IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Spot on.

With increase cost of living, right across the board, and another abject season with little optimism for the coming season. I think it would be a massive mistake to increase prices. I thought hard about bothering last year, it's already an expensive enough day out. Plus this season it's only the social side that has kept me entertained. 

Sadly they have not been too "customer friendly" or aware recently.

I ‘get’ that they are a business and like many businesses they will try to absorb what they can, but the bulk of added costs they will want to pass on to their ‘customers’.

Fortunately for them their ‘customers’ are fans with that added loyalty and emotional tie. But like we’ve discussed compared to fuel bills and food football isn’t essential. 

In my workplace the company has drastically slashed hours. It has made big changes on how those working are used. We were always run very, very tightly but this latest happenings are so pennypinching it’s almost unbelievable and working conditions aren’t great. We all have to do more work in less time, and with less staff.

My point is maybe the footballers could have some changes too? Maybe stay at lesser hotels for overnight stays? Maybe travel on the day for the more local games, Reading, Cardiff, Swansea etc? Maybe good quality but cheaper food provided for them at the trading ground? Sounds pennypinching but I bet what they get could be trimmed a bit and the savings would be substantial?

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I ‘get’ that they are a business and like many businesses they will try to absorb what they can, but the bulk of added costs they will want to pass on to their ‘customers’.

Fortunately for them their ‘customers’ are fans with that added loyalty and emotional tie. But like we’ve discussed compared to fuel bills and food football isn’t essential. 

In my workplace the company has drastically slashed hours. It has made big changes on how those working are used. We were always run very, very tightly but this latest happenings are so pennypinching it’s almost unbelievable and working conditions aren’t great. We all have to do more work in less time, and with less staff.

My point is maybe the footballers could have some changes too? Maybe stay at lesser hotels for overnight stays? Maybe travel on the day for the more local games, Reading, Cardiff, Swansea etc? Maybe good quality but cheaper food provided for them at the trading ground? Sounds pennypinching but I bet what they get could be trimmed a bit and the savings would be substantial?

I think the club will be looking at cutting costs across the board, I also think all clubs will be looking at lower wages, at least below Prem level.
The Club has a massive chance to be Fan friendly, reduce prices. That may tempt more of the people that PotD to commit, it would also help those hesitating over renewal. Numbers last year were good, but after another poor year there may be even more people in 2 minds.

I don't see a drop in price TBH, but it would be nice for them to look at the League and look at the prices and compare.

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I doubt it - on the Supporters Club & Trust website, in all four areas of what they purport to do, all four pages say ‘last updated 22nd July 2019’ - so no updates on anything to do with ‘Representation’, ‘Community’, ‘Heritage’ or ‘Fundraising’ for nearly three years ... it’s disappointing I guess ... so I wouldn’t hold your breath on any ‘updates’ regarding representations on fans’ behalf about season ticket prices for next season ...

You are right about the website, although it does not mean we have not been busy. We are very active, most activity relayed through social media these days. Heavily involved in the delivery of the Ashton Gate 8 events, recently signed an MOU with the Football Club for the men and women's game, talking to the football club about the fan-led review proposals and what it means for Bristol City, currently running the vote for the end of season awards, and plenty more. We have not been asked yet about season ticket prices. Cheers, Stu

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think the club will be looking at cutting costs across the board, I also think all clubs will be looking at lower wages, at least below Prem level.
The Club has a massive chance to be Fan friendly, reduce prices. That may tempt more of the people that PotD to commit, it would also help those hesitating over renewal. Numbers last year were good, but after another poor year there may be even more people in 2 minds.

I don't see a drop in price TBH, but it would be nice for them to look at the League and look at the prices and compare.

I don’t see a drop either. Best we can hope for will be a freeze I would think. I hope the gap between POTD and ST’s will reduce too, without undermining ST prices which I grant you is a difficult one. You have to reward people who have put hundreds of pounds up front yet attract less frequent fans too.

We always have decent ST figures, but the club has to be mindful and not take them for granted. Last season was a bit of positive normality after all the Covid restrictions. The pretty poor season we are in now won’t add much feelgood factor and won’t carry the freedom bounce.

• Like 3

Freeze the tickets no problem. Raise the tickets your taking the piss out of 12-13k people. And then the ridiculous membership and pay on the day fans prices . But I won’t hold my breath this club lost reality in more ways than one with its genuine supporters. Surprise me Bristol Sport sorry I mean Bristol City football club 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

The club could also be more creative with what constitutes a season ticket. As most midweek games are now available on sky even if the quality is poor they could consider just a Saturday games season ticket for example 

I presume there may be even more midweek matches next season given the break for the World Cup 

26 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

The club could also be more creative with what constitutes a season ticket. As most midweek games are now available on sky even if the quality is poor they could consider just a Saturday games season ticket for example 

I agree with you but don't hold your breath, we have JL at the helm remember

I'm hoping with Gould in charge and now has his feet under the table that he is more in tune with the clubs core support.

This is a big decision for me, after years of the absolute C U next Tuesday we had with Ashton and various PR disasters. 

The club better not mess this up, I know plenty of long supporting fans who are 50/50, losing interest or losing faith. We really need to avoid any PR disasters, who knows even a slight reduction would be a great bit of PR but I won't hold my breath on that one. 

Edited by Dynamite Red

23 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Are you looking at the right website? :) 

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/category/news/

In answer to the question, no we haven’t had anything shown to us about pricing etc. 

Thanks Dolly, I clicked on the link on this forum to the Supporters Club and Trust ... and if you then click on the four main sections of ‘Representation’, ‘Heritage’, ‘Fundraising’ and ‘Community’ - you’ll see they were last updated in July 2019 - this is the link I followed:

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org

... and when you say ‘in answer to the question’ - I didn’t ask a question - cheers ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

3 hours ago, thatcham red said:

You are right about the website, although it does not mean we have not been busy. We are very active, most activity relayed through social media these days. Heavily involved in the delivery of the Ashton Gate 8 events, recently signed an MOU with the Football Club for the men and women's game, talking to the football club about the fan-led review proposals and what it means for Bristol City, currently running the vote for the end of season awards, and plenty more. We have not been asked yet about season ticket prices. Cheers, Stu

Thanks for this reply TR - I obviously know and accept that you are doing lots of things in the background - but I was making the point that your website suggests you haven’t done anything since July 2019 ... so from a PR and Communications point of view many people would switch off from your endeavours ... cheers ..

I know that they need to balance the books, but some crude maths, based on an average increase of £10 for 10k tickets (kids prices frozen), then it's only an additional £100k of revenue. So you'd only need 250 fans (at an average ticket price of £400) to decide not to renew to actually be worse off than price freezing. Then there's the lost match day revenue.

Very crude maths I know, but it will be marginal the benefit to the financials from doing it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, eardun said:

I presume there may be even more midweek matches next season given the break for the World Cup 

Crikey, do you think so?

They're the games I struggle to get to because of work and motorways forever closing after 10pm.

What with that and the now ridiculous traffic on the M5 for the majority of months nowadays, it’s getting hard work.

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Up about 3%. I know it’s a small increase but can’t help but think they’d get more people onside if they’d froze them and therefore taken more money overall.

Respect your view, but I don’t.

I just can’t see anyone else buying one who doesn’t already if they were the same price. On that basis why didn’t they do so for 21/22? After a year plus without anyone being able to actually go?

We know we are in a very difficult place financially thanks to Ashton & that Pearson is being asked to rebuild without any significant funds.

Next season is highly likely to see more of the same, plenty of youngsters & a few free transfers or lower league buys.

Sadly their best chance of keeping their income is to ask those already committed to pay a bit more.

• Like 2

Impossible task for the club, if they froze prices this year and then lumped on 6% next season, we would all moan, so a steady increase is probably the best approach.

Hear the arguments that we might sell more if tickets were less expensive, but I will guess that the pricing strategy is more around renewals than new customers, and subject to your own individual circumstances 3% approx isn't too painful an increase.

Reality is, football isn't a cheap hobby and it hasn't been for years.

The only real positive these days, is the Sky Red Button that means I get to see a number of midweek away games I would have previously sat next to the radio for. Appreciate that isn't part of the season ticket price and it's a separate subscription but I do get to watch more games than before.

• Like 1