IGNORED

It can happen !!

BigTone

41 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Got a call from my Nephew in Adelaide this morning.  He's only gone and won the "Early Bird" prize in a Housing Lottery which consists of a house valued at $2m plus $50k in cash.

Fair play to him.

Tell him not forget his favourite uncle!

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Got a call from my Nephew in Adelaide this morning.  He's only gone and won the "Early Bird" prize in a Housing Lottery which consists of a house valued at $2m plus $50k in cash.

Fair play to him.

Well Done, and hopefully you will receive some other good news soon closer to home.

• Thanks 1

On 23/03/2022 at 11:21, BigTone said:

Fair play to him.

That's great, what I don't understand about these types if Lottery, (Omaze?), what happena if you don't want to move to wherever they have built this house?

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That's great, what I don't understand about these types if Lottery, (Omaze?), what happena if you don't want to move to wherever they have built this house?

I suppose the answer is why buy the ticket in the first place.

I can see other problems down the line.

1) You cannot be anonymous like a normal lottery win,

2) You win a cash sum so you will be subjected to all the "help me out" letters especially as they will know your address..

3) Not all your friends will be happy for you,

Generally to win it is great but I do think it can cause other unthought of problems.

I'm thrilled for Chris as he has had a tough ride. I just hope this doesn't cause more unwarranted heartache.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Midred said:

Is there a possibility that you can put the house up for sale, even if you only get 1 to 1.5 million you're better off than before?

You'd have thought so, unless as part of the prize terms ans conditions it states your unable to do so for x amount of time? Wpuld that even be legal? I have no idea really.

I just think back to the old game shows where the main prize was a car, or if you were on Bullseye a speed boat. Now if you live in the top floor of a council flat in the middle of Birmingham, a speed boat isn't really much use to you is it!? You must have been able to sell them, especially as it is yours....

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

You'd have thought so, unless as part of the prize terms ans conditions it states your unable to do so for x amount of time? Wpuld that even be legal? I have no idea really.

I just think back to the old game shows where the main prize was a car, or if you were on Bullseye a speed boat. Now if you live in the top floor of a council flat in the middle of Birmingham, a speed boat isn't really much use to you is it!? You must have been able to sell them, especially as it is yours....

You could moor it at Gas St basin, but puttering along the cut at 4mph would be a tad underwhelming.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Midred said:

Is there a possibility that you can put the house up for sale, even if you only get 1 to 1.5 million you're better off than before?

I think he said he would have to pay 30% in capital gains if he sells it within 4 years but as you say still comes out with a healthy amount

Edited by BigTone
  • Thanks 1