IGNORED

Solar panels installer recommendations needed

Crackers Corner

We had Solarwatt Panels installed last November. Made in Germany. A bit more expensive than Chinese made but the benefits are greater. 

Our inverter is made in Austria by Fronius. The app is great as well.

I know we live in Northern Ireland now, but check the Solarwatt website for dealers nearby. 

We are really impressed with what we have. 

Feel free to ask me any more questions.

• Like 2

I know of a couple of good ones in Cornwall but doubt they would travel that far. Might be worth asking though if you can`t find anyone local - I`m sure you will though. Word of mouth is the best way - see if any of your neighbours have new ones fitted and give them a knock! TBF, most of the cowboys have been driven out of the industry now so you should be OK but I`m a firm believer in buying local - if anything goes wrong, you know where they live and reputation is more important than anything to small companies!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

Hi all I'm looking to get solar panels and an ev charge point installed in South glous (rangeworthy). Are there any installers on here or recommendations?

Are you looking for batteries as well? Well recommended.

The company I work for do all renewables, including solar PV and EV charging points, I fit solar thermal, ASHP's and GSHP's.

You may be a bit out of the area but i can ask if you're interested.

Yes please that would be great if you can ask. Im looking at solar with a hot water timer and possibly an ev charge point depending on cost as set budget i have a plugin hybrid currently but a full ev car around november so am thinking o can use the immersion and car to capture as much excess as possible. I think it will be a 3kw system but roof may take more.

22 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Yes please that would be great if you can ask. Im looking at solar with a hot water timer and possibly an ev charge point depending on cost as set budget i have a plugin hybrid currently but a full ev car around november so am thinking o can use the immersion and car to capture as much excess as possible. I think it will be a 3kw system but roof may take more.

Do you have a hw cylinder?

Does anyone know how frequently roof installed solar panels should be cleaned?

I have been thinking about solar panels but we have a large oak tree nearby which drops large amounts of honey dew (sticky stuff) during early summer. If I need to get someone in to clean them every year then the cost/benefit ratio becomes much less attractive.

20 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Does anyone know how frequently roof installed solar panels should be cleaned?

I have been thinking about solar panels but we have a large oak tree nearby which drops large amounts of honey dew (sticky stuff) during early summer. If I need to get someone in to clean them every year then the cost/benefit ratio becomes much less attractive.

Like everything in life, there are people who say this should happen every so many weeks/months/years. Reality is different.

I've never cleaned my roof tiles ever! I asked our Solar Panel company this very question and that I wasn't to worry about it. Yes they can be cleaned but he doesn't! 

I have been watching with interest as a bird obviously had diarrhea and one of our panels was its target. That was 2 weeks ago. Now that we've had a decent rain shower or two, the mess has been completely cleared by nature! 

Your tree sap is a good question. What is the state of your roof tiles? How long before they are naturally cleaned? Is the oak tree going to create shade over the panels? A reputable company should give you the truthful answers. I have a feeling it's not a deal breaker.

• Thanks 1

I am about to come into a little money and was thinking about solar panels as I am in a good position for them, but I am thinking I might hold off as there seems to be some breakthroughs in the pipeline like this which should be in the market in a year.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/solar-power-cell-perovskite-b2062365.html