IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

2 minutes ago, gl2 said:

both Dawe and SL said SC  will be a prem manager and  then sacked him, then, well see the last years since that great choice of sacking him ? 

Now we have a manager  who has done what exactly since 2015 apart from been tried at quite a few clubs and failed.

That last sentence is always in my head. I struggle to get my head around the “great track record” line that gets dished out. 

• Like 1

Just now, GTFABM said:

That last sentence is always in my head. I struggle to get my head around the “great track record” line that gets dished out. 

What people underestimate imo is that we are in such a shit state that nobody with a good track record and no up and coming manager would touch us with a barge pole.

I think this thread shows how frustrated we've become as Bristol City supporters.

Most genuine fans realise that the current managers position is tough, but even the most ardent Nige followers must admit that his 12 months have been underwhelming.

Nobody knows how the next 12 months will pan out but i fear it won't get a whole lot better. The sad thing is that clubs like Luton, Preston, Millwall and Coventry continue to punch above their weight while we seem to be constantly treading water.

As for Cotterill, i think he's doing a decent job at a small club in a big pond... but thats a discussion for another day!

• Like 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

What people underestimate imo is that we are in such a shit state that nobody with a good track record and no up and coming manager would touch us with a barge pole.

so we go with a has been

8 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Right I’m flexed warmed up and ready . I don’t mind who it is but I’m desperate for online fisty cuffs. Anyone?

Go on then. What’s the form here….

Meet me round the back of the East End…?

See me in the Lions Saturday…?

You’re  a bumble headed nincompoop…?

Come on pie crust, show us your spreadsheet ?

Edited by glynriley
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gl2 said:

both Dawe and SL said SC  will be a prem manager and  then sacked him, then, well see the last years since that great choice of sacking him ? 

Now we have a manager  who has done what exactly since 2015 apart from been tried at quite a few clubs and failed.

Since 2015 he has a record of -

42 wins

34 draws

70 loses

I think, may need a bit of spreadsheet help ?

8 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Agreed - top prem manager 

Just now, gl2 said:

so we go with a has been

That’s one way of putting it. Another way is we’ve gone with an experienced old head who is prepared to take the time required to get the club on a proper footing, something we’ve rarely had since Lansdown bought his own plaything and **** the rest of us.

The problem is that doing it Pearson’s way is hard work for us fans, that’s not up for debate. As others have said, it might not even be Pearson that reaps the rewards, remember when yer man Cotterill replaced SOD?

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

People say pearson has though? 

See my reply to @gl2……

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Pearson used his barge pole on us and he has a superior record according to many.

Perhaps Holloway, after all he got a team promoted to the Premier League years ago.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

A "has been" who's a full 11 months older than the man you think should be managing us?

So NP since 2015 sacked by 4 clubs, is a good choice to stick on a long term contract then? or maybe he was one of a few who were out of a job/would come here; just because Seb Coe was a great athlete once doesnt mean he is now.

9 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I think this thread shows how frustrated we've become as Bristol City supporters.

Most genuine fans realise that the current managers position is tough, but even the most ardent Nige followers must admit that his 12 months have been underwhelming.

Nobody knows how the next 12 months will pan out but i fear it won't get a whole lot better. The sad thing is that clubs like Luton, Preston, Millwall and Coventry continue to punch above their weight while we seem to be constantly treading water.

As for Cotterill, i think he's doing a decent job at a small club in a big pond... but thats a discussion for another day!

This season has turned out exactly how most people on here predicted. Stay up was the priority- I’d say 80% would have been happy with that considering the circumstances. Should be even more since the financial figures were released.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, gl2 said:

So NP since 2015 sacked by 4 clubs, is a good choice to stick on a long term contract then? or maybe he was one of a few who were out of a job/would come here; just because Seb Coe was a great athlete once doesnt mean he is now.

I honestly believe that if we sacked Pearson tomorrow the line up to replace him would be worse than many people imagine. My guess is we’d end up with Mike Flynn or Curtis Fleming……..,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s one way of putting it. Another way is we’ve gone with an experienced old head who is prepared to take the time required to get the club on a proper footing, something we’ve rarely had since Lansdown bought his own plaything and **** the rest of us.

The problem is that doing it Pearson’s way is hard work for us fans, that’s not up for debate. As others have said, it might not even be Pearson that reaps the rewards, remember when yer man Cotterill replaced SOD?

See my reply to @gl2……

On a serious note- I've said in other posts that Nige  a)accepted a poison chalice b) has clearly done some good

However, I remain of the opinion that he should go at the season's end. He's presided over an unacceptable set of results in 1 1/2 seasons and can't win a back to back game . Which is pitiful. Maybe he is just very unlucky.

Absolutely no one on here can change my opinion- there is only one person that can and that's Nigel himself 

• Like 1

A bizarre thread title after a good result and spirited performance today.

I think 3 year plan in some ways was optimistic. It wouldn't surprise me if next season has similarities to this season although from Barnsley at home to present the home form has been much improved. That's a useful foundation.

Then...

fit

Tanner, Atkinson, Williams, Scott, Semenyo.

All of them have room to grow, age wise. DaSilva, Pring, Benarous too but these players haven't missed much this season, unlike a few of the above.

Also might depend on how many of Massengo, Scott, Semenyo we can retain and if one has to go, how much of the fee can we safely give NP on wages and fees while remaining within FFP.

Lots of variables but why today would provoke that reaction is a bit unusual.

• Like 4

Todays draw was not down to NP - once again it was the EFL and their ****king useless officials! In extra time the initial pass into the box was offside, confirmed by the Sky/Quest replay! Let’s not get into the debate about the pens we should have got!

Todays result was robbery! - BIG team favoured from kick off!

I would question Martins extension though! 24 minutes before he touched the ball today! Countless punts up to him and he failed to connect with any of them up to that time!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A bizarre thread title after a good result and spirited performance today.

I think 3 year plan in some ways was optimistic. It wouldn't surprise me if next season has similarities to this season although from Barnsley at home to present the home form has been much improved. That's a useful foundation.

Then...

fit

Tanner, Atkinson, Williams, Scott, Semenyo.

All of them have room to grow, age wise. DaSilva, Pring, Benarous too but these players haven't missed much this season, unlike a few of the above.

Also might depend on how many of Massengo, Scott, Semenyo we can retain and if one has to go, how much of the fee can we safely give NP on wages and fees while remaining within FFP.

Lots of variables but why today would provoke that reaction is a bit unusual.

You would still get the same defense of pearson from the same people after the utter s**t show of barnsley away. 

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

So what’s the answer? Sack NP, pay off his contract and appoint a new man. 

Welcome to Bristol City, you haven’t got a penny to spend, but the OTIB brigade insist that you make a silk purse out of a sows ear…

Good luck. 

Sorry I've not been very clear. 

Saying give any manager the first 10 games of next season is almost saying you don't believe he is the right manager and his days are numbered. I think you either sack before the summer so a new man has pre season and a chance to shape the team or have faith and back the manager without a 10 game deadline. 

I think the keep NP but see what its like after 10 games next season is like saying I don't want to sack the manager yet.

• Like 1