IGNORED

Sports Psychologist?

East Londoner

Thought this might get lost in the match day thread but does anyone know if the club uses or has used a sports psychologist?

I’ve thought for years O’Dowda has been crying out for one (not literally of course) and lots of the last minute and injury time goals we concede suggest that others in the squad might do too as they’ve been a mental thing like getting deeper and deeper or making really poor decisions 

• Like 1

We needed one in August.

Home to Blackpool, winning and conceded a stoppage time equaliser.

A few nights later away to FGR, winning and conceded a stoppage time equaliser.

That was when the rot set in; the players were then convinced they are incapable of winning. 

12 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Been saying this for months, falls on deaf ears. 

Think the team have ptsd over late goals. 

No one listens 

How do you know they don’t?

Id almost guarantee they do, whether the team specifically has one or many players just speak to someone.

Tyrone Mings came out and said he speaks to his just before every game, I think it’s pretty common these days

I’ve just put similar to this on another thread, but people who think the last minute goal today was anything to do with “psychology” are wrong. We displayed exactly the right behaviours post 90 minutes.

- Free kick given. Don’t flood forward. Check.

- Taking free kick. Wells and Martin try and keep in corner. Check.

- Pring gets ball with chance to drive into box. Goes for corner. Check.

I’d agree in prior games on the 90+ front we have displayed the wrong behaviours and looked scared. That didn’t happen today, and it was pure and simple, unlucky. People tying it to psychology are, ironically, amateur psychologists.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

56 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

No one listens 

….and you’ve told OTIB…if you feel strongly, raise it with the club.  What do you want OTIB to do about it?

Maybe they already have one in?

How about about our injury time winner just 7 days ago…

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ve just put similar to this on another thread, but people who think the last minute goal today was anything to do with “psychology” are wrong. We displayed exactly the right behaviours post 90 minutes.

- Free kick given. Don’t flood forward. Check.

- Taking free kick. Wells and Martin try and keep in corner. Check.

- Pring gets ball with chance to drive into box. Goes for corner. Check.

I’d agree in prior games on the 90+ front we have displayed the wrong behaviours and looked scared. That didn’t happen today, and it was pure and simple, unlucky. People tying it to psychology are, ironically, amateur psychologists.

Pearson said Livermore offside, was he?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

….and you’ve told OTIB…if you feel strongly, raise it with the club.  What do you want OTIB to do about it?

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Didn’t think so. This is the best screengrab I have at the moment, just before ball played:

2C52904D-1071-4A7F-B4D5-ECEB92D2E7F5.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

No one listens 

I hear ya- felt the same as I walked out today, I used to feel very disappointed with it (I still do really) but I actually just laugh about it now.

Mentally this set of players are very weak.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

**** me dave he is allowed to have an opinion. Stop acting like what you say is fact. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

**** me dave he is allowed to have an opinion. Stop acting like what you say is fact. 

**** me Joe, what facts did I quote?  I raised a question about whether they might have one, and I raised another question as to how they won in injury time last week without a psychologist.

Its clear from your recent posts, you’re now Pearson out.  I’m fine with your opinion, but don’t have a go at my post by accusing me of writing something I didn’t…because I asked a question of someone who holds the same view as yours.

Edited by Davefevs
Sane to same (maybe right first time)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I used reverse physiology on the drive home. I I imagined we were 2-1 down with 20 seconds to go and bagged a last kick of the game equaliser and picked up a 2-2 point against s team I expected us to get tanked by.

It worked for me. Can enjoy my Saturday night now ?COYR

Sounds good to me,I’m going down town to pick the ugliest bird about and chat her up and then go back to the wife  being grateful 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

**** me Joe, what facts did I quote?  I raised a question about whether they might have one, and I raised another question as to how they won in injury time last week without a psychologist.

Its clear from your recent posts, you’re now Pearson out.  I’m fine with your opinion, but don’t have a go at my post by accusing me of writing something I didn’t…because I asked a question of someone who holds the same view as yours.

He is posting on a public forum. Raise it with the club? What kind of shit is that? It is his opinion it doesn’t matter how he says it. A forum doesn’t mean he thinks what he says is right. Felt like an attack on him to me. 

14 minutes ago, TBW said:

Who shat in your lunch?

No one but what we need to remember is dave is a fan like everyone. Some spreadsheets don’t make him right or wrong. It felt like an attack to me and if I misread if than so be it but people are allowed to express themselves. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Raise it with the club? What kind of shit is that?

Exactly as it says.  If she feels so strongly about it, raise it with the club, OTIB can’t do anything about it.  From the posts from her, she appears to be a strong character, knows her own mind significantly enough to maybe feel that she could raise it with the club.  Hence why not raise it with the club.

As Harry has found, the current set up at the club is no longer the closed shop it was under Ashton, and Gould is very approachable and open.  

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Some spreadsheets don’t make him right or wrong.

You’ll find the vast majority of my posts don’t involve any spreadsheets.  But they are a good way to convey information and / or opinion.  And that post you attacked was nothing to do with being right or wrong.  It merely asked two questions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly as it says.  If she feels so strongly about it, raise it with the club, OTIB can’t do anything about it.  From the posts from her, she appears to be a strong character, knows her own mind significantly enough to maybe feel that she could raise it with the club.  Hence why not raise it with the club.

As Harry has found, the current set up at the club is no longer the closed shop it was under Ashton, and Gould is very approachable and open.  

You’ll find the vast majority of my posts don’t involve any spreadsheets.  But they are a good way to convey information and / or opinion.  And that post you attacked was nothing to do with being right or wrong.  It merely asked two questions.

Dave lets be fair. You’re feeling yourself far too much. 

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, what Dave does in his bedroom isn’t a door any of us want to open…

12 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Look I said what I said. Some seem to think because someone posts some spreadsheets that an opinion is more valid than others. I remember when dave was first posting on here now it is like he is some mecca of football information. If he was that good the club would employ him and we would not be in the mess we are in. Hell other day he said he is impressed with Gould. **** me we don‘t think Bristol City’s CEO can spout some shit to some basic “fanalyst?” The club is a mess and davefevs trying to bully other posters ain‘T gonna fly with me. I don’t care how many graphs he posts

• Confused 1
  • Flames 1