IGNORED

spent SEVEN AND HALF hours getting into world cup ticket portal

No problems watching Bristol Manor Farm at The Creek when the World Cup is on. You could even get a train from Parsons Street to Temple Meads and then another to Sea Mills Station. From there it’s a 5 minute walk. Beer is cheap, it won’t be 40 degrees in the shade, so what not to like? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Quatar is a pheckin disgrace of a country.............the fact that it was awarded the World Cup, displays just how corrupt an organisation FIFA truly is .  I just hope that footballers representing their various countries take the opportunity to highlight to the World,  the repressive  medieval politics that reside there.   They must make use of their privileged platform to shine a light on Quater's appalling human rights issues, and draconian LGBT laws.  Hopefully some players will draw attention to these  disgraceful elements when interviewed, and use the World media to highlight just how inappropriate it is to allow Quatar to sportwash  football's greatest competition?    I am hoping all England's players wear black armbands, as a tribute to the thousands of exploited foreign workers who have died while constructing the stadia  in which this joke of a tournament will be played out in ?   But I am not holding my breath.     

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Quatar is a pheckin disgrace of a country.............the fact that it was awarded the World Cup, displays just how corrupt an organisation FIFA truly is .  I just hope that footballers representing their various countries take the opportunity to highlight to the World,  the repressive  medieval politics that reside there.   They must make use of their privileged platform to shine a light on Quater's appalling human rights issues, and draconian LGBT laws.  Hopefully some players will draw attention to these  disgraceful elements when interviewed, and use the World media to highlight just how inappropriate it is to allow Quatar to sportwash  football's greatest competition?    I am hoping all England's players wear black armbands, as a tribute to the thousands of exploited foreign workers who have died while constructing the stadia  in which this joke of a tournament will be played out in ?   But I am not holding my breath.     

No fella, I am not holding my breath either. In reality, in the world we currently live in, all Football Federations should take a stance and say ‘ we will not play in Quatar ‘ , clearly there is  zero chance of that , ££££, are the marker and the driver.

Again, not holding any hope of this, but it would be excellent if some star players from individual countries refused  to go - imagine the impact if, for example, Harry Kane, said no, I am not going, could just maybe, be a domino effect. Love to see it, won’t happen.

To use the much touted phrase, the game has gone. 

• Robin 1

35 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Surely someone with your extensive media/journalistic background would know it’s ‘Qatar’ and not ‘Quatar’ or ‘Quater’ ... ??✌️?????

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

It seems all the top teams England etc.

only have wheel chair users and their careers tickets available

with all the smaller teams you can buy tickets for their first three games.

Like I have said before stuff you Quatar,save your money for Germany(2024) and USA(2026)

The top teams like England ??

6 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I have fired off an e-mail to FIFA saying I ain't happy with the way the run the ticket process after trying to buy the seven tickets for the hopefully England games.

I don't expect anything to change,but hey ho,lets see what happens.

I think your a member of the travel club? If so why not wait and get tickets through them 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

I have fired off an e-mail to FIFA saying I ain't happy with the way the run the ticket process after trying to buy the seven tickets for the hopefully England games.

Anyone else confused ?

On one hand I thought you were saving your money and not going to Qatar and advising others to do likewise and now you are complaining about the difficulty buying tickets.

Apologies if I have misunderstood but in fairness who could blame me

Edited by Abraham Romanovich
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Anyone else confused ?

On one hand I thought you were saving your money and not going to Qatar and advising others to do likewise and now you are complaining about the difficulty buying tickets.

And then we have the added confusion of not being a member of the England Travel club, which I thought was almost a given if you wanted tickets for a major tournament.

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Anyone else confused ?

Think he wanted us all to boycott it so it was easier for him to get tickets!!

• Haha 9

I’m ready to be shot down here but if you take away all the bad press and terrible human working conditions ,yes which I know is a lot I think it would not be a bad World Cup to go to . Better weather then home here ,not a great deal if travelling when there , far enough away to stop the stag party element going , and we should be in with a shout of doing ok . Not a cheap World Cup but if you do some looking about and can get the time of work I don’t think it can be as expensive as people make out .. unless you plan on drinking loads 

6 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Why the pheck would anyone wish to travel to Quatar?

3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I’m ready to be shot down here but if you take away all the bad press and terrible human working conditions ,yes which I know is a lot I think it would not be a bad World Cup to go to . Better weather then home here ,not a great deal if travelling when there , far enough away to stop the stag party element going , and we should be in with a shout of doing ok . Not a cheap World Cup but if you do some looking about and can get the time of work I don’t think it can be as expensive as people make out .. unless you plan on drinking loads 

Everyone who goes to Quatar is just playing into the hands of an oppressive regime, and paying into,  and supporting a disgraceful draconian country.  It is everyone's right to go there if they so wish, but i hope that anyone who does visit,  takes into account that the country they are visiting has no human rights policies, and freedom of expression.  So be careful your missus says nothing controversial, as you will be hit with a $25,000 fine...as women have   little or no rights in Quatar.  And God Forbid if you are not a healthy vibrant heterosexual....as  you will be looking at a large fine and 3 years in prison?.......But Hey, what do you care about the exploited thousands of cheap migrant labour who have built the seat that your fat ass is sitting in, and who fill Quatar's graveyards..........cos ' you'll have a nice tan?

19 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

It seems all the top teams England etc.

only have wheel chair users and their careers tickets available

with all the smaller teams you can buy tickets for their first three games.

Like I have said before stuff you Quatar,save your money for Germany(2024) and USA(2026)

Hijacking the thread slightly here but how easy is it buying tickets for European Championships/World Cups if you're not really worried about what games you watch?

I'm really keen to go to Germany in 2024 but I'd very much be going for the experience as I've never done it. It'd be nice to see England but I wouldn't particularly mind if I didn't. Is there anything I need to do in advance to maximise my chances or is it just making sure I keep an eye out for the date they go on sale? 

Edited by LondonBristolian

24 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Everyone who goes to Quatar is just playing into the hands of an oppressive regime, and paying into,  and supporting a disgraceful draconian country.  It is everyone's right to go there if they so wish, but i hope that anyone who does visit,  takes into account that the country they are visiting has no human rights policies, and freedom of expression.  So be careful your missus says nothing controversial, as you will be hit with a $25,000 fine...as women have   little or no rights in Quatar.  And God Forbid if you are not a healthy vibrant heterosexual....as  you will be looking at a large fine and 3 years in prison?.......But Hey, what do you care about the exploited thousands of cheap migrant labour who have built the seat that your fat ass is sitting in, and who fill Quatar's graveyards..........cos ' you'll have a nice tan?

Similarly oppressive to Saudi, know less about UAE I will concede- think it's a bit more westernised?

35 minutes ago, maxjak said:

You are overlooking one key thing.

They are going to be running a football special from Parson Street.

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Hijacking the thread slightly here but how easy is it buying tickets for European Championships/World Cups if you're not really worried about what games you watch?

I'm really keen to go to Germany in 2024 but I'd very much be going for the experience as I've never done it. It'd be nice to see England but I wouldn't particularly mind if I didn't. Is there anything I need to do in advance to maximise my chances or is it just making sure I keep an eye out for the date they go on sale? 

tickets for Euro 2020(21) weren't too hard to get. IIRC there was a period where you registered for tickets, then a few months later you were told whether you'd been successful. I registered for three games and ultimately got tickets to Italy v Wales in Rome. Sadly COVID and life meant I couldn't go in the end, but the process of obtaining a ticket wasn't particularly awful. Pretty similar to Olympics 2012 if you ever went through that process.

I'm not sure that the process for 2024 has started yet, but maybe set up a UEFA account, that might let you ask for email alerts.

Also, I organised with a dozen or so mates to all apply for the same games. Each of us could apply for up to 4 tickets, so it then only needed one of the four of us to get lucky and we could all go. So there is a bit of a numbers game to be played.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I'd say a team that made the last World Cup semi-finals, made the final of the last Euros, and is ranked 5th in the world, could quite accurately be described as one of the top teams... 

True but the top teams win- and they win more regularly than once every 56 years and counting.