IGNORED

Max O’Leary

GrahamC

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What Pickford has done is irrelevant. On loan at Preston he was already superb at 21

Who has said that ?

Irrelevant? I was making a comparison of what can be achieved regardless of age or experience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think people didn’t read what I wrote properly. I said give him game time now (we aren’t going down) and see if he can improve with extra game time. If he does improve and is as good as Bentley then we can sell Bentley and reinvest. With our money situation we will need to sell and buy and Bentley is one that we could get money for which in this scenario wouldn’t weaken us

You think he’s going to improve to sufficient degree in 7/8 games ?

And fwiw I’m not convinced at all that he will ever be as good as Bentley (opinion)

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think people didn’t read what I wrote properly. I said give him game time now (we aren’t going down) and see if he can improve with extra game time. If he does improve and is as good as Bentley then we can sell Bentley and reinvest. With our money situation we will need to sell and buy and Bentley is one that we could get money for which in this scenario wouldn’t weaken us

I get what you are saying. I thought about this a bit when Max was starting games - but I think you actually have to play Bentley or he looks like he can't keep his 1st team place and becomes less sellable + less likely to command a fee that makes selling sensible. 

• Like 2