IGNORED

Carlsberg Special Brew, who knew?

northsomersetred

As a classic letter to Viz pointed out, Carlsberg Special has a crest on the front saying it is "made by appointment to the Royal Danish Court".

We think some of our Royals are bad, but at least they don't hang about in parks having fights with imaginary opponents and shitting themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a session on this when I was about 20 and face planted straight into the pavement. I was a right mess.

Managed to get home eventually with the 1 step forward, 2 steps back sort of thing, it was like walking backwards :laugh:

Woke up in the morning and couldn't get to the bog in time, so was violently sick out the bedroom window splattering all the new flowerbeds that my Mum had planted the day before. Wow! did she go mental at me :laugh:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

I had a session on this when I was about 20 and face planted straight into the pavement. I was a right mess.

Managed to get home eventually with the 1 step forward, 2 steps back sort of thing, it was like walking backwards :laugh:

Woke up in the morning and couldn't get to the bog in time, so was violently sick out the bedroom window splattering all the new flowerbeds that my Mum had planted the day before. Wow! did she go mental at me :laugh:

I feel your pain! Most of us have been there!

I suppose Stella is the modern equivalent?

• Thanks 1

It was quite a few years ago now, but a female neighbour of mine and a frequent visitor to our local pub had a favourite drink by the name of Gold Label Barley Wine, which was in fact a beer, served in a small (1/2 pint?) bottle.

She was a very jolly lady, probably in her mid-50s at the time, and I recall she would get through at least four bottles every time she came to the pub - as I said, they were only small bottles.

Some years later, I tried a bottle myself, and whilst I didn’t particularly like the taste, I was shocked to discover it was about 10% proof!

And she used to drink at least four bottles in a single session!

No wonder she was always so jolly.

On 27/03/2022 at 16:56, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Tennents Super was my swally of choice, when one wished to get wankered.

when i was in my 20s working in whitchurch,the grocer in the shop next door offered to get me a crate of 24 at the cash and carry, as in the standard tenants in a green can. he got me a crate of super by mistake ,it was vile,i tried  a bit of one can and gave the rest away

7 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

when i was in my 20s working in whitchurch,the grocer in the shop next door offered to get me a crate of 24 at the cash and carry, as in the standard tenants in a green can. he got me a crate of super by mistake ,it was vile,i tried  a bit of one can and gave the rest away

I must admit, I didn't drink it for enjoyment, only when on a mission.

I find these high strength beers taste syrupy and pretty bloody nasty. Wouldn't consider touching the stuff now, unless using it to unseize rusted bolts.

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

As a classic letter to Viz pointed out, Carlsberg Special has a crest on the front saying it is "made by appointment to the Royal Danish Court".

We think some of our Royals are bad, but at least they don't hang about in parks having fights with imaginary opponents and shitting themselves. 

If that's all Andrew did, we'd all have a lot more respect for him.

• Like 2