IGNORED

Hull tickets

Oldland2

5 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

Just saw that you can buy a centre dolman adult ticket for £18 , Bc are taking the Micky out of loyal season ticket holders because their ticket works out at about £ 23 per game

If they made the aggregate POTD prices close to the Season Card prices then there would be issues but no one minds for a one off game to get some extra sales (or more likely just to reward those that normally chose to POTD). Until last weekend when I missed due to Covid, I don't think I've missed a home league game in the last 10 years, so I'm getting VFM from the SC (well I would be if .... :) ). The real issue at City are all those SC sales for this season where the card holders don't turn up. The Gate really did look sparsely populated on the RobinsTV stream v WBA - it's more evident than when you're at the ground becasue the camera looks down on all the seats.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The real issue at City are all those SC sales for this season where the card holders don't turn up. The Gate really did look sparsely populated on the RobinsTV stream v WBA - it's more evident than when you're at the ground becasue the camera looks down on all the seats.

I think the pandemic has had a real impact here.

Firstly there are SC holders who for health reasons don’t feel able to attend on a regular basis.

Secondly a number miss a fair few games through either testing positive or having someone else in the household who does.

Finally I think the culture of going to every game has been lost with the opportunity to see games online, either legally or not.

I know a few SC holders who live some way away who can afford their SC but are infrequent attenders.

A bit like the red button decimating midweek away support, this is a cultural shift.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I think the pandemic has had a real impact here.

Firstly there are SC holders who for health reasons don’t feel able to attend on a regular basis.

Secondly a number miss a fair few games through either testing positive or having someone else in the household who does.

Finally I think the culture of going to every game has been lost with the opportunity to see games online, either legally or not.

I know a few SC holders who live some way away who can afford their SC but are infrequent attenders.

A bit like the red button decimating midweek away support, this is a cultural shift.

I think you've got something there.

And if you spend a season where you've attended (say) only half the home games in person, why continue to buy a SC?

On 23/03/2022 at 12:05, Oldland2 said:

Just saw that you can buy a centre dolman adult ticket for £18 , Bc are taking the Micky out of loyal season ticket holders because their ticket works out at about £ 23 per game

Now coming to Bristol that weekend and to be honest I hadn’t thought of attending the game due to POTD being £30 plus for each of us. An end of season game with nothing to play for was certainly not attractive. At these prices I must admit we’re more likely to attend. 

22 hours ago, daored said:

Now coming to Bristol that weekend and to be honest I hadn’t thought of attending the game due to POTD being £30 plus for each of us. An end of season game with nothing to play for was certainly not attractive. At these prices I must admit we’re more likely to attend. 

But only if the online payment at the end of the process allow you to pay....

all I get is "ticketing system being updated"..... I'll now give it a raincheck.