IGNORED

Andi Weimann

Lew-T

6 hours ago, real_bristol said:

Hold my hands up. In previous seasons/ pre-injury I questioned his ability. Never his desire. There were times where I argued, “well what if I run around for 90 minutes and look like a grafter, will I get a game?”

However, this is why I’m not in football and probably never should be. He has had an absolute stormer of a season thoroughly deserves an international start let alone a call up, and I for one stand corrected. I also feel the coaching staff and Nige should get some praise as well, for getting the best out of him where others did not. Well done Andi. 

Agreed, im not convinced hes the second coming of messi, but as a hard runner and when hes got a chance at a first time instinctive finish, he has been fantastic 

Totally deserved, Happy for him.

In theory if all went according to plan could Kalas and Weimann be featuring at a World Cup? 

I digress, hope he steps up and takes his chance big time.

Top pro, self sacrifice for the team as we've seen him play at CM, RM, RW and even RWB!

Was on a different wavelength mid season to our tactics under LJ in 2018/19 with his excellent early runs that we didn't pick up. His quality and versatility has always been there.

• Like 1

Expect a phone call from either; Everton,Watford,Norwich,Burnley this summer and the departure of our top scorer as we cash in..... as its what we seem to do?

Fient hope that we may get sell on fees if prev departures move on to other clubs which could stop that happening.

There can be no doubt however that we will be off loading who we can to save/make money and to give NP some wiggle room.

18 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Agreed, im not convinced hes the second coming of messi, but as a hard runner and when hes got a chance at a first time instinctive finish, he has been fantastic 

No second coming, he has always been this good,

Just misused in the past.

7 hours ago, gl2 said:

Expect a phone call from either; Everton,Watford,Norwich,Burnley this summer and the departure of our top scorer as we cash in..... as its what we seem to do?

Fient hope that we may get sell on fees if prev departures move on to other clubs which could stop that happening.

There can be no doubt however that we will be off loading who we can to save/make money and to give NP some wiggle room.

1 hour ago, BLRed said:

Reckon someone comes in with a good bid for him this summer? International, likely to hit 20 goals and 10 assists in a season. Very valuable player to have

He was available in the summer on a free transfer (he was out of contract) and was apparently offered a two year deal with Stoke, which he declined in favour of a three year deal here on a reduced salary.

He stated that he never wanted to leave - he, his wife and family are happily settled in Bristol - so what makes you think that, on the basis of a single (hopefully, but very likely) 20 goal season, a club is going to pay a relatively large transfer fee (when he was available for free a few months ago), and offer him the lengthy contract (two years minimum) with commensurate salary to tempt him?

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He was available in the summer on a free transfer (he was out of contract) and was apparently offered a two year deal with Stoke, which he declined in favour of a three year deal here on a reduced salary.

He stated that he never wanted to leave - he, his wife and family are happily settled in Bristol - so what makes you think that, on the basis of a single (hopefully, but very likely) 20 goal season, a club is going to pay a relatively large transfer fee (when he was available for free a few months ago), and offer him the lengthy contract (two years minimum) with commensurate salary to tempt him?

The Weimann family home is in Solihull. Decent bid from a Midlands club may well tempt him. Remember last season he was coming off long term injury. His stock has risen. I'll be surprised if there isn't interest in him this summer. 

I am sure his stock has risen, as it would do understandably for any striker who scores 20 goals in one season, as I am sure it will.

Stoke is not that far from Solihull - I understood AW and his family were all living happily in Bristol, by the way - but he chose Bristol this summer, and long may it continue.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2022 at 05:14, Fordy62 said:

No. Redoxo created a thread 48hrs after the original. In fairness to him it had dropped to page 2 and he evidently hadn’t seen it, created a new thread, but now they’ve been merged. 

Yes that is exactly what happened! Did I create a problem for someone?

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes that is exactly what happened! Did I create a problem for someone?

No. I came up with a really crap Titanic based joke, which, when the threads were merged confused @Super

This is definitely one of those scenarios where you wish you hadn’t done something because you’ve spent many more hours explaining it than you spent laughing. Not my finest moment. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

I stand corrected. That'll teach me to stalk him and his missus on Instagram!

To be fair he’s probably held onto his previous houses whilst moving around - Solihull would have been a good base for his stint at Villa  - a bit of a trek to Derby and Wolves (over an hour’s drive to each in morning traffic?) so he probably has houses near those places too ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair he’s probably held onto his previous houses whilst moving around - Solihull would have been a good base for his stint at Villa  - a bit of a trek to Derby and Wolves (over an hour’s drive to each in morning traffic?) so he probably has houses near those places too ...

He may have more than one house !

On 23/03/2022 at 14:57, PHILINFRANCE said:

Its called money and also our track record of cashing in on our best players; if anyone comes with any sort of bid hes gone, ask former players now at Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley, the later being my fav to come for him.........have to be a wedge though Burnley ......?

1 minute ago, gl2 said:

Its called money and also our track record of cashing in on our best players; if anyone comes with any sort of bid hes gone, ask former players now at Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley, the later being my fav to come for him.........have to be a wedge though Burnley ......?

Burnley seem very unlikely, he's not 6 feet 6 .?