IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Massengo clearly doesn’t want to be here you can tell by his recent attitude,hope he doesn’t get the abuse fammy did

If he shows the same poor application as fam did last few months he’ll more than deserve it

• Like 5

This thread re started. What it is people don’t understand about a 3 year deal, with the remit of bringing through players for the future, from our academy and selling to buy, as we can not do much else due to FFP….I simply don’t understand! 

We will be stronger next season with players with experience!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

This thread re started. What it is people don’t understand about a 3 year deal, with the remit of bringing through players for the future, from our academy and selling to buy, as we can not do much else due to FFP….I simply don’t understand! 

Let's hope so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

18th and 15 points clear is hardly “the skin of our teeth”.

Let's see at the end of the season, shall we?

Let's also add the deducted points then to see where the results based table stands and the position without external factors.

In any event- no progress and a second Pearson season where many can't wait for the end. Maybe you and others see a very different landscape a bit like the Monty Python Black Knight sketch or perhaps The Emperor's new clothes?

25 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Given everything else you state how do you work the highlighted section? And, what was the requirement- merely staying up by the skin of our teeth or progress?

I’d personally get rid, but I do concede staying up was the general consensus going into the season. I was hoping for much more progress in performances though. Just not sure how the season will be looked at from the viewpoint of the Lansdowns. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Massengo clearly doesn’t want to be here you can tell by his recent attitude,hope he doesn’t get the abuse fammy did

Thought he played well (in context) today when he came on, got us playing, nipped into challenges etc.  I didn’t see any outside influences in his game play today.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he played well (in context) today when he came on, got us playing, nipped into challenges etc.  I didn’t see any outside influences in his game play today.

A brilliant 'horizontal' block from a certain goal too. Thought he did well for the last half hour in a busy midfield, adding bite and drive to a transformed City that had clearly drunk from the well of positivity. More of the same please Han.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Its the players witth experience, weimann aside who arent really doing it for us, including the leicester has beens who were brought in to keep us steady.

the answer is obviously that we will Sell anyone who we get a decent offer for, but we are screwed.

Although it’s been a disappointing season I don’t blame Pearson. The way the club had been run in recent years is like dry rot in a house. The rot spreads but everything seems to be ok until it’s discovered. Then everyone realises the house is falling down. Pearson has inherited it mishmash of players, high salaries  and little money to put it right. He may not be the Messiah (and I’ve seen a few) but he’s the best we’re going to get to put it right 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I would give Pearson a new contract for 5 years . To carry on the restructuring and reset of the club . Working with youth and a substantially reduced wage bill . He has performed amazingly well . In the past the club got relegated when repeating the pay over the odds for poor players strategy . Clearing up the inept LJ and Ashton £38 m black hole was always going to be tough. That we now have players who have saleable value is exceptional .

Best man for the job by a long stretch , new contract , then no need for this thread . 

looking forward to finally moving to a back 4 next season . That will change a lot . 

Really?

• Like 1

As much as it’s disappointing watching us at the moment (and I’m not comparing their managerial skills) but SAF was one game away from being sacked, having to transform a team blowing money away and working with youth. 
As I said not comparing like for like on management skills, but sometimes you go through the rough using youth, for the youth to finally click and kick on. 
However the main difference is FFP that stops us bringing in those 3 or 4 experienced pros to guide the youth. 
What we need is these fringe experienced players we’ve currently got to pull their heads out their arses and step up a bit. Actually thought Wells was more trying today than he’s previously been. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Its the players witth experience, weimann aside who arent really doing it for us, including the leicester has beens who were brought in to keep us steady.

the answer is obviously that we will Sell anyone who we get a decent offer for, but we are screwed.

I don’t think we are screwed. James was the only Leicester has been out there today I remember, so i guess you are referring to him, yes the midfield and control was and is an issue. Today Atkinson, Cundy, Scott all started and our bench was among the most inexperienced i have ever seen…No Kalas no Baker or Williams…..The list is endlesss. We are bringing through kids at a rate not seen since Alan Dicks a point not lost on anyone over 55.

• Like 5

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I didn't see the game, but I was responding to the comment about his recent attitude

I’ve watched every game of late (either at AG or Robinstv) and although you can question his form (it’s been up and down) I wouldn’t question his attitude one bit.  Think it might’ve been the Forest game where he looked really heavy legged, but that’s very different.  But everyone will have their opinion.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not so sure,ran about a bit and put a few half hearted challenges in when he came on,I get he’s young and a OTIB favourite but cmon 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not so sure,ran about a bit and put a few half hearted challenges in when he came on,I get he’s young and a OTIB favourite but cmon 

No, that’s what I saw, we failed to string any passes together until his arrival onto the pitch.  I thought he was part of the reason we did better in the final 25-30 mins.  

In context, Alex Scott had a poor game today (finished better at RWB / RB).

I post as I see….No favouritism.

• Like 3

Just now, Davefevs said:

No, that’s what I saw, we failed to string any passes together until his arrival onto the pitch.  I thought he was part of the reason we did better in the final 25-30 mins.  

In context, Alex Scott had a poor game today (finished better at RWB / RB).

I post as I see….No favouritism.

Then we will have to agree to disagree,no problem with that that’s what makes this forum great,your wrong tho ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bris red said:

I’ve said this a million times before but Pearson (or somebody of his stature) should have been brought in after the 18/19 season.

Instead we allowed dumb and dumber a blank cheque book and we now find ourselves in the mess that we are now with no money expecting miracles to be worked by Pearson with a squad that is absolutely pony. 

Pearson needs time and money, I genuinely don’t think any other manager (that we could realistically attract) could do any better with this squad and the financial straight jacket that he has to work with. It’s a pretty dire situation that Lansdown his boy and the rest of the board have allowed to happen. 

I think the one thing I would say is we could probably have got a manager in in February 2021 whose footballing and coaching style was a better fit with the players we had then and who would have been better placed to immediate results. The trade off would have been that we would have been struggling through treading water and not implementing sweeping changes that were needed rather than struggling through trying to totally overhaul the club on a very limited budget.

However - having decided to get Pearson in and trying to get him to rebuild the club - I think it would be foolish and self defeating to get rid of him in the middle of that rebuild just because rebuilds take time and resource. 

I do not think for a minute Pearson was the right manager for the players and set up we had last season, or indeed the right manager for most of the players or set up we have at the moment. But - if we were happy with the players and set up we had last season - we wouldn’t have given Pearson the job.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

The one disappointing element of Pearson's time with us is he inability to sure up our defence. 

He is an ex defender so that is really poor. 

OK he has average players to deal with but a quality manager would concentrate on that aspect of the team and coach those average players better. 

Plus he has signed a few players.

At the moment, I'd rather we scored less but stopped ****ing conceding so many! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d personally get rid, but I do concede staying up was the general consensus going into the season. I was hoping for much more progress in performances though. Just not sure how the season will be looked at from the viewpoint of the Lansdowns. 

Agree with this totally.