IGNORED

Nowhere do I see....

extonsred

much about our defences positives yesterday. Think all 3 at the back did well. They nullified WBA attack, were strong in defence AND attack. Both Cundy (great game) and Atkinson back to form and we really looked as solid as I've seen our defence this season. Yes maybe crazy moment from Bentley (not sure about the penalty..would like to see in slomo) and our willingness to give gifts to the opposition continues but team played well, Pring was great again..what a tackler, and they deserved more. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, extonsred said:

much about our defences positives yesterday. Think all 3 at the back did well. They nullified WBA attack, were strong in defence AND attack. Both Cundy (great game) and Atkinson back to form and we really looked as solid as I've seen our defence this season. Yes maybe crazy moment from Bentley (not sure about the penalty..would like to see in slomo) and our willingness to give gifts to the opposition continues but team played well, Pring was great again..what a tackler, and they deserved more. 

……..and if Nige was more popular with some they would be going mental about the offside equaliser too but hardly a peep about that. Cundy is a bit raw at times but overall he did well. Like I said on another thread we defended the corners and high balls well yesterday except the keeper making an individual error on the penalty so the coaching stick gets put back in the cupboard for now.

• Like 1

Yes, I was not at the game but from clips I decent we looked better in defence. And I watched their penalty a few times and I am not sure either. But in the modern game ,being soft, I suppose it is. Can not find clips of the two penalty's NP said we should of had. Be interesting to see. Refs. are just poor this season mind full stop mind

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes, I was not at the game but from clips I decent we looked better in defence. And I watched their penalty a few times and I am not sure either. But in the modern game ,being soft, I suppose it is. Can not find clips of the two penalty's NP said we should of had. Be interesting to see. Refs. are just poor this season mind full stop mind

How on earth can punching someone in the head being a penalty offence be described as the game being soft?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

……..and if Nige was more popular with some they would be going mental about the offside equaliser too but hardly a peep about that. Cundy is a bit raw at times but overall he did well. Like I said on another thread we defended the corners and high balls well yesterday except the keeper making an individual error on the penalty so the coaching stick gets put back in the cupboard for now.

They looked a threat in the opponents box too.  Cundy header saved, Atkinson almost getting on the end of a free kick, before he assisted Weimann.

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

Their fitness will be building game by game (as will Matt James tbf), so hopefully we’ll see more games like yesterday. 

Thought he had a good game yesterday (again) having been poor in the week. Thought he was good last Saturday too.  Hopefully his match sharpness is returning.  Thought his set-piece delivery was on the money too.

13 minutes ago, bcfcbulgaria said:

Not sure there was any contact at all. If it was a punch the guy would be KO'd instantly. 

He went to punch the ball and his hand carried on to interact painfully when it hit the face of the attacker. I had no doubt it was a penalty. Not malicious,  just a clumsy mistake.  

But equally I had no doubt we should have had a penalty when Weimann had his heels clipped in the box. Why would he have dived, he was in a one-on-one with the keeper?  Didn't have such a good view of the handball shout.  Bloke's arms were certainly raised.

• Thanks 1

The biggest problem I see,  is that we aren't aggressive and proactive enough in stopping balls into the box.

We sit in the final third, keep shape, but allow from wide midfield balls to be put in the box.

Yesterday was again a perfect example for both Brom goals. Klose ' symbolically' shadowed the man allowed him all the time in the world to deliver a cross into the box. 

And Jay imo...could have been more aggressive and closer to the man who threaded the ball into the box for their second. 

We just let balls into the box too easily.

Defend like that...and eventually they will score, regardless off the good work done by the defenders prior.