IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion at home match day thread

12 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

I’m not ? I wouldn’t put it past this team to get sucked in a relegation battle with a few games to go 

To put it in perspective, Peterborough need to win 7 and draw 1 out of 9, Derby need to win 6 and draw 1 of 7 and Barnsley need to win 5 out of 8…..and that’s if we lose all 7 of our remaining matches. Chill out and have a cider I reckon!!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

To put it in perspective, Peterborough need to win 7 and draw 1 out of 9, Derby need to win 6 and draw 1 of 7 and Barnsley need to win 5 out of 8…..and that’s if we lose all 7 of our remaining matches. Chill out and have a cider I reckon!!

Yes, I’d be taking a good look at Asian betting syndicates if there was a set of results that got us relegated

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

And we’ve still got to play Peterborough and Derby.

Oh….hang on…?

1 hour ago, Colemanballs said:

Why do people feel the need to find a scapegoat  when we concede? From where I was sitting, it was a really good bit of play by them.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

If we scored that goal it’s fair to say we wouldn’t be talking about bad defending. It was a good goal

I agree..but only to a point. We contributed to making that look like a good goal. West Brom are not a great passing side, and they'd been making sloppy passes all game. But the way we retreated faster than they came at us allowed them to pass freely and without challenge - even they couldn't mess that up.. The three of us could have put together a slick passing move over 60-70 yards.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I thought we did very well. Undone by a good goal that happened to be in 90th minute 

We could’ve done better with the ball in the corner .

Not interested in blaming anyone. It’s boring and I’m tired of the same old people crying about it. 

Some of us are bored and tired of it happening. 

• Haha 1

Just seen the penalty ? ?

Even less of a penalty (perhaps even a foul to us for climbing first) than I might have imagined. Did Bentley even touch him?!

Let's just say based on luck evening itself out with ref decisions we are on for automatic promotion next season with about 20 pens.

There is zero chance absolutely zero that any ref would give us a penalty like that this season and the saddest thing is how the players management and club just seem to accept it.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Just seen the penalty ? ?

Even less of a penalty (perhaps even a foul to us for climbing first) than I might have imagined. Did Bentley even touch him?!

Let's just say based on luck evening itself out with ref decisions we are on for automatic promotion next season with about 20 pens.

There is zero chance absolutely zero that any ref would give us a penalty like that this season and the saddest thing is how the players management and club just seem to accept it.

Just watched it about 10 times and cannot work out what he has given it for, perhaps someone can let me know. Although ref was buying the diving and giving very soft free kicks all game.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just watched it about 10 times and cannot work out what he has given it for, perhaps someone can let me know. Although ref was buying the diving and giving very soft free kicks all game.

Bentley missed the ball and punched their player in the face. Unfortunate, but definitely a penalty.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Barnsley and Peterborough still have to play each other as well, plus Barnsley play Reading.

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

He was shocking, allowed their centre backs to foul Martin at every opportunity & gave them absolutely everything.

We had 2 penalty shouts but wouldn’t have been awarded one even if a defender had picked the ball up.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He was shocking, allowed their centre backs to foul Martin at every opportunity & gave them absolutely everything.

We had 2 penalty shouts but wouldn’t have been awarded one if even if a defender had picked the ball up.

He really didn't. Yes, he was picky and whistle happy but I would say the free kicks were about equal in number.

edit. Just looked and it was 16-15 to them.

Edited by The Horse With No Name
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We had 2 penalty shouts but wouldn’t have been awarded one even if a defender had picked the ball up.

Officials were awful ball went out off their player for a corner, goal kick given.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Really feel gutted for Weimann, that should of been the winner. Great finish.

That’s exactly what I said too. I thought we had done enough to win that match, and I don’t think I have said that too many times this season. 

I feel quite positive tonight though. Look at the players WBA had at their disposal and look at our team made mostly of youngsters and vastly inexperience, and we almost beat them.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Woofyourkipper said:

same old city,you cant blame the manager,its the players out there at the death,how many we conceded going to sleep in last few minutes this season

I  blame his lack of tactics in that there we were with 3 minutes of extra time to play. Now a manager with a clear brain would see those 3 minutes out by being disruptive. By that I mean use subs when extra time starts, then again a minute later. Also get the players to foul a bit when the ball is near the half way line. Again to break WBA's play. Crazy

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

I  blame his lack of tactics in that there we were with 3 minutes of extra time to play. Now a manager with a clear brain would see those 3 minutes out by being disruptive. By that I mean use subs when extra time starts, then again a minute later. Also get the players to foul a bit when the ball is near the half way line. Again to break WBA's play. Crazy

I agree with you though, unfortunately, it sounds like Neil Warnock’s tactics. He’s not liked by quite a few on the forum even though his tactics win matches 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How many stoppage time goals conceded this season? Any know?

@Davefevs you’re normally good for a stat.

I’m very much still in support of Pearson but for me this consistent failure of game management is one of his biggest and most disappointing failings to date.

It appears it’s now frowned upon to convey stats on OTIB in a spreadsheet…so sorry you’ll have to make with your own guesswork. ?

[actually I don’t track it]

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, swanker said:

Really enjoyed the game today and thought we played well. There’s not a manager in the country who could have got any more from the players available. Shame about conceding late on though. 

Initial pass for Reach’ goal was offside- confirmed by sky - Lino out of position so could not see it! Usual shit officials cost us (all 3 of them)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3