IGNORED

Callum O’Dowda - what a bargain?

BigAl&Toby

3 hours ago, cockneydave said:

Glad to see so many people backing a BRISTOL CITY player !!

Why should we? He's robbed a living last few years with no progression and has gone hiding. Another failure of a signing who we should have bombed out when he refused to sign a contract and believed the grass was greener elsewhere. When it turned out no other Championship club wanted him!

• Like 9

Was made an offer on reduced terms, basic is quite low with numerous adds on.

COD loves it in the area, gets on well with Pearson and wants to stay, but he does have offers and in no rush to commit as hes just concentrating on getting fit in next couple weeks and trying to finish season injury free

• Thanks 2

Not one to keep IMO- £15k a week in this climate when every penny counts as the option, nope.

That's not to say he couldn't do well elsewhere at this level, but I feel things have run their course here with him- the injuries haven't helped either, he has certain attributes and is versatile but as another poster mentioned, post the Hull injury in Autumn 2017 it just hasn't happened enough, with the necessary level of consistency- he was in brilliant form for a period that Autumn, goal or assist every match over a range and generally finding his stride.

• Like 1

Surely it’s obvious that it’s best for everyone that he moves on.

Maybe he’ll go somewhere else and become the useful player his physical attributes suggest he should be, but surely it’s clear to everyone involved that isn’t going to happen here.

I don’t quite get some of the hate he gets at times, but he’s been an extremely frustrating player.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Swede said:

I beg to differ. 

Anyone who witnessed the solo goal he scored at Carrow Road will know there is a player there.

He's been asked to play in a number of positions in roles that are not his strong point so nobody can fault his attitude.

I hope we take up the option

A handful of games (being generous) out of about 150+. 

No thank you. 

• Like 3

On 20/03/2022 at 16:08, David Brent said:

Found his level at 21 did he?

Seems that way to me. I’ve not seen anything from him in all the time he’s been here to suggest he was worth having a punt on. He won’t stick long in my memory once he’s gone. 

Mind you, he is an international ?

Please put us all out of our misery (including him) and let him go.

There was a potential player in there 3 seasons ago but he hasn't progressed and the ability to exploit potential has already been pushed to it's limits with seemingly no improvement.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Much will depend on whether City think they can get better for what they’re prepared to offer in revised terms to Callum.

and whether there is a club prepared to pay nearer what COD thinks he's worth. He's had his lot as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

and whether there is a club prepared to pay nearer what COD thinks he's worth. He's had his lot as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, of course.  Could be using “interest elsewhere” as leverage for trying to get more here.  We know he doesn’t want to move.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, of course.  Could be using “interest elsewhere” as leverage for trying to get more here.  We know he doesn’t want to move.

Because the only way is down. Can't blame him at all, he's managed to survive here for some time whilst doing very little, why would he want to leave his comfort zone?

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Unfortunately he has been injured often and has been a bit hit or miss when able to play. Is there a consistent player in there?…..Maybe! If Pearson thinks he can do something with him and keep him fit, then give it a whirl, the past is not necessarily a guide to the future, however it’s the only one we have. 

• Like 1