IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

15 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

If there’s any leadership and true ambition at the club then he should be gone in the summer and a replacement already lined up. However I expect him to limp on for a while into next season. I’m amazed how the fans have by and large stuck with him. I believe this is more to do with the language he speaks post match and little to do with results which by and large have been midling to poor.

Non-leading question - who comes in? Will they do better with this squad? How will they circumvent the financial issues we have?

Edited by RonWalker
  • Like 3

I think we're in a position where we probably have to stick with NP irrespective. Assuming he gets an opportunity to trade in the summer, bringing in what he can solely based on what goes out - what would be the point in getting rid of him after 10 games (or whatever)? The new guy inherits a squad that he almost definitely won't want, which means we end up even further backwards than we are now. 

I honestly don't think we've got much choice...

9 minutes ago, Negan said:

No not saying there was lack of effort, just stating that it’s probably in some players heads now that the season is pretty much done. They’ll obviously always go out to win but the points aren’t as crucial anymore. Players will always have more fight and grit if there’s something to play for. There is the other side to that argument where teams like us can play a bit more freely and take more chances, hopefully that’s what we see from now until May. Plus I’m really hoping Andi can hit 20 ?

I thought to be honest first 20 both sides looked like they were on their hols. Much better from us today, would have taken a point at 80 gone, really disappointed we did not win, makes no difference really.

Edited by cityexile

17 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If the ref does his job and gives us a nailed on penalty these threads don’t emerge. By all means be pissed off with another last minute goal conceded, but ffs don’t call for the manager to go on the back of that performance. 

It was also very clearly our throw just after Martin & Wells were keeping the ball in the corner, too.

The ref was desperate to give them everything all game, should have done a little better after that but small margins.

I thought we played well today & looked more secure defensively than for some while.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If the ref does his job and gives us a nailed on penalty these threads don’t emerge. By all means be pissed off with another last minute goal conceded, but ffs don’t call for the manager to go on the back of that performance. 

What nailed on penalty?

17 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

If there’s any leadership and true ambition at the club then he should be gone in the summer and a replacement already lined up. However I expect him to limp on for a while into next season. I’m amazed how the fans have by and large stuck with him. I believe this is more to do with the language he speaks post match and little to do with results which by and large have been midling to poor.

I think he remains the right person for the job at hand. Half the issue is that player / depth strength doesn’t allow him to play in the formation and style he wants to, recruitment is key as is managing to keep key individuals fit.

Pearson seems to appreciate and accept the cash flow situation, attracting a new manager when we’ve got f’all in the pot would be challenging. 

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Ah, the questions that none of the people screaming for Pearson to go can ever answer.

Is that how it is? I haven't read much of OTIB for a while. Always difficult to balance where you are against where you theoretically should be, and if there is a convincing argument as to why Pearson should be replaced then... Well, why not. But as you say, much easier to say than to justify.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

26 transfer windows for Johnson is fine. 2 for Pearson and we’ve had enough. 

Pearsons had COVID without fans and a club that's 30 million in debt and Johnson he had Christmas presents under the tree from grandad lansdown.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hmm. You confused emojiied me saying about watching Carlton Morris of Barnsley.

Lets chat about that one first?

I tipped my hat to you on that (he has still only scored 6, though) but completely baffled why you think my post was funny?

The season has had some stop start moments with Pearson’s health. The board stood by him then, there’ll be a chance to clear some more players out - Palmer, Wells & O’Dowda will def be off & hopefully bring in some savvy replacements. I think the Lansdown’s will be delighted to stay in the Championship, remember the chat when it was looking a bit brown pants time from Gould saying their Summer targets may need to be brought forward in Jan… Results improved & we are safe so will be interesting to see who these targets are & that will probably gauge the expectation of next Season & probably the opinion of fans as we know he’s working with what he’s got & see what the team looks like on the first game of next season, could be a big overhaul. 

3 minutes ago, Nugget said:

The season has had some stop start moments with Pearson’s health. The board stood by him then, there’ll be a chance to clear some more players out - Palmer, Wells & O’Dowda will def be off & hopefully bring in some savvy replacements. I think the Lansdown’s will be delighted to stay in the Championship, remember the chat when it was looking a bit brown pants time from Gould saying their Summer targets may need to be brought forward in Jan… Results improved & we are safe so will be interesting to see who these targets are & that will probably gauge the expectation of next Season & probably the opinion of fans as we know he’s working with what he’s got & see what the team looks like on the first game of next season, could be a big overhaul. 

I’d love to know who is going to buy Wells and Palmer. COD is deffo off.

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He can have the full length of his contract and then some more from me. If we lose a few bedwetting supporters along the way, so much the better. 

What makes you so confident in him? I’m not saying you are wrong or that i have any idea who would do a better job. Just why the blind optimism?

23 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

Non-leading question - who comes in? Will they do better with this squad? How will they circumvent the financial issues we have?

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Ah, the questions that none of the people screaming for Pearson to go can ever answer.

Someone with a proven track record and experi..... wait 

Edited by Sturny
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveInSA said:

I’d love to know who is going to buy Wells and Palmer. COD is deffo off.

I could see someone offering us a small amount for Wells, he might not be everyone’s cup of tea but when he gets a chance (like today), he’s effective.

Agree re Palmer, total waste of everyone’s time.

• Like 2