IGNORED

Crystal Palace Ghost Goal

CiderJar

5 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I thought of that goal against us last night when watching Freddie Sears play against FGR on TV.

There's no doubt about it in my mind we let ourselves down as a club that day.

Very poor 

Did we?

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Wasn't a free kick given? Hence the goal was ruled out?

Let's be honest, the free kick was the officials cop out because they actually didn't have a clue what was going on.  There was no foul in the build up.  They scored a fair goal and I agree that if the boot was on the other foot we would be moaning and bitching about it for ages and rightfully so.....

.....However.....  Warnock and Jordan were on the receiving end of the decision which makes this the exception to the rule and the correct outcome on the day!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

I thought of that goal against us last night when watching Freddie Sears play against FGR on TV.

Very poor 

I Was 10 rows back just to the left of the goal in the Atyeo. Sears scores and the ball pings out off the stanchion, gutted, good goal tho..... But once we realised what was happening and the ref trotted over to the linesman had a chat and ruled the "goal " out it became one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a game.

i seem to remember the lino did have his flag up mind. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they came up with an offside?

Absolute nonsense mind, nothing wrong with it at all and I might agree with you if it had been anyone other than Colin but he can **** right off, he was apoplecetic... Wonderful...

Edited by Will Rollason
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

Very poor 

Well, only Gary J would have had a say at the time it was going on. I can't see how the whole club did anything wrong.

15 minutes ago, 22A said:

We didn't. Watch film of the incident. Freddie Sears put his arm across the chest of the defender trying to tackle him. The Ref then pointed for a free kick, not a goal kick.

0.05 and 0.24shows this

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Let's be honest, the free kick was the officials cop out because they actually didn't have a clue what was going on.  There was no foul in the build up.  They scored a fair goal and I agree that if the boot was on the other foot we would be moaning and bitching about it for ages and rightfully so.....

.....However.....  Warnock and Jordan were on the receiving end of the decision which makes this the exception to the rule and the correct outcome on the day!!!!

This is exactly right. 

14 hours ago, 22A said:

0.05 and 0.24shows this

He was using his body to shield the ball.  There's absolutely no foul or offside in that build up at all.  If you give a free kick for that you'd be giving about 100 every game.  Nothing wrong with the goal whatsoever and not one City player appealed for anything.

But like I say - It was Colin and Tango, so **** em!