IGNORED

Parking alongside Dovecote.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Urban myth, mate.

Saw an interview last week with West Brom’s new Chief Exec he said one of the reasons fans were saying their gates were down, was the amount of roadworks near The Hawthorns.

My immediate reaction was you should come to South Bristol if you want to see roadworks..

Definitely an area where Gould should be engaging with BCC, North Somerset & Karin Smyth, it is a disgrace.

I always thought that until I heard a radio interview with Joe Sims, although googled it and appears you are are right.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/there-truth-behind-urban-myth-4941098

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Urban myth, mate.

Saw an interview last week with West Brom’s new Chief Exec he said one of the reasons fans were saying their gates were down, was the amount of roadworks near The Hawthorns.

My immediate reaction was you should come to South Bristol if you want to see roadworks..

Definitely an area where Gould should be engaging with BCC, North Somerset & Karin Smyth, it is a disgrace.

It's not mate it is true. I was manager of car park collections for BCC at the time. The day he didnt turn up for work someone from the zoo rang me to ask if i could send another car park attendant to collect the takings as 'Joe Bloggs' hadn't turned up that day. I told him that it was the Zoos responsibility and nothing to do with BCC. I immediatly contacted our Audit department who found out that this guy didnt work for the Zoo and was a fraudster.  I think that BCC and the Zoo are both embarressed about the situation and came up with the story that it is just an urban myth

Edited by westonred
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3

8 hours ago, westonred said:

It's not mate it is true. I was manager of car park collections for BCC at the time. The day he didnt turn up for work someone from the zoo rang me to ask if i could send another car park attendant to collect the takings as 'Joe Bloggs' hadn't turned up that day. I told him that it was the Zoos responsibility and nothing to do with BCC. I immediatly contacted our Audit department who found out that this guy didnt work for the Zoo and was a fraudster.  I think that BCC and the Zoo are both embarressed about the situation and came up with the story that it is just an urban myth

I’m calling bull shite here! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Were you baffled as stories suggest? 

I dont see why you think i am lieing what have i got to gain by making this up I am not a billy big bollox story teller trying to get attention if you dont want to believe it thats up to you but anyone who knows me know si am no liar

1 minute ago, westonred said:

I dont see why you think i am lieing what have i got to gain by making this up I am not a billy big bollox story teller trying to get attention if you dont want to believe it thats up to you but anyone who knows me know si am no liar

Ok mate. I’m glad it’s true personally.  Who would you like to play you if it goes on to become a Hollywood blockbuster? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, westonred said:

Because it is a private concern and BCC wont get any revenue out of it and the private company who run the site and the bus comapny are in partnership and only get revenue from people who use the buses to get into town. If people used it for football they would just walk to the ground and no therefore no revenue is generated

Charge everyone £4.50 and then if you get on the bus, swap the parking ticket for a bus ticket. 

FWIW. 
I have been parking at the park ride for about 4 years….  Simply NOT an issue. 
years ago used to have a guy  on the gate and the ‘office’  where the seating area and loos are was manned.  No more. That finished donkey years ago.  
 15 minute stroll to the ground.  
there is no cctv…spying on anyone getting on or off buses.  Not policed at all.  Each home game I see the same cars  & fans parking up and strolling  out of park and ride to the stadium…. I have always been perplexed by cars being parked on the grass verges outside the park and ride..  best kept secret, there you go…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

FWIW. 
I have been parking at the park ride for about 4 years….  Simply NOT an issue. 
years ago used to have a guy  on the gate and the ‘office’  where the seating area and loos are was manned.  No more. That finished donkey years ago.  
 15 minute stroll to the ground.  
there is no cctv…spying on anyone getting on or off buses.  Not policed at all.  Each home game I see the same cars  & fans parking up and strolling  out of park and ride to the stadium…. I have always been perplexed by cars being parked on the grass verges outside the park and ride..  best kept secret, there you go…

I thought this was the case but assumed something had changed reading this thread, until I got to your post.

I park in the P&R and can get a bus to where the ten pin bowling alley used to be, i.e. second stop.

I've got a bus pass so it costs me me **** all.

If there ain't a bus available, I walk.

So whether I get on a bus or not, nobody is losing any money.

What is the problem with that?

Edited by Redtucks
  • Like 1

On 18/03/2022 at 23:24, westonred said:

I think Colin Sextoy when he was at the club tried to get permission for the Park and Ride to be used by City fans but there were to many obstactles in the way The car park shuts at 9pm so who would pay for the staff to stay on after 9pm for evening games  Also there is the issue dealing with David Lloyd Leisure who own the land BCC NSC and Metrobus this is why it had never been used for stadium parking

Shame really using those 1,500 spaces would certainly help clear the clogged up streets around the ground    

Less of an issue for evening games though as the parking restrictions around the ground are only till 5pm aren't they?

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Interesting.

I don’t think I ever realised how the club avoided the triggering of that planning requirement to fund a parking scheme.

I’m not sure whether this would be good news or bad news. If “matchday parking scheme” simply means even more restrictions around the ground then that’s clearly going to do nothing to help the bigger picture. As Marvin R acknowledges, it will just move the problem elsewhere. If it means something constructive, like getting the park and ride into proper use, that could be really positive. 

Sounds like Marvs trying to get some votes ahead of next month. No problem with a match day parking scheme if the council provide an alternative for fans coming from across the city. Get on your bikes or take 2/3 buses isn’t really an option for a lot of fans

20 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Sounds like Marvs trying to get some votes ahead of next month. No problem with a match day parking scheme if the council provide an alternative for fans coming from across the city. Get on your bikes or take 2/3 buses isn’t really an option for a lot of fans

Am I right in thinking that there are no elections as such in Bristol - just the referendum on whether Bristol continues to have a mayor at all?

Appreciate that doesn’t detract from the point you’re making, although it’s probably more about what a Mayor can do, rather than what any individual or party wants to do?