IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

• The title was changed to Season ticket information 2022/23

I'm not going to bother. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 21/22 will see us hanging around the lower mid table for most of the season, with the season being effectively over by March...

Just now, phantom said:

Good spot 

Title now corrected 

You wouldn't believe the number of times I still write 2021 as this years date 

Well, thanks for that... My reply makes no sense now :laugh:

• Haha 11

43 minutes ago, sm2webb said:

Has the Supporters Trust been consulted by the club on plans, pricing, etc?  Tough times for many at the mo and let’s be honest, the club haven’t always got things right. Ashton Gate 8 event being a recent exception though!

Ain't that the truth. 

I know the Club need money, but it feels like the right time to try and price the ST at a level to tempt more new buyers. It has felt a little like trying to squeeze the most out of those that already commit . 

Peterborough announced this today: ‘In a world where energy prices are soaring, filling up your car with petrol is a challenge, creating the perfect meal is an expensive necessity, taxes are rising and even Netflix and Chill isn’t as attractive as it once was, it is rare to find an industry where prices are not going in one direction. However, here at Peterborough United, the five-letter word (Wordle) of the day, is FROZE.  The football club are pleased to confirm that season ticket prices for the 2022-2023 campaign have been frozen. This means the early bird discount price will be exactly the same as the 2021-2022 price when Posh were pushing for promotion and by purchasing in this period, you will make a saving of up to £50.

Over the last 12 months, the club have been listening to you, the supporters, and as a consequence of feedback, we have introduced an under 24 price class, replacing the under 22 concession, recognising that younger supporters in the current climate often struggle in their early 20s with finances after leaving full-time education. Not only that, but the club have ensured that the early bird discount period covers two pay-days, and we are also happy to confirm that the Finance option is again available for supporters, allowing you to spread your payment over several months. To continue our commitment to the Fans of the Future, we are once again offering under 12s a free season ticket when accompanied by a paying adult. The club are also putting into place a number of initiatives, which will benefit the wider community and demonstrate our unwavering determination to increase the next generation of Posh fans.’

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Peterborough announced this today: ‘In a world where energy prices are soaring, filling up your car with petrol is a challenge, creating the perfect meal is an expensive necessity, taxes are rising and even Netflix and Chill isn’t as attractive as it once was, it is rare to find an industry where prices are not going in one direction. However, here at Peterborough United, the five-letter word (Wordle) of the day, is FROZE.  The football club are pleased to confirm that season ticket prices for the 2022-2023 campaign have been frozen. This means the early bird discount price will be exactly the same as the 2021-2022 price when Posh were pushing for promotion and by purchasing in this period, you will make a saving of up to £50.

Over the last 12 months, the club have been listening to you, the supporters, and as a consequence of feedback, we have introduced an under 24 price class, replacing the under 22 concession, recognising that younger supporters in the current climate often struggle in their early 20s with finances after leaving full-time education. Not only that, but the club have ensured that the early bird discount period covers two pay-days, and we are also happy to confirm that the Finance option is again available for supporters, allowing you to spread your payment over several months. To continue our commitment to the Fans of the Future, we are once again offering under 12s a free season ticket when accompanied by a paying adult. The club are also putting into place a number of initiatives, which will benefit the wider community and demonstrate our unwavering determination to increase the next generation of Posh fans.’

Difference is though that Peterborough will almost certainly be playing in League 1 next season, so in reality, a price freeze is actually an increase bearing in mind the attraction of the opposition.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sm2webb said:

Has the Supporters Trust been consulted by the club on plans, pricing, etc?  Tough times for many at the mo and let’s be honest, the club haven’t always got things right. Ashton Gate 8 event being a recent exception though!

@Blagdon Mike @shahanshahan Are you able to shed any light please?

I doubt it - on the Supporters Club & Trust website, in all four areas of what they purport to do, all four pages say ‘last updated 22nd July 2019’ - so no updates on anything to do with ‘Representation’, ‘Community’, ‘Heritage’ or ‘Fundraising’ for nearly three years ... it’s disappointing I guess ... so I wouldn’t hold your breath on any ‘updates’ regarding representations on fans’ behalf about season ticket prices for next season ...

If there is an increase of any sort it will rule a huge number out, I hope the club aren’t so stupid. 

A freeze is surely most likely, and even then it’s an expensive luxury in this kind of climate. With the buzz gone of returning back to stadiums I think it could be a genuine struggle to shift ST’s this year, and any kind of piss taking would be suicide.  

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I doubt it - on the Supporters Club & Trust website, in all four areas of what they purport to do, all four pages say ‘last updated 22nd July 2019’ - so no updates on anything to do with ‘Representation’, ‘Community’, ‘Heritage’ or ‘Fundraising’ for nearly three years ... it’s disappointing I guess ... so I wouldn’t hold your breath on any ‘updates’ regarding representations on fans’ behalf about season ticket prices for next season ...

Are you looking at the right website? :) 

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/category/news/

In answer to the question, no we haven’t had anything shown to us about pricing etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m pretty sure it’ll be a price freeze. Any increase would be daft at the moment.

Stoke have frozen theirs for the 15th consecutive season. My seat, main stand lower tier, at Stoke would be £100 cheaper than I pay. Swansea about £200 cheaper.

Talking of Stoke, don’t they STILL offer free away travel to their fans. I believe they do and that’s amazing.

Years ago when they first did it we were told it was because they were in the Premiership and no way could we offer this. Since then they were relegated and still paid for the fans to travel. I remember people asking our club and were told it’s because they were sponsored by a betting company, (at the time we weren’t) and that was why.

Anyway, I’ve gone off topic a bit here but I wonder what they will do now nobody can have a betting sponsor. And as for us offering free travel? I think I know the answer to that! 

49 minutes ago, RedM said:

Talking of Stoke, don’t they STILL offer free away travel to their fans. I believe they do and that’s amazing.

Years ago when they first did it we were told it was because they were in the Premiership and no way could we offer this. Since then they were relegated and still paid for the fans to travel. I remember people asking our club and were told it’s because they were sponsored by a betting company, (at the time we weren’t) and that was why.

Anyway, I’ve gone off topic a bit here but I wonder what they will do now nobody can have a betting sponsor. And as for us offering free travel? I think I know the answer to that! 

Yes they still offer free travel, they obviously don’t have to travel as many miles as we do but still a great gesture.

The lack of betting sponsorship won’t worry them too much. A, they’ll easy get a new sponsor which means they won’t have to pay for it and b, they’re even richer than Lansdown, so not short of a Bob or two

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Don't forget our ST's were Frozen last year, are we really expecting it to happen 2 years running (despite being amongst the most expensive in the division).

Quite a few clubs have frozen prices for a number of years, as I said Stoke have for 15 years. I think a few have even reduced some years.

So yes, I am expecting in these times where an awful lot if people struggling to make ends meet, to freeze prices. This isn’t food, household energy or fuel, it’s a luxury that some might have to cut back on.

I have absolutely no inside info though and am probably wrong.

I don’t know how the club could keep a straight face if they raise prices, when they have consistently wasted 1000 times over the cost of just 1 season ticket many many times over in recent years on players (and their agents) wages.  

They have overspent to the tune of nearly £40m, so charging fans an extra say £50 for a season ticket would only recoup a few % of that back anyway. Pointless!

If they want to address the finances, it’s a joke to start with season tickets, which only impact the fans (who at the moment are all suffering due to various financial increases), probably reduces match day attendances, and therefore even more revenue.

Instead they should reduce prices to get bums on seats, (£50 less on 20,000 season tickets is £1m so sell Palmer and his wages pay for that!) and then look at the real problem which has been spunking money they haven’t got on players who arnt good enough!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Quite a few clubs have frozen prices for a number of years, as I said Stoke have for 15 years. I think a few have even reduced some years.

So yes, I am expecting in these times where an awful lot if people struggling to make ends meet, to freeze prices. This isn’t food, household energy or fuel, it’s a luxury that some might have to cut back on.

I have absolutely no inside info though and am probably wrong.

I think if they do increase, no matter how small an amount, it will be the last straw for many people.

For me it’s about the principle. If they cannot gauge how people are feeling about the club and realising many people face huge increases in basic necessities like you say then it will be interesting.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think if they do increase, no matter how small an amount, it will be the last straw for many people.

For me it’s about the principle. If they cannot gauge how people are feeling about the club and realising many people face huge increases in basic necessities like you say then it will be interesting.

Spot on.

With increase cost of living, right across the board, and another abject season with little optimism for the coming season. I think it would be a massive mistake to increase prices. I thought hard about bothering last year, it's already an expensive enough day out. Plus this season it's only the social side that has kept me entertained. 

Sadly they have not been too "customer friendly" or aware recently.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'm expecting a 10% reduction in prices across the board.

Far more likely to be an increase, if we are lucky it will be frozen again, club has shown for a long time they are not that worried about fans finding the money to follow city sadly

• Like 1

Already vastly overpriced. For season tickets and for single tickets.

We’ve had nowhere near the quality we should be paying. Be interesting to see where we sit in the league for average ST prices vs where we are right now (18th, although technically lower if it wasn’t for point deductions).