IGNORED

Callum O’Dowda - what a bargain?

BigAl&Toby

On 20/03/2022 at 05:08, Davefevs said:

Yep, it’ll be no different to a similar group of other club’s OOC players who will be of interest to clubs whose own fans think isn’t good enough.

Some players will flourish at their new club at the same level and fans will bemoan it, others will prove their club were right to let them go.

I guess Ipswich might show an interest, but I would expect O’Dowda to still be in the Championship next season.

If his contract is not running out, he will be here!

On 20/03/2022 at 07:05, BigAl&Toby said:

Saw this yesterday whilst I was having a nervous pre-kick off wee.

Looks like Callum is off. With a very tempting 30% off. Wonder who will swoop…..

They’d best be quick mind. That offer is only available for a limited time ?

E8A8EF39-2FDA-4398-A9F0-74DB0E0C5D08.thumb.jpeg.8607cc5c199e9b5582f587c1a57e3f32.jpeg

It says "30% off sale

All replica kit and lifestyle collection" not 30% off a sale of Callum. 

And while I'm at it, why would the club advertise a player for sale in the home toilets?

17 hours ago, BLRed said:

Hopefully we don’t exercise that year option. 15k a week better spent elsewhere 

In the current climate and based on his prior record I'd say COD would be lucky if we valued him at more than £5k per week. There's no chance we're taking up the option as stands. What worries me is that if he's angling for £10-12k per week and there aren't any clubs in for him in the Summer, we'll somehow reach a comprimise and end up with him on a 2+1 deal at £8k per week. I'm hoping Ipswich feel the need to employ him, provided they sign Bakinson of course.

3 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

I think that's a fair statement, stupid thing is though he will probably end up at another champ side and be there best player. 

He’d have to improve pretty much every aspect of his game, and develop some end product. Definitely possible but it’s a big ask.

I beg to differ. 

Anyone who witnessed the solo goal he scored at Carrow Road will know there is a player there.

He's been asked to play in a number of positions in roles that are not his strong point so nobody can fault his attitude.

I hope we take up the option

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Or maybe he just needs that manager that gives him a bit of belief and in his correct position.

I think, is it 5 years now?, under 3 different managers (plus caretakers) is sufficient - even for cosy club Bristol City - to make a judgement on a player.

Frankly, a number of fans had made their judgements well before Mark ****** Ashton  renewed his contract.

Clearly, is now following the well trodden path of players running down their contracts. Tried the engagement ‘in the crowd at Reading’, the interview saying how settled in Bristol he was… didn’t work, so now the long injury lay-off and, probably, a couple of sub appearances before he buggers off to Ipswich on a ‘free’.

Not one of Mr Lansdown’s shrewdest investments.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I think, is it 5 years now?, under 3 different managers (plus caretakers) is sufficient - even for cosy club Bristol City - to make a judgement on a player.

Frankly, a number of fans had made their judgements well before Mark ****** Ashton  renewed his contract.

Clearly, is now following the well trodden path of players running down their contracts. Tried the engagement ‘in the crowd at Reading’, the interview saying how settled in Bristol he was… didn’t work, so now the long injury lay-off and, probably, a couple of sub appearances before he buggers off to Ipswich on a ‘free’.

Not one of Mr Lansdown’s shrewdest investments.

Yeah he's probably the longest serving player for us isn't he ? he was definetly a Mark Ashton signing, I think the spell just before this injury was the best I've seen him play. certainly going to be an interesting summer, a few will go who I don't think people will expect to go.

33 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Or maybe he just needs that manager that gives him a bit of belief and in his correct position.

3 managers have had a go and he’s produced diddly squat in return. The guy is still dining out on that goal v Norwich. Even when he turned up he didn’t look particularly special. I’ve never understood his plaudits, I don’t care if he goes and smashes it at another club, there’s been more than enough opportunities to produce and they’ve all been squandered.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Flatters to deceive. Won't challenge for the ball if it's close to a 50:50. Crosses and shoots with the accuracy of a scud missle. Can't tackle but can put in a niggly foul when he doesn't have to. Injury prone. Possibly no better now than he was when he came here. A better signing than Gustav Engval, and may be missed more than Tony Dinning.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Flatters to deceive. Won't challenge for the ball if it's close to a 50:50. Crosses and shoots with the accuracy of a scud missle. Can't tackle but can put in a niggly foul when he doesn't have to. Injury prone. Possibly no better now than he was when he came here. A better signing than Gustav Engval, and may be missed more than Tony Dinning.

Not going to disagree with any of that except maybe the Tony Dinning part haha 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mattredrobin said:

I think that's a fair statement, stupid thing is though he will probably end up at another champ side and be there best player. 

I don’t 100% think it will happen, but there is a nagging doubt in my mind to say it possibly might. 

He should be in the prime of this career right now, but all we have experienced with him is long periods of absence due to injury just about every season. He doesn’t seem to get little niggles but months out. If we are tightening budgets we surely cannot gamble on him being available.

Yes any player can get injured at any time, but past history points to lengthy time unavailable and puts him in the ‘luxury’ category. And when he does play is he really a quality player worth waiting for? Sadly it’s a no from me.

• Like 4