IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Oh we are.  The quality of our squad for the wasted cost far outweighs those clubs.  

I'm sorry Dave, but i don't believe for one minute that our squad (on paper) is any worse than the clubs i mentioned.

Forget about finances for a moment and judge our progress by the players available to the manager at each of those clubs and we are sadly lagging behind in terms of performances on the pitch.

As i have said before, i am happy to stick with Nige, but lets not sugar coat how poor this season has been.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Who really thinks we have improved under NP in the past year? we have regressed even more than even under the Johnsons and Dean i.mo. Before that ??? who exactly is selecting these managers ffs. The futures bright....yeah right. ?

Yep, we’ve regressed.  As has the squad available to select from. As has the cost of that squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I'm sorry Dave, but i don't believe for one minute that our squad (on paper) is any worse than the clubs i mentioned.

Forget about finances for a moment and judge our progress by the players available to the manager at each of those clubs and we are sadly lagging behind in terms of performances on the pitch.

As i have said before, i am happy to stick with Nige, but lets not sugar coat how poor this season has been.

I think all of those have “better” squads, better balanced squads, deeper squads, etc.  in some cases it’s marginal admittedly.  All about opinions though.

This season has been poor if you look at many things.

Is it massively different to the expectations of the squad though?

We all have different viewpoints, perhaps I’m just happy to judge differently. Doesn’t make me right or wrong, just the way I see it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, we’ve regressed.  As has the squad available to select from. As has the cost of that squad. 

He has only lost "dead wood" and the players he has decided to "banish".

He has had a mid table Championship squad available to him all season and has underperformed with it. We haven't gone down so no disaster.

But we will next season if massive improvements are not made.

2 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Who really thinks we have improved under NP in the past year? we have regressed even more than even under the Johnsons and Dean i.mo. Before that ??? who exactly is selecting these managers ffs. The futures bright....yeah right. ?

Allowing for the fact we lost 14 players that were OOC, managed to get rid of our CEO, the medical staff, a lot of fitness and conditioning staff that all (specially the CEO) were not fit for purpose. 
I admit here that there could still be questions asked due to our injury lists.
Due to financial problems we have given minutes to about a teams worth of Academy talent. 
We have been hindered yet again by injuries, even more by when and what part of the team has been affected.
With all that, I have enjoyed some of the last few months footballl ,more than at any time over the last 2 years. I'd say there has been progress, slower than we might have hoped , but when you can't play they players when and where you want it's hard
I moan as much as many, but I also try and take a breath and think about where we are. If we had had a full squad to choose from the entire year and performed as we have, I'd be in the front row screaming , we haven't. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Allowing for the fact we lost 14 players that were OOC, managed to get rid of our CEO, the medical staff, a lot of fitness and conditioning staff that all (specially the CEO) were not fit for purpose. 
I admit here that there could still be questions asked due to our injury lists.
Due to financial problems we have given minutes to about a teams worth of Academy talent. 
We have been hindered yet again by injuries, even more by when and what part of the team has been affected.
With all that, I have enjoyed some of the last few months footballl ,more than at any time over the last 2 years. I'd say there has been progress, slower than we might have hoped , but when you can't play they players when and where you want it's hard
I moan as much as many, but I also try and take a breath and think about where we are. If we had had a full squad to choose from the entire year and performed as we have, I'd be in the front row screaming , we haven't. 

Chose to get rid of 12 players, the CEO left of his own accord for a better offer and we brought in an "elite" medical team the would improve the injury problems and "get more players on the grass" .

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whether Hughton or Cook “turned us down” or not (poetic licence from me), they went through 2+ interviews, before finding they / City weren’t the fit they each side thought they were.  Cook basically tried to make himself look bad in the interview, when he realised how big a mess it was, so he wouldn’t get offered the gig.

Were you sitting in on the interview? If Cook decided he didn't like what he saw then he was perfectly capable of turning the job down. From a CV point of view in pretty much any profession, it is better to be offered the job- people who say they deliberately sabotaged their interview because they didnt want the job are invariably full of sh*t.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can you just explain why in 14 months Pearson has not managed a back to back win? The constant deflection from Nige's genuinely poor record due to external factors - LJ/MA/SL/Refs/Parachutes/injuries/money and whatever comes to mind is wearing very thin and has been for some time. He has done some good in some areas but I can't see any sign whatsoever that after 14 months and one of the worst records in recent BCFC history that he's the right man to take us forward. I just can't see it and it has nothing whatsoever to do with agendas or some misplaced dislike of the fella.

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Depends on your agenda

See above

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think all of those have “better” squads, better balanced squads, deeper squads, etc.  in some cases it’s marginal admittedly.  All about opinions though.

This season has been poor if you look at many things.

Is it massively different to the expectations of the squad though?

We all have different viewpoints, perhaps I’m just happy to judge differently. Doesn’t make me right or wrong, just the way I see it. 

I always respect your opinions Dave and i suppose its just my frustrations coming out after a few beers on a Saturday night after yet another defeat.

This season has been underwhelming, not just in terms of results, but also performances.

I've watched about 25 games this season either live or via TV and i can count on one hand, the number of 45 minute performances that have impressed me.

Nige arrived with a pretty big reputation, and to this point, hasn't improved us in my opinion. As stated, i will "keep the faith" but it's getting harder week by week.

I will be at The Gate again for the Peterborough game next Saturday and hoping for better!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Chose to get rid of 12 players, the CEO left of his own accord for a better offer and we brought in an "elite" medical team the would improve the injury problems and "get more players on the grass" .

Could we have kept or offered new deals to all those players? No, not without spending shit loads of money we didn't have.
Slice it how you like the CEO went, the fact that most people wanted him gone is a bonus. I honestly think he realised he was about to be found out. 
I give you that there are questions about our injuries, but a change was needed. I'd say a revolution was needed, it's started. It needed a strong man to come in, with experience. Now Pearson has started the process.
Am I content at where we are, probably not. But I'm not sure dumping the plan now is the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Depends on your agenda

So Derby were deducted 21 points and Reading 6. Without this it would put Derby above and Reading 1 point behind with a game in hand. As I said- let's see where the season takes us and see how close it was after the final 6 matches.

Agenda's work both ways. Some take it very personally if anyone criticises Nigel so I suggest you man up- I'm not a loan voice.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Its strange the the areas in which NP has brought his choices into are imo the worst performing areas now..i.e the shambles of a defence and powder puff midfield, strange indeed considering as the defence should be right up his street, so what is going wrong there?

The cost has gone down but Fammy was always going to leave and most of the rest on big bucks are just running their contracts down, so he`s done nothing wonderfull there.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So Derby were deducted 21 points and Reading 6. Without this it would put Derby above and Reading 1 point behind with a game in hand. As I said- let's see where the season takes us and see how close it was after the final 6 matches.

Agenda's work both ways. Some take it very personally if anyone criticises Nigel so I suggest you man up- I'm not a loan voice.

I would say attaining safety in your penultimate game is More escaping relegation by the ‘skin of your teeth’ , wouldn’t you ?

Oh no , you wouldn’t 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whether Hughton or Cook “turned us down” or not (poetic licence from me), they went through 2+ interviews, before finding they / City weren’t the fit they each side thought they were.  Cook basically tried to make himself look bad in the interview, when he realised how big a mess it was, so he wouldn’t get offered the gig.

Was he afraid Swiss Tony was going to make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Were you sitting in on the interview? If Cook decided he didn't like what he saw then he was perfectly capable of turning the job down. From a CV point of view in pretty much any profession, it is better to be offered the job- people who say they deliberately sabotaged their interview because they didnt want the job are invariably full of sh*t.

Can you just explain why in 14 months Pearson has not managed a back to back win? The constant deflection from Nige's genuinely poor record due to external factors - LJ/MA/SL/Refs/Parachutes/injuries/money and whatever comes to mind is wearing very thin and has been for some time. He has done some good in some areas but I can't see any sign whatsoever that after 14 months and one of the worst records in recent BCFC history that he's the right man to take us forward. I just can't see it and it has nothing whatsoever to do with agendas or some misplaced dislike of the fella.

See above

All fair challenges MRR.

Just saying what I was told, which seemed very plausible.  Validity of everything is virtually always 2nd hand (or further removed).  Sometimes you trust who tells you what and sometimes you don’t….depends who it is, what they’re claiming and where it was sourced from.

I totally get why you / others patience is wearing thin.  Mine isn’t.  It isn’t about being right or wrong either…it doesn’t really matter…plus it’s fluid anyway.  It’s just “views”, and we can have opposing ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but I've always felt that it's a bit generous to use "he was our top scorer for a few years" as a point in favour of Fam.

Across those years he was often playing as a lone striker, in front of a low scoring midfield, and he was being given penalty duty. He was also playing almost all of every game. It would have been a pretty severe failure were he not to have been top goalscorer in those circumstances.

That is why I love what he done for our club,as you say he at times was basically all alone with our awful midfield and was then expected to defend corners,if you think being generous to call him our top scorer as some sort of negative then wow

59 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Do you really think we're worse than last season? This season hasn't been great, but it's easy to forget just how bad last season was. Across the season we were the worst side in the league in terms of underlying numbers. We frequently failed to even perform competitively and respectably (bar the first 5 games).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

I agree with most of what you say but i do feel that Nige has been given a bit of a free ride this season.

Whilst our financial problems are clear, i don't believe that we are in any more of a mess than Luton, Preston, Millwall, Huddersfield etc.

A managers job is to improve what he has available to him, and i don't feel he has done that. Nige still has my support but unless we bring in 3 or 4 players in the summer that greatly improve us, next season will unfortunately follow a similar pattern.

I thought at the very least he would make us organised and hard to play against, but if anything, we are the opposite of that.

Luton Preston and Millwall have never spent big like Lansdown Ashton and Johnson….Look at what the idiots spent by comparison to bloody Pearson…Its nuts. Huddersfield have had the benefit of relegation money up until this season/….There is one place to look and three people to look at. Pearson was brought in to bail out Steve Lansdown and the playboy f wit son, (who continues to be a total waste of everyone’s time) who publicly criticised the guy! 

I would start With firing Jon Lansdown and putting someone in place that doesn’t think he can act like the son of an oligarch and show up for sound bites for the local rag twice a year!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

I see where you're coming from, and it's something I've wondered about quite a bit. I think it comes down to the difference between a "squad on paper" and a starting 11 in practice.

Were you to simply look at a squad list, you'd see we have quite a few good individual players, perhaps more so than some other clubs higher in the table. (Bentley, Kalas, Baker, Klose, Atkinson, Weimann, Semenyo, Wells etc - lots of "high value names" in there).

The problem is that it's incredibly difficult to actually make a strong, balanced starting 11 out of our squad. How many games this season have we had to start without an actual RB/RWB playing at RB/RWB? Do we have any real wingers in the squad at all? O'Dowda is the only one really - our best attacking players are all most effective through the centre. That's a real issue in selecting a starting 11. 

Conversely, other clubs may have fewer "star players", but they have a collection of players that compliment one another and that fit into a clear set-up/system. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Do you really think we're worse than last season? This season hasn't been great, but it's easy to forget just how bad last season was. Across the season we were the worst side in the league in terms of underlying numbers. We frequently failed to even perform competitively and respectably (bar the first 5 games).

NP up to March 19th; W 14, L 29, D12 been over a year and 55games, not the best stats in the world are they? lost more than twice as many as won

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Luton Preston and Millwall have never spent big like Lansdown Ashton and Johnson….Look at what the idiots spent by comparison to bloody Pearson…Its nuts. Huddersfield have had the benefit of relegation money up until this season/….There is one place to look and three people to look at. Pearson was brought in to bail out Steve Lansdown and the playboy f wit son, (who continues to be a total waste of everyone’s time) who publicly criticised the guy! 

I would start With firing Jon Lansdown and putting someone in place that doesn’t think he can act like the son of an oligarch and show up for sound bites for the local rag twice a year!

Totally agree with you. JL has only got the job because Daddy owns the business. Let’s not forget he disappeared last season when things were tough - JL needs to be given another job away from the club

If Pearson was prepared to deal with agents I would have Pearson as DoF, but he doesn’t like agents or loans. Unfortunately we are stuck with Pearson because we can’t afford to sack him 

I think we need to go with a DoF to give us a chance of having someone who can recruit rather than ex Leicester players. Someone like Rob Newman who is doing a good job at Man City on the scouting side, springs to mind

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastred said:

Totally agree with you. JL has only got the job because Daddy owns the business. Let’s not forget he disappeared last season when things were tough - JL needs to be given another job away from the club

If Pearson was prepared to deal with agents I would have Pearson as DoF, but he doesn’t like agents or loans. Unfortunately we are stuck with Pearson because we can’t afford to sack him 

I think we need to go with a DoF to give us a chance of having someone who can recruit rather than ex Leicester players. Someone like Rob Newman who is doing a good job at Man City on the scouting side, springs to mind

Rob Newman is at West Ham now I think.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gl2 said:

NP up to March 19th; W 14, L 29, D12 been over a year and 55 games, not the best stats in the world are they? lost more than twice as many as won

Appreciate that the win percentage isn't great, but we're no longer the worst side in the league (in terms of underlying stats). That alone shows improvement on last season. 

This season has been far from good, but it's been a little bit less bad. That's the only point I'm trying to make here. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Eastred said:

I think after your first paragraph you are utterly and catastrophically wrong

City are finding a way with kids and bringing them on. We need that as our only way forward as the money has been spent by Johnson Lansdown Ashton et al. Loans don’t help building a side buy plug gaps to make everyone feel better about not challenging. Loans won’t necessarily even horkp a challenge, but will help Liverpool Manc  etc build their bloody side for the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think after your first paragraph you are utterly and catastrophically wrong

City are finding a way with kids and bringing them on. We need that as our only way forward as the money has been spent by Johnson Lansdown Ashton et al. Loans don’t help building a side buy plug gaps to make everyone feel better about not challenging. Loans won’t necessarily even horkp a challenge, but will help Liverpool Manc  etc build their bloody side for the future. 

Horkp a challenge? I'm afraid you will have to help me with that one :laugh:. is it a new Danish lager perhaps?

Edited by pillred
Add comment

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Let's also add the deducted points then to see where the results based table stands and the position without external factors.

Why would we do that?

The points were deducted because teams broke the rules, its not the EFL doing us a favour.

The season has be disappointing but this argument is nonsense.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he played well (in context) today when he came on, got us playing, nipped into challenges etc.  I didn’t see any outside influences in his game play today.

You're talking nonsense Dave, he hasn't signed a new deal so he must be shiiiiiiiit.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Why would we do that?

The points were deducted because teams broke the rules, its not the EFL doing us a favour.

The season has be disappointing but this argument is nonsense.

Don't agree, the points deductions were for transgressions last season and comparing like for like as far as actual points gained this season it's a valid argument, we would be a lot nearer trouble if those points deductions had not been made, though of course we would probably still be ok. 

Edited by pillred
Add comment