IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

2 hours ago, TomF said:

The summer and 10 games into next season I’d say. If we don’t see improvement by then I think his position starts to become unattainable  

The only trouble with this approach is IF it goes pear shaped at the start of next season a new manager will have NP's summer transfer in's and out's to work with. The Jan window is usually rubbish so it won't be until the start of the following season you see the new manager's team.

Another thought is if those thoughts are in SL mind then he might be reluctant to back NP in the summer transfer market.

8 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

The only trouble with this approach is IF it goes pear shaped at the start of next season a new manager will have NP's summer transfer in's and out's to work with. The Jan window is usually rubbish so it won't be until the start of the following season you see the new manager's team.

Another thought is if those thoughts are in SL mind then he might be reluctant to back NP in the summer transfer market.

So what’s the answer? Sack NP, pay off his contract and appoint a new man. 

Welcome to Bristol City, you haven’t got a penny to spend, but the OTIB brigade insist that you make a silk purse out of a sows ear…

Good luck. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep.  People can choose to put their slant / bias on the transfer receipts as a reason to defend the previous regime…but ultimately we lost over £40m, even with those transfers….and left a big mess for Holden initially, then Pearson to take over.  Holden hampered by Ashton too.

The facts are there, people ignore them.

Exactly! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

SLs backing will be a direct factor of sales. FFP guarantees that. If anyone thinks SL will want to take money from the sales, that have to take place, don’t understand how much a couple of billion sterling actually is. 

it’s a matter of who. HNM is the obvious one. However Scott is worth the most but Semenyo is not far behind. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bit shocked to see this as the first thread on 3 pages when I came in tonight…and some of the comments…wow.

But having read a couple of pages of the MFT at h-t, I’m not surprised.

Firstly I wonder how many posters were actually at AG today and saw the impact the wind had on the game?  Was blowing a gale, swirling around. But the posts about Wells when he came on, prove agendas.  Some aren’t really prepared to base their opinions on what actually goes on.

The worst of OTIB. ??‍♂️

Were you there? Go to the least amount of games out of most poster yet you with one of the loudest voices. ?

• Confused 8

I think there’s more chance of him chucking in the towel honestly and taking a walk than being shown the door.

We need to persevere as today was for long periods about as good as we’ve had it all season, despite the hammer blow of conceding the umpteenth stoppage time goal of the campaign.

His post-match remarks, however, seriously got my hackles up: “It’s the same players making the same mistakes.”

So stop selecting them then.

• Hmmm 1

Just now, billywedlock said:

Did you not see the bench today ? Who do you think he should pick ? The Under-18's ? 

I don’t think he’s right, but if he truly believes the players he’s picking are costing us time and again then yes, he should take a gamble on their understudies.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

A bit of common sense from the bench and we could have see the game out . 1 min of injury time left and we still had two subs to bring on . Who in their right mind doesn’t use that to eek out that last  60 seconds ? 

Trouble is mate if he does that and we concede its still his fault. 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

A bit of common sense from the bench and we could have see the game out . 1 min of injury time left and we still had two subs to bring on . Who in their right mind doesn’t use that to eek out that last  60 seconds ? 

I've never quite understood this.  I can understand that putting a sub on breaks up play and momentum.  It's not going to run down the clock though and the ref will just add the equivalent time on, and if anything add on extra time.  Surely it just risks putting a player on who is not up to speed with the game? Putting on a striker, or an extra defender makes sense, but I have never seen the point of putting on a sub for the sake of it.

Edited by bbew
  • Like 1

Refs add on 30 seconds per sub.

Makes no difference at all, just breaks up play.

After a very decent and organised performance it totally amazed me when we didn't bring Vyner on as a "screen" for Wells when we had the free kick by their corner flag at the end. like you say wasting valuable seconds and breaking momentum

Not just me either, at least 2 others around me were shouting the same.

Such a shame after looking a very solid mid-table Championship team for 90 minutes.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Well if you were there I can only assume you spent 90 minutes doing the Poznań?

**** knows what that is. I watched us bottle 3 points again though. Waiting for davefevs to crunch some numbers and say how we were unlucky. Matter of fact, why doesn’t Numero Uno contribute to the conversation? I bet it has been a hell of a season for the mighty BCFC hey? Clown

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I don’t think he’s right, but if he truly believes the players he’s picking are costing us time and again then yes, he should take a gamble on their understudies.

What absolute shit. Look at our bench today. People slagged of O’Leary, Vyner is shit and will be gone in the summer, Bell got hanged the last time he played, Conway hasn’t played all season, Benarous maybe if played wide, and Owers would’ve been a debutant. Wells — the only experienced played we had on the bench by the way — made an impact. It wouldn’t be much of gamble, we’d have been slaughtered in all probability in which case NP would still get hammered. 

We got a good point today, which as disappointing as the late goal was, was probably a fair reflection against a side with a bigger budget and genuine promotion aspirations.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

**** knows what that is. I watched us bottle 3 points again though. Waiting for davefevs to crunch some numbers and say how we were unlucky. Matter of fact, why doesn’t Numero Uno contribute to the conversation? I bet it has been a hell of a season for the mighty BCFC hey? Clown

It doesn’t surprise me you don’t know what the Poznan is. You know **** all.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tin said:

What absolute shit. Look at our bench today. People slagged of O’Leary, Vyner is shit and will be gone in the summer, Bell got hanged the last time he played, Conway hasn’t played all season, Benarous maybe if played wide, and Owers would’ve been a debutant. Wells — the only experienced played we had on the bench by the way — made an impact. It wouldn’t be much of gamble, we’d have been slaughtered in all probability in which case NP would still get hammered. 

We got a good point today, which as disappointing as the late goal was, was probably a fair reflection against a side with a bigger budget and genuine promotion aspirations.

Pearson picks the bench. Has all but cast Nakhi Wells off yet he comes on today and looks our best forward. 

If you said before the game, draw. Yea good point. If you say we are 2-1 up with 5 min to go a point is ******* woeful. Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig. We are shit and have gotten worse as the season has progressed. Pearson is a dinosaur and the longer he is here the more of a hole we dig ourselves

• Haha 3

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I know you wouldn’t tell me that to me face to face you melt. ******* keyboard warriors. Oh davefevs let me protect your honour. Pussy

What the hell are you going on about? Yeah, we’re all petrified of you cos you talk like Danny Dyer. Yeah, shitting ourselves.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Ah, the questions that none of the people screaming for Pearson to go can ever answer.

STEVE COTTERILL sacked before his time by K Dawe after saying "he has the capacity to be a prem manager" on 14/1/16 he was also backed by a certain SL who said (according to wiki) " The man to take us forward"  after which he made some really great choices to better SC..........take your pick..............from everyone since then.

He got us back in this div and we sh1te on him 2minutes later....NR is this an answer? 

Just now, gl2 said:

STEVE COTTERILL sacked before his time by K Dawe after saying "he has the capacity to be a prem manager" on 14/1/16 he was also backed by a certain SL who said (according to wiki) " The man to take us forward"  after which he made some really great choices to better SC..........take your pick..............from everyone since then.

He got us back in this div and we sh1te on him 2minutes later....NR is this an answer? 

What’s Steve Cotterill doing these days? No disrespect intended.

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pearson picks the bench. Has all but cast Nakhi Wells off yet he comes on today and looks our best forward. 

If you said before the game, draw. Yea good point. If you say we are 2-1 up with 5 min to go a point is ******* woeful. Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig. We are shit and have gotten worse as the season has progressed. Pearson is a dinosaur and the longer he is here the more of a hole we dig ourselves

You’re usually a pretty reasonable poster, but you’re spouting shit here. What alternatives to Owers, Conway or Bell were there today? None. If you think today was shit, you don’t have a clue. 

• Like 2

Just now, gl2 said:

He got us back in this div and we sh1te on him 2minutes later....NR is this an answer?  by the way dont expect you agree but NP will be given more time in this div than SC was and he got us here.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

What the hell are you going on about? Yeah, we’re all petrified of you cos you talk like Danny Dyer. Yeah, shitting ourselves.

Who is danny dyer? Not a clown so not sure. But big man numero uno here to protect davefevs virginity. More like numero cien. That is 100 for the uneducated

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Who is danny dyer? Not a clown so not sure. But big man numero uno here to protect davefevs virginity. More like numero cien. That is 100 for the uneducated

I’m not protecting any poster, haven’t mentioned any poster. We are all disappointed with letting in a last second goal today but calling people clowns, melts, pussies etc. shows that you don’t have the maturity to get it out of your system. Why don’t you phone a mate and go and get pissed or something? Or would you end up sparking your mate out in a huff, what with being the forum hard man and all that…..

• Like 1