IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion at home match day thread

I would have taken a draw before the game, but it’s sickening to lose 2 points to yet another late goal. 

I thought we were dreadful for the first 20 mins and couldn’t string two passes together. Wells’ goal gave us impetus and from then on we played well and deserved the win.  

WBA were disappointing - they looked very average and created little. 

Defensively we looked more solid today and Wells had a good game. 

Loads more positives today. 

Not trying to knock Bents as he has done well since coming back in, but punching the ball (and the player got us in trouble), the penalty came from a recycled ball that Bents had punched out with 2 fists on it, if you can punch with both hands could you not have caught it, although I guess you have the chance of dropping it.

I know punching out seems to be the modern way, but personally think keepers punch too much even when they could have caught.

22 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Was out all day yesterday and so missed all details of the match, bar the score and goal times which I get on my phone. Can someone please tell me what happened to Antoine?  Subbed on 6 mins so obviously an injury, did it look bad?  Is he another we won’t see again this year?  Cheers. 

I didn’t see it as it was away from play, possibly he slipped and seemed to have hurt his knee. Last week at Blackburn in the warm up he certainly slipped and landed heavily, again it seemed to be his knee. I think he had a knee operation in the Summer so maybe things aren’t quite right, or it’s psychological?

As I said I am only guessing, maybe someone saw for certain. Several players from both sides seemed to be slipping a lot yesterday, more than usual. Don’t think that had anything to do with the rugby being played the ev3ning before though as the pitch looked pretty perfect, if wet.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RedM said:

I didn’t see it as it was away from play, possibly he slipped and seemed to have hurt his knee. Last week at Blackburn in the warm up he certainly slipped and landed heavily, again it seemed to be his knee. I think he had a knee operation in the Summer so maybe things aren’t quite right, or it’s psychological?

As I said I am only guessing, maybe someone saw for certain. Several players from both sides seemed to be slipping a lot yesterday, more than usual. Don’t think that had anything to do with the rugby being played the ev3ning before though as the pitch looked pretty perfect, if wet.

Ball got played into his feet, he was coming short, he laid it off, spun away then went down in a heap.  No tackle or anything.

C8029F1D-F8DA-4E48-92D2-E1198B188CAA.jpeg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

What about beyond 85 minutes?

Points dropped / gained due to goals (in the last five minutes + additional time of games) this season

Home to Blackpool - 2 points they equalized in the 93 minute

Home to Luton - 2 points they equalized in the 91 minute

Away to QPR + 2 points we scored in the 93 minute

Home to Forest - 3 points they scored in the 91 and 92 minutes

Away to Coventry - 1 point they scored in the 92 minute

Away to Hull + 1 point we equalized in the 91 minute

Home to QPR - 1 point they scored in the 93 minute

Home to Millwall +2 points we scored in the 85 minute

Home to Coventry - 1 point they scored in the 89 minute

Away to Blackburn + 2 points we scored in the 92 minute

Home to WBA - 0 points (both teams scored beyond 85 minutes)

10 points lost, 7 points gained, overall 3 points lost

18 hours ago, Colemanballs said:
  • Thanks 3