IGNORED

Looks like football is REALLY coming home

23 hours ago, beaverface said:

Its not the fact that the owners can't afford to develop the ground, but more the fact that our financial position as a team is hampered by FFP. Im sure if SL wanted to, he'd easily be able to spend tens of millions, but FFP prevents him from doing so.

Infrastructure expenditure is exempt- he or the club could spend all he wants on the ground, same for the Youth Academy and other items e.g. Community Trust and Women's Football.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Russia have put in a late expression of interest in hosting the next Euros , or the one after that

Yeah good luck with that 

Now f *** off 

And when you’ve done that 

**** off again

Turkey seem to have expressed a late interest too according to some reports- although other reports suggest not.

No doubt we have a greater technical standard of bid, but I expect a selling point that Turkey would argue would be that it's new territory, not been a Euros or World Cup there, lots of new stadia of a relevant capacity built in recent times. Would Turkey have the generalised Infrastructure too? Again the UK and Ireland bid will be better.

On 22/03/2022 at 15:09, beaverface said:

Its not the fact that the owners can't afford to develop the ground, but more the fact that our financial position as a team is hampered by FFP. Im sure if SL wanted to, he'd easily be able to spend tens of millions, but FFP prevents him from doing so.

Thought I'd just correct my above statement as people have been quoting me saying that FFP and infrastructure are not linked - which I do know. I just wasn't very clear with my above statement, which should read...

"Its not the fact that the owners can't afford to develop the ground, but more the fact that our financial position as a team is hampered by FFP. I'm sure if SL wanted to, he'd easily be able to spend tens of millions on players, but FFP prevents him from doing so.

On 23/03/2022 at 14:05, Sheltons Army said:

Russia have put in a late expression of interest in hosting the next Euros , or the one after that

Yeah good luck with that 

Now f *** off 

**** off again

Surprised they didn't really p155 everybody off by making a joint bid with Ukraine!

On 23/03/2022 at 15:05, Mr Popodopolous said:

Infrastructure expenditure is exempt- he or the club could spend all he wants on the ground, same for the Youth Academy and other items e.g. Community Trust and Women's Football.

Can't we employ the players part time and to make up their hours and good pay, employ them as a maintenance team.

Think I've posed this question before. Why can't players be paid for work outside of football, everybody else is entitled to, unless written into their contracts of employment?

On 23/03/2022 at 04:46, MarcusX said:

Apparently not, UEFA only keen to allow 2 host nations to qualify but I expect it will be discussed 

To be honest, that sounds fair to me.

If it went ahead, I suppose the fairest thing would be a play-off tournament between the 5 home nations ahead of qualifying, with 2 teams qualifying and 3 teams going into the general qualifiers. 

• Like 1

On 23/03/2022 at 14:05, Sheltons Army said:

Yeah good luck with that 

Now f *** off 

**** off again

Succinctly and expertly put Shelts, I concur totally. ? 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Russia bidding for the Euros in 2028 is single hand idly the cheekiest and most insensitive  bid in the history of competition, I hope UEFA tell them to get lost and kick their bid right in the Urals! 

I wouldn't even let them enter tbh.

Can we give it to Ukraine and charge the Russians?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1