IGNORED

Andi Weimann

Lew-T

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Excellent news. Not bad for a bloke that just runs around a lot.

“Almost stealing a living” apparently…

Delighted for him, no one works harder & whilst I cannot claim to have in depth knowledge of Austrian football I would be amazed if they had 22 better players than him.

We've got an Austrian international ?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/vienna-calling-as-austria-select-weimann/

Andi Weimann has been rewarded for his outstanding City form with a call-up by Austria.

Weimann, who has scored 18 goals in his best ever return along with nine assists, has been selected in the squad to prepare for next Thursday’s World Cup qualifier against Wales.

After numerous stand-by nominations in the seven years since the last of his 14 caps, the ever-humble Weimann is delighted to get the call, telling Robins TV: “Playing for your country is an incredible honour and I’ve never given up hope of being selected for Austria again. I’ve just tried to work hard for City and contribute with goals and assists and hopefully I’ll get noticed.”

Austria play Wales in Cardiff on March 26th  (7.45pm) with the winners facing Scotland or Ukraine to decide who goes to Qatar.

• Like 1

He’s added more goals to his game this season - that’s the difference and I’d imagine the main reason why he’s been called up. 

AW has always had goals in him and he could reach the 20 goals mark this season. I’m not sure whether he’s ever bagged 20 in a season before.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s added more goals to his game this season - that’s the difference and I’d imagine the main reason why he’s been called up. 

AW has always had goals in him and he could reach the 20 goals mark this season. I’m not sure whether he’s ever bagged 20 in a season before.

Now you have opened a "how many goals will Andy get this season" 

I think he will net another six in the championship that brings him up to 24.

I wish all the best to him and hope he does well playing for his country.

54 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Excellent news. Not bad for a bloke that just runs around a lot.

And ‘Flaps’ a lot

One of our experts on here likes to refer to him as ‘Flappy’

For his effort every single game and his professionalism , his work to get back from serious injury , his call up back to the Austrian Squad is so so deserved and a reward for bloody hard work

For the reasons I’ve highlighted there are few City Players in 50 odd years , that I have admired , and respected more

At a period where we have been a mess for 3 years or so , when it would be easy to let his standards drop , his attitude  is really quite stunning

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Great news for Andi….selfishly I’d rather he rested up during the break.

Season is done, get him on the International scene and increase his value, as I have been saying for a while he is the one we will definitely have bids for, far too good for us.

He has one really good pay day left in him for a top 6 Champ or lower Prem team.

Will be gutted to see him go but teams like Fulham, Brighton, Palace and Southampton et al must be looking at him.

Still laugh at one poster on here describing him as having a "foot like a banjo" !!

Fantastic news and massively well deserved.

Andi has been a model pro for us and regardless of how poorly the rest of the team are performing, you just know you can always rely on him to give everything he has when he’s on the pitch.

Just goes to show what he can do when he’s played in his proper position, rather than stuck out wide.  He even said when we signed him yhat his best position was in the centre, but some people at the club didn’t appear to listen!

With the way our defence have leaked goals this season, I dread to think where we’d be in the table now if we hadn’t re-signed him.

Top bloke!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Fantastic news and massively well deserved.

Andi has been a model pro for us and regardless of how poorly the rest of the team are performing, you just know you can always rely on him to give everything he has when he’s on the pitch.

Just goes to show what he can do when he’s played in his proper position, rather than stuck out wide.  He even said when we signed him yhat his best position was in the centre, but some people at the club didn’t appear to listen!

With the way our defence have leaked goals this season, I dread to think where we’d be in the table now if we hadn’t re-signed him.

Top bloke!!!

We would be in the bottom 3, that's where we would be.

Definitely well deserved and somewhat surprised it hasn’t happened earlier. Player of the Season by some distance. And if all of the other players in the City squad gave the same commitment and effort as him, I doubt we would be where we are in the table. Not his fault we can’t defend a lead he has given us!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

“Almost stealing a living” apparently…

Delighted for him, no one works harder & whilst I cannot claim to have in depth knowledge of Austrian football I would be amazed if they had 22 better players than him.

I'd definitely agree with you which makes it seem somewhat surprising he appears to have only got the call up due to withdrawals from the original squad. 

https://www.oefb.at/oefb/News/Aenderungen-im-Nationalteam-Kader-3

• Thanks 1

Andi was played far too deep or too wide for much of his time here and I credit Pearson for realising that if you play him in a central attacking line he'll get goals.

Of course, there's more to his game than that and I like the way he helps out all over the pitch. If anyone can be said to be "he's here, he's there, he's every flaming where" it's him. 

We are lucky indeed that he decided to stick around and re-sign for us after he was initially released. If he'd decided to return to the continent, our season would've been an even bigger struggle.  

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Andi was played far too deep or too wide for much of his time here and I credit Pearson for realising that if you play him in a central attacking line he'll get goals.

Of course, there's more to his game than that and I like the way he helps out all over the pitch. If anyone can be said to be "he's here, he's there, he's every flaming where" it's him. 

We are lucky indeed that he decided to stick around and re-sign for us after he was initially released. If he'd decided to return to the continent, our season would've been an even bigger struggle.  

Believe he was offered a contract by Stoke but fortunately only for 2 years & Birmingham also held talks with him.

Think we’d have gone down if he had chosen differently.

• Like 4