IGNORED

Old picture great player

sticks 1969

4 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

A bit of a strange memory lingers from this game, I’m sure super Bob got huge cheers when the team were warming up in front of the away terrace down the side of the pitch as he had just become a father?

Strange memories?

As I mentioned, I was convinced it was a pleasant Spring evening ?.

21 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Fantastic ‘all round’ footballer

A real driving force

I had the pleasure of coaching his lads and got to know Shelts quite well - One of the nicest and most humble guys you could ever meet

Was that when they played for Shire Colts?

2 hours ago, Red Homer said:

Was that when they played for Shire Colts?

They came to sessions we put on for Schholboys at Ashton Gate Homer so I’m not sure what Club they played for

Joe Jordan’s lads also came and to be fair to both Dads they stayed , quietly watched , but never interfered 

Have to say it was a bit unnerving to work with the lads  with JJ & GS watching !  ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Offside said:

Shelton was such an excellent player. He scored City’s first goal in my first ever away game (3-0 win at Cardiff in 1989 in torrential rain, a game when Super Bob scored a screamer of a volley). 

That was one lively game before and afterwards. I was in top corner of grange with a blue and white golf umbrella, came in handy as not only kept rain off but also the hundreds of coins coming over the back wall. Absolutely pisched down all day long . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beaverface said:

I seem to have a vague memory of Shelts scoring the only goal as a winner away to Barnsley.

I can't remember if it was really cold or I got soaked through standing on the open terrace up there??!

Well if it was the same game I went to, it was both cold and wet. New Years Day 1990.

Oh, and Shelts was sent off!

Edit: Think the away game you're thinking of was the following season

Edited by Merrick's Marvels