IGNORED

worth watching Weiman on S4C on Thursday night?

28 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Hoping he starts 

He loves to score goals in that soulless cesspit .

Seeing as he was a late call up after 4 pulled out & he hasn’t played for them in 7 years, I would be absolutely amazed if he starts.

Only likely to get on if they’re losing & need a goal I expect.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Sorry but nothing personal toward Andreas, but I hope he has a stinker and ends up on the losing side.

We don't want to lose him for a month next season and I want Wales to qualify! Entschuldigung Herr Weimann.

Pretty sure the season will be suspended for the tournament. Could be wrong though. Obviously a risk of injury and tiredness still. 

19 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Pretty sure the season will be suspended for the tournament. Could be wrong though. Obviously a risk of injury and tiredness still. 

Key dates - 2022/23

Sky Bet EFL:

Season start (regular season) – 30 July, 2022

Championship pause – 12 November, 2022

Championship resumption – 10 December, 2022

Final day (regular season) – 6 May, 2023

• Thanks 2
  • Robin 1

30 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

As has been said above The Championship is suspended for the duration.

I do think people are getting a bit carried away with Weimann’s standing in their squad as I said before he hasn’t been picked since 2015 & despite his brilliant form he was only called up this time due to several withdrawals.

Even if Austria did qualify he is by no means certain to be in it.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Only until the end of the quarter finals. The semi finals happen on December 13/14, the third-place playoff on December 17 and the final on December 18.

I guess the thinking is that Championship clubs aren't too likely to have players reaching the semi-final stages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Key dates - 2022/23

Sky Bet EFL:

Season start (regular season) – 30 July, 2022

Championship pause – 12 November, 2022

Championship resumption – 10 December, 2022

Final day (regular season) – 6 May, 2023

Cheers that was a bit lazy of me I should have looked but hadn't had a coffee yet. 

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Sorry but nothing personal toward Andreas, but I hope he has a stinker and ends up on the losing side.

We don't want to lose him for a month next season and I want Wales to qualify! Entschuldigung Herr Weimann.

I guarantee that 99.9% of Welshmen (and Scots and Irish) want England to lose at everything...so I hope they get stuffed tonight please.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

5 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Only until the end of the quarter finals. The semi finals happen on December 13/14, the third-place playoff on December 17 and the final on December 18.

I guess the thinking is that Championship clubs aren't too likely to have players reaching the semi-final stages.

Quite right. The Championship is suspended for the group stage and the last-16 but then resumes on the weekend of the quarter finals. Currently it says the 10th, which is day 2 of the QF stage, but it is very possible that a Friday night game could be scheduled for the 9th.

There's actually only 3 consecutive weekends without games for us - 19/20 Nov, 26/27 Nov and 3/4 Dec. Over the same period this season that would have seen us postpone only 4 matches. It's a decent break, but it's not too much longer than a normal international break.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

Maybe they only want England to lose because 99.9% of English people want them to lose ?

Nah, there's a lot of ABEs in the home nations. 'Anyone but England', the Welsh are most certainly not the worst though and are generally supportive of England football, the sweaties on the other hand.....

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nah, there's a lot of ABEs in the home nations. 'Anyone but England', the Welsh are most certainly not the worst though and are generally supportive of England football, the sweaties on the other hand.....

Having spent a large amount of time in North Wales, I can say with some certainty that the highlighted bit above does not apply to the North. I've been in pubs when England were playing and there were always quite a few wearing the opposition shirts.

In fact, their attitude to anything English is vitriolic at best.

• Thanks 1