IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

7 hours ago, real_bristol said:

I think Pearson has done ok. Maybe a little lower than what we expected but I don’t think we should be looking elsewhere until the fall at the earliest. He is also not the sort of character we should be undermining with a DoF either. I get the impression the board are trying something new with Pearson, giving him more control of the stuff Ashton kept for himself. It also seems clear to me that JL was proved right over the DH appointment and so what if he went AWOL for a bit because Ashton probably made him nauseous like the rest of us. 

I can’t go to the games but I’ve watched at least 90% this season on Robins TV. I’ve seen a huge improvement in our performance overall in particular against the stronger teams where we no longer give up or look like an embarrassment. The way I assessed today’s game was to wonder what it would have been like under LJ or DH after going 3-1 down.

Not gonna lie, I’m excited for next season under Pearson. I judge him on what he’s achieved with the likes of Cundy, HNM, Semenyo, Weimann, Martin even, Atkinson, Bentley, Dasilva…. Even if we lose one of the three of SMS, I’m still optimistic. When was the last time we gave a “big name” manager a decent amount of time to make the club his own. Let’s also not forget he wanted 3 seasons. 

Nige for me is like the Sean O’Driscoll that we all wanted but never got. He’s giving the kids a chance but is in danger of being a victim of his own transition.  For me it would be a step backwards to part company with him now.

The fall?

I bet if we'd kept Hunt and Lansbury the same people would be saying "I said they were past their best, mad decision by Pearson to keep them, what happened to his supposed contacts? Loads of good frees around like Simpson, King, James... surely he could have attracted some of his old Leicester squad to help us out? They probably know he's failing and didn't want to be associated with him again." or some bollocks like that.

• Like 10
  • Flames 4

13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I bet if we'd kept Hunt and Lansbury the same people would be saying "I said they were past their best, mad decision by Pearson to keep them, what happened to his supposed contacts? Loads of good frees around like Simpson, King, James... surely he could have attracted some of his old Leicester squad to help us out? They probably know he's failing and didn't want to be associated with him again." or some bollocks like that.

Probably but you don't know that, it's not fact.

Just your opinion.

Edited by Waconda

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

He has been a bit part player at Luton.

Out of interest, as City are often compared to Luton.

Heres a useful graphic I just found on Transfermarkt.

E6CC3269-DA8F-42AF-A1C7-FEE35A7C7845.thumb.jpeg.4753ea9bd20d7bd33e882f2156e98fbd.jpeg

Luton not got any players u21 in their 26 man squad.  FWIW, Lansbury has started 15 / subbed on 14.

ECFBA8A2-AF96-41EB-BB0F-CB848B6F0642.thumb.jpeg.6dde96ccb4b89446f633bc468ad7843b.jpeg

City’s 24 man squad includes 4 u21s.  Doesn’t include Conway, Bell…assume it is based on minutes played.

Heres the minutes of the u21s for each team.

D88B28D7-7DF2-488E-987E-0436B1771705.jpeg.b358541ef3d258234d1266672f8e621f.jpeg

292E6473-B14A-4BAE-89A6-6F4757A21CA0.thumb.jpeg.eeb556b16e86f2c1969642eb1629aef8.jpeg

Just thought it was interesting to compare one v the other.  Over 5k minutes played by our u21s….just 159 by Luton’s.

Luton have got recruitment spot-on with Harford, Chapple and Socik.  It is what we must aspire to, to get ourselves back on track.

2 hours ago, Waconda said:

Apologies for having a differing opinion to you.

Please put me on ignore.

I will do the same to you.

You have looked at Lansburys stats for this season haven't you?  Half the games played, used as a sub quite a bit he's cover he will get released if they get promoted possibly replaced if they don't.

9 hours ago, MarcusX said:

But the deductions are there, you play to what’s actually happening / happened not theoretical situations. No guarantee that Derby perform as well without the deduction - it may have helped galvanise the squad, us against the world mentality

'Us against the world' - not something we've seen from any NP team- no passion , no putting bodies on the line, no pride in the shirt ( other than in glimpses and exceptions to the rule).

Deductions of points are real as far as the table goes but also help mask the real position of where we really are in terms of progress. As for Derby - perhaps this is more about the Manager, the same cant be said for Reading.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

'Us against the world' - not something we've seen from any NP team- no passion , no putting bodies on the line, no pride in the shirt ( other than in glimpses and exceptions to the rule).

Deductions of points are real as far as the table goes but also help mask the real position of where we really are in terms of progress. As for Derby - perhaps this is more about the Manager, the same cant be said for Reading.

Weren't the points deducted though as they unfairly increased the quality of their squads by breaking rules we're expected to follow? If so, why would you want to add the points back on when comparing?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Weren't the points deducted though as they unfairly increased the quality of their squads by breaking rules we're expected to follow? If so, why would you want to add the points back on when comparing?

Easier to moan about us then?

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Eastred said:

Would you be happy being a Forest fan who have managed to improve significantly with loans?

I guess the point I’m point I’m making is to highlight a perceived stubbornness about Pearson. Not wanting to deal with agents or use loan players doesn’t seem to be particularly open minded 

And loans are Free right? We are on the verge of an FFP deduction if we don’t sell in the next window and that may still happen.  I don’t know what Forests books look like but I will guess about as tidy as ours (he said ironically)

I guess Pearson  would say I’ve been doing this thirty years! This is what works in the long term and anyway this is the mandate I’ve been given.

The fact is we have given Massengo Atkinson Scott Cundy Benerous Pring et al game time that adds significantly to their value. Good luck to Forest but if they don’t make it they will just keep on spending the way Ashton did!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Absolutely this, Hunt was on circa £14k a week too, I’m probably in the minority who thought he was ok, & with the benefit of hindsight he has suddenly become another Bradley Orr but these sums simply weren’t sustainable.

There would have been an outcry on here if Pearson had kept Lansbury (FWIW I thought he was right to let him go) yet released Liam Walsh, who has done absolutely nothing this season at Swansea or Hull, by the way, one Pearson (not OTIB) got spot on.

I laugh at this “he has to get it right this summer” stuff, our recruitment team look poor & we have absolutely no money but apparently it is make or break if he doesn’t find 3 or 4 gems.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely this, Hunt was on circa £14k a week too, I’m probably in the minority who thought he was ok, & with the benefit of hindsight he has suddenly become another Bradley Orr but these sums simply weren’t sustainable.

There would have been an outcry on here if Pearson had kept Lansbury (FWIW I thought he was right to let him go) yet released Liam Walsh, who has done absolutely nothing this season at Swansea or Hull, by the way, one Pearson (not OTIB) got spot on.

I laugh at this “he has to get it right this summer” stuff, our recruitment team look poor & we have absolutely no money but apparently it is make or break if he doesn’t find 3 or 4 gems.

Walsh leaving was nothing to do with Pearson, he left on his own terms and was never going to sign a contract, decision pre dating Pearson.

So no blame can be attached to NP for Walsh.

Swapping Hunt and Lansbury for Simpson, King and James I do have an issue with.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Wasn't Hunt ooc, and Lansbury only here on a short term deal?

Yes indeed, quite possibly wanted out anyway.

But as the option we took was to replace that "dead wood" with more "dead wood" we could have had a go at keeping them, possibly, perhaps we did.

Academic now.

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

To be fair the deducted points of others is academic.

Just an embarrassing shame it is even a conversation re our club tbf.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, as City are often compared to Luton.

Heres a useful graphic I just found on Transfermarkt.

E6CC3269-DA8F-42AF-A1C7-FEE35A7C7845.thumb.jpeg.4753ea9bd20d7bd33e882f2156e98fbd.jpeg

Luton not got any players u21 in their 26 man squad.  FWIW, Lansbury has started 15 / subbed on 14.

ECFBA8A2-AF96-41EB-BB0F-CB848B6F0642.thumb.jpeg.6dde96ccb4b89446f633bc468ad7843b.jpeg

City’s 24 man squad includes 4 u21s.  Doesn’t include Conway, Bell…assume it is based on minutes played.

Heres the minutes of the u21s for each team.

D88B28D7-7DF2-488E-987E-0436B1771705.jpeg.b358541ef3d258234d1266672f8e621f.jpeg

292E6473-B14A-4BAE-89A6-6F4757A21CA0.thumb.jpeg.eeb556b16e86f2c1969642eb1629aef8.jpeg

Just thought it was interesting to compare one v the other.  Over 5k minutes played by our u21s….just 159 by Luton’s.

Luton have got recruitment spot-on with Harford, Chapple and Socik.  It is what we must aspire to, to get ourselves back on track.

You surely are not suggesting that Luton have a better squad than us ?

I think with the results you can see why some posters are not happy overall, ideally we would be doing better, and if fully fit + at best form the team is capable of being better.  I won't go into detail here as I have done that in previous posts, but i think the inconsistency in individual performances is lack of experienced we have a lot of young players and players without championship experience. I think all of them will be more consistent next season because of the experiences gained this season.  

What I to put here is a clip from The Overlap (worth watching these - Prem focused but lets fans have a voice too), it's Carragher talking about Arteta at arsenal, for proper context he is referring to when things weren't going well and why fans were still behind the manager. I thought he articulated how I think a lot of us feel as city fans right now + might help posters less enamored by NP ( @Waconda etc.) to get where some of us are coming from. The link should be to the correct part of the video, but in not then from 40:41.

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

I think with the results you can see why some posters are not happy overall, ideally we would be doing better, and if fully fit + at best form the team is capable of being better.  I won't go into detail here as I have done that in previous posts, but i think the inconsistency in individual performances is lack of experienced we have a lot of young players and players without championship experience. I think all of them will be more consistent next season because of the experiences gained this season.  

What I to put here is a clip from The Overlap (worth watching these - Prem focused but lets fans have a voice too), it's Carragher talking about Arteta at arsenal, for proper context he is referring to when things weren't going well and why fans were still behind the manager. I thought he articulated how I think a lot of us feel as city fans right now + might help posters less enamored by NP ( @Waconda etc.) to get where some of us are coming from. The link should be to the correct part of the video, but in not then from 40:41.

Interesting, thanks.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

And loans are Free right? We are on the verge of an FFP deduction if we don’t sell in the next window and that may still happen.  I don’t know what Forests books look like but I will guess about as tidy as ours (he said ironically)

I guess Pearson  would say I’ve been doing this thirty years! This is what works in the long term and anyway this is the mandate I’ve been given.

The fact is we have given Massengo Atkinson Scott Cundy Benerous Pring et al game time that adds significantly to their value. Good luck to Forest but if they don’t make it they will just keep on spending the way Ashton did!

image.thumb.jpeg.9d60ef302b2bef685c38c67b5f050bb8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c465550b7cd113b34b06eb10f626ff3a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.35021e607b8d5d395667d1722cf5f0f3.jpeg
image.thumb.png.9ad599d1cb0fdcfb1dc0fd64a67fa7f0.png

Forest in worse position than us and another £20m loss this season would see them bust ffp for this season. We have no such issues this season. Much depends on whether their covid allowances are accepted or not  

They can of course sell Brennan Johnson. 

6 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Well that certainly makes things clear.

All makes sense now.

It does doesn’t it. Team in 4th vs team in 18th, 20 points between them.

You gonna tell me you think City’s squad is better?

no wonder you put everything negative down to Pearson. All clear now. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I'm by no means in the Pearson out camp, but I do doubt that Luton's squad should be 20 points better than ours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep our squad is better than Lutons, ask any professional coach.

The difference in performance and points gained is virtually all down to the coaching, training, tactics, man management, team selection.

Less cyber world football fanalyst and more "real world" football study.