IGNORED

SL and new Suburb

Ivorguy

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Please read my entire piece to see that I also have no problems with entrepreneurs making profit.

No problem in you taking opposite view to mine, but please criticise what I have said and not what you think I said

Many thanks.

I read it all. It’s garbage. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

SL is a entrepreneur who has made billions. Therefore he will see everything as a money making agenda. 

As fans of rugby, football, basketball what ever in the Bristol sport bucket. He will want to maximise his profit on each and every one of us it's the  way it is. 

It's called capatilism 

As long as I have Bristol City to watch I will put up with it . I don't see any fair distribution of the wealth happening in the current climate. 

❤️COYR❤️

PS at least we have an English owner. (Which is not a racist comment)

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

The news that SL wishes to build a new suburb around Ashton Gate clarifies two things, imo

1.  City are a very small part of SL’s long term plan

2. He is not quite the Great Benefactor some City fans believe him to be, he is an entrepreneur seeking to maximise profit for himself.

1. He's not exactly making money from City, far from it 

2. What does his plans for real estate have to do with his ownership of the football club?

• Like 2

If he wants to build a real legacy, I hope that he is leaning towards affordable housing and/or dispersed accommodation.

From the work I do I can confirm that there are many people stuck in the homelessness pathways who are more than capable for an independent life. We can't just move all the vulnerable people into St Paul's/Easton and then expect them to get on with it as this will set many up to fail.

Providing this sort of housing in BS3 would make a profound, long term difference. There's no shortage of yuppie flats here, we don't need more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We are part of SL`s empire (cake) what happens if someone else sometime in the future wants to take over BCFC? how many parts of that cake would they have to take on as well? the stadium, The Bears? Basketball? Hotel? or is the plan to be part of SL and his families empire forever?

Sorry but I think we have lost part of our identity by being now part of something else..... what next? BSFC. ?

11 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

The news that SL wishes to build a new suburb around Ashton Gate clarifies two things, imo

2. He is not quite the Great Benefactor some City fans believe him to be, he is an entrepreneur seeking to maximise profit for himself.

I don’t have any objection to that as an aim, but I do have an objection that his imperial dream has never been open, and City fans being used as dupes.  First we got BS and now this new plan.  Perhaps we might now be told the ultimate end game? A rebranding of Bristol into Lansdown City perhaps!

Only 2 things are certain on OTIB the need for a scapegoat afyer a loss and Ivorguy slagging off SL in every other post he makes 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

There's plenty of legitimate criticism that can be levelled at Lansdown without having to resort to inventing things to have a go at him over. Otherwise it just reeks of an agenda.

Same goes for Pearson, Johnson, Holden and whoever else.

It’s the usual bollocks from Ivorguy.

• Like 2

It would be interesting to find out how much monitoring of this site the council have done for dog walking and nature loving over the last 10 years? Just so they've got sufficient amunition to block the next planning application!

Along with all the traditional village green activities?

29 minutes ago, Midred said:

It would be interesting to find out how much monitoring of this site the council have done for dog walking and nature loving over the last 10 years? Just so they've got sufficient amunition to block the next planning application!

Along with all the traditional village green activities?

Think we have now moved well beyond that.

The Ashton Vale site has now effectively been partitioned, some of it will remain wild, about half is already being built upon, or has the planning approval to do so.

The Winterstoke Rd sports village stuff & associated housing is up for approval next month, I believe.

Far harder to argue that land is anything other than a brownfield site already & the pressure to build on every single piece of available land both from central Government & the Rees administration is now also very different from the time of the stadium fiasco.

• Thanks 1

The site for our 40,000 seater stadium was our Field of Dreams - However it was a case of (try to) "Build it and they will come protest"

So the Village Greeners/newt lovers/dog walkers/Nimbys now face the propect of a large housing development engulfing them.

Many will feel "serves then right" for putting up those lame/fabricated reasons to oppose the new stadium.

If the new suburb is named "Lansdown" (like the one in Bath) that would add insult to injury.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, An Outstanding Human said:

If he wants to build a real legacy, I hope that he is leaning towards affordable housing and/or dispersed accommodation.

From the work I do I can confirm that there are many people stuck in the homelessness pathways who are more than capable for an independent life. We can't just move all the vulnerable people into St Paul's/Easton and then expect them to get on with it as this will set many up to fail.

Providing this sort of housing in BS3 would make a profound, long term difference. There's no shortage of yuppie flats here, we don't need more.

Think you’re pretty wide of the mark with your Easton/St. Pauls vulnerable people analogy.

Both of these areas are gentrifying at a rate that is on a par with BS3.

The left behind areas are all on the fringes of the city, Google Imperial Appartments if you want to know where they are really being sent.

Once you get beyond the affluent parts of BS3, South Bristol is the default option here..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gl2 said:

We are part of SL`s empire (cake) what happens if someone else sometime in the future wants to take over BCFC? how many parts of that cake would they have to take on as well? the stadium, The Bears? Basketball? Hotel? or is the plan to be part of SL and his families empire forever?

Sorry but I think we have lost part of our identity by being now part of something else..... what next? BSFC. ?

The whole structure of SL cake is that he could cut a piece off to sell to someone else if he wants.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think you’re pretty wide of the mark with your Easton/St. Pauls vulnerable people analogy.

The left behind areas are all on the fringes of the city, Google Imperial Appartments if you want to know where they are really being sent.

Once you get beyond the affluent parts of BS3, South Bristol is the default option here..

I've been to Imperial Apartments three times and unfortunately am all too aware of what it's like.

There's no doubt that the extremeties of our city also contain poverty, struggle and a history of neglect from those in charge. In the homelessness pathways, a significant proportion of properties are in Easton. I spend almost every working day there and personally love the feel and uniqueness of the community. Many of my clients have spent their whole lives there and need to be out of the inner city. There's no doubt that St Paul's is now avocado central nowadays. Easton is at the start of this journey; I can tell you right now that it's still not a place to house a high proportion of people with complex needs. I see this every weekday; it is the reality of the situation. 

I will add that in the long term I expect that we will see a trend of this centre moving eastwards as gentrification takes hold.

Because of this, areas such as Bedminster, Knowle and Brislington work so well. Much less risk of bumping into someone from the past.

I have clients who are aspiring to move to Hartcliffe, El Dub and similar locations too. They aren't perfect areas, yet they offer the route into independent living and an opportunity for a fresh start. Of course there's going to be a drug scene there; this is Bristol we are on about! Yet my lads need to be away from the former 'friends' who would just love to bring them back to their old ways.

This has turned quite long and rambly but it is important for me to get the point out that dispersed accommodation is the long term future for housing vulnerable people. I've seen HomeChoice properties advertised in Spike Island, Hotwells and Clifton. How fantastic is that! This is what we need more of and Mr L would be in a great position to provide it.

Edited by An Outstanding Human
  • Like 2

If SL wants to maximise his profits, he’d go nowhere near a new suburb. He co-ran one of the most modern, innovative wealth management companies in Britain, with excellent returns over decades, without producing or building a thing. Sure, he’s not planning to make a loss on this, but really, if gert profits are your thing, there are better ways.

Edited by Bedred31

On 18/03/2022 at 10:00, Ivorguy said:

I don’t have any objection to that as an aim, but I do have an objection that his imperial dream has never been open, and City fans being used as dupes.  First we got BS and now this new plan.  Perhaps we might now be told the ultimate end game? A rebranding of Bristol into Lansdown City perhaps!

Dear Ivor, I think you are talking absolute bollox. You obviously have a thing against SL and that is why you continue to slate him at every opportunity.

• Like 3

8 pages debating how long Big Nige has left.

Little Lee had how many windows?

How shit was Deano, Brian et Al?

Why did Gary Johnson and SC leave?

Was Mark Ashton the devil incarnate? Who gave him carte blanche with the ******* cheque book?

My Christ. Aren’t Luton doing well?

But hey ho. The lemming clowns still come out in support of the Messiah.

They love the high performance centre - the one that produces well, high performing players.

They love the premiership standard stadium - must be looking forward to The Yellow Brick Road.

How can a successful self made man **** things up so badly. Perhaps in his mind he hasn’t. Perhaps things are going exactly to plan……..

• Like 2

So we've been duped by somebody building us a £70m new stadium who's paid for it all himself at no cost to us? Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

8 pages debating how long Big Nige has left.

Little Lee had how many windows?

How shit was Deano, Brian et Al?

Why did Gary Johnson and SC leave?

Was Mark Ashton the devil incarnate? Who gave him carte blanche with the ******* cheque book?

My Christ. Aren’t Luton doing well?

But hey ho. The lemming clowns still come out in support of the Messiah.

They love the high performance centre - the one that produces well, high performing players.

They love the premiership standard stadium - must be looking forward to The Yellow Brick Road.

How can a successful self made man **** things up so badly. Perhaps in his mind he hasn’t. Perhaps things are going exactly to plan……..

Bit of rant there Big AL……..hungoever?………..:dunno:

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yeah, I often hear people talking about St Pauls/Easton like it's still 1995. Both those areas are gentrifying at a huge rate and normal people are completely priced out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

So we've been duped by somebody building us a £70m new stadium who's paid for it all himself at no cost to us? Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!

It is not our stadium we just play there, we have no imput on who else plays there or its design or inhabitants.

Do we get anything from the matchday sales around and in the stadium? anyone know? who gets the money from the contracts from these sellers? Money from multiple concerts does that go in NP transfer pot?

Nice if it was our own stadium its not its one of SL`s companies, its not a "gift" to us

16 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

If he only wanted to make money buying the massive financial sinkhole that is Bristol City FC is/was a particularly daft way of going about it! 

Tbh it’s his poor running of the club that made it a massive financial sink hole , lots of smaller clubs in this league holding their own without financial issues .

• Like 1