch, the game moved on.

You do realise that, in the 70's when Gow and Hunter were plying their trade, the stands were full of old gits bemoaning modern football, exclaiming 'the games gone soft'.

In reality, the players got better and the rules slowly evolved to protect the better players meaning that you can't make a career in football by just kicking people any more.

People aren't 'softer' these days, they just don't need to constantly prove how 'hard' they are because life has generally improved. Just look at the number of Ukranians giving up everything and going home to fight for their country as soon as the need has arisen.

Unfortunately, the older generations have bemoaned the young for time immemorial and will no doubt continue to do so. It doesn't make the older generations right.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

4 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Oh **** off.

Great players as they were, and fun as they were to watch, the game moved on.

You do realise that, in the 70's when Gow and Hunter were plying their trade, the stands were full of old gits bemoaning modern football, exclaiming 'the games gone soft'.

In reality, the players got better and the rules slowly evolved to protect the better players meaning that you can't make a career in football by just kicking people any more.

People aren't 'softer' these days, they just don't need to constantly prove how 'hard' they are because life has generally improved. Just look at the number of Ukranians giving up everything and going home to fight for their country as soon as the need has arisen.

Unfortunately, the older generations have bemoaned the young for time immemorial and will no doubt continue to do so. It doesn't make the older generations right.

Funny you mention Gow and Hunter.  Have you listened to @headhunter’s interview on FBC pod with Alan Dicks.  I won’t spoil it, but worth a listen re Dicks’s comments on these two.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Isawjonshaw said:

Revenge

Definitely not justified

15 hours ago, TBW said:

Haaland almost did **** up his career. That's why Keane did it.

No he didn’t, Keane injured himself lunging into a tackle on Haaland. What riled Keane is that Haaland ran over and said something about him faking injury or mocking his injury- Haaland didn’t cause it