IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

12 hours ago, eardun said:

I presume there may be even more midweek matches next season given the break for the World Cup 

I am thinking the same, with the championship shutting down for a month when the world cup is on that must mean an extra 3-4 mid week games , 

Add the fact when it starts back up the first couple of rounds after the break could see a lot of cancellation due to clubs still having players in the knock out stages meaning rearranged games and if unlucky maybe an extra 6 mid week games next season,

As someone who can't get to mid week games due to work that will really push up the per match cost of the season ticket, it's making me think this time if a season ticket is the best option for me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You think an extra £150k will help with FFP when we lost £37m or whatever it was?  Do the maths, it won’t touch it

No, it won’t, but there are comments on here comparing our cost to Bayern and Real Madrid….and to get there would mean we’d have to markedly reduce which was never going to happen. 

Would I like us to get to the Hoeness quote of £104? Yes, absolutely. But unlike Bayern, £2m is a lot to us…

I was expecting static in view of the economic position. An increase of 75p a game is in the same ballpark there - my point is that it’s fine to moan about the cost, but this renewal hasn’t really moved that dial in any way shape or form. And in terms of FFP, it’d be hard to argue in any appeal that we had special circumstances if we’d put prices down at all….

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Clearly everyone’s circumstances will differ & with everything costing more then there are certain things that will need to be sacrificed.  Football is the only entertainment business whereby people accept a shoddy performance time after time but also it’s the only one that brings you an emotional involvement that gives you highs and lows like no other. The club know that a core will continue to stump up irrespective of product but everyone has a choice. 

It’s a nominal increase that won’t touch the sides of our debt but in a very small way, I look at a renewal as my small investment in my club. 

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, tommy_b said:

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/november/efl-fixture-schedule-202223/

Season starts in July (it’s like we’re in Scotland!) and then EFL only postpone during the group stage of the WC, still means a month off. 
It’ll cover what was an international break this season but it’s 5 games to be scheduled elsewhere vs this season. 

Not really.  There are 3 missing Saturdays -19th November, 26th November, 3rd December.  Add to that the September International window.  A total of 4 weekends without games in the autumn when there is normally 3, which explains why they have moved the start of the season forward a week.

In the equivalent period this season we had one midweek league game, which is also accounted for by having an extra midweek by moving the season forward a week.

Arguably it's less disruptive as there is less coming and going. However, people will moan because it's a change and people don't like the idea of change.  

If any of our players get past the qualification phase it will cause issues though.  Weekend of 10th December will probably see games kick off early or be played on Sunday to avoid clashing with quarter finals which kick off at 3pm and 6pm.

17 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I am thinking the same, with the championship shutting down for a month when the world cup is on that must mean an extra 3-4 mid week games , 

Add the fact when it starts back up the first couple of rounds after the break could see a lot of cancellation due to clubs still having players in the knock out stages meaning rearranged games and if unlucky maybe an extra 6 mid week games next season,

As someone who can't get to mid week games due to work that will really push up the per match cost of the season ticket, it's making me think this time if a season ticket is the best option for me 

As per my post above,  4 weekends without games in Autumn compared to 3 this season which is why they've moved the start forward a week.  

There will be the same number of midweek games scheduled.  May be a few postponements due to players still being involved but really not that much.  Nowhere near as many as for Covid this season put it that way.

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Take your £200 government fuel loan, add in your £150 Council tax rebate and BINGO! South Stand season ticket is just twenty five quid.

And under the bright lights of Ashton Gate you could read a book using SLs 'leccy and keep yourself warm using a hand dryer.

What a ridiculous thing to say..............................everyone knows the hand dryers aren't warm !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, beaverface said:

What a ridiculous thing to say..............................everyone knows the hand dryers aren't warm !!

Whilst my comment was clearly quite flippant, the cost of staging games is likely to be a lot higher with the rise in fuel costs, especially with more midweek games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Respect your view, but I don’t.

I just can’t see anyone else buying one who doesn’t already if they were the same price. On that basis why didn’t they do so for 21/22? After a year plus without anyone being able to actually go?

We know we are in a very difficult place financially thanks to Ashton & that Pearson is being asked to rebuild without any significant funds.

Next season is highly likely to see more of the same, plenty of youngsters & a few free transfers or lower league buys.

Sadly their best chance of keeping their income is to ask those already committed to pay a bit more.

I agree @GrahamCthat I think most people will either renew, or they won't. It's not going to be dependant on a 3% price rise or not.

A real challenge for a lot of people to justify it at all in the face of the massive cost of living rise across the board.

My three tickets will cost me £845(S32). I already have to work 1 weekend in 4(unless I take annual leave), and the midweek game scenario will likely thrown more spanners my way, as of course I work in the reactive side of things.

Bearing that in mind, I suppose I'll be paying an average of around £50-60 per match (as will miss a few). An interesting conversation to be had over priorities with Dr Sutton (my wife), in light of Gas going up 66%, Elec 44%, food, petrol, NI Contributions etc.

I get that the club is probably speculating that the walk up POTD crowd will be absolute minimal for the above reasons. So why try and balance prices to encourage more to come along? It's likely we'll see more of the sort of mates rates promotions over the season to boost crowds.

To be fair when you look at the income of match day crowds now in the general income side of things, it's not massive is it (about 10-15% of total income). Even if we got 24k average attendance we'd still be losing money hand over foot due to our ridiculous operating costs, that mean we lose money even before factoring in the playing budget.

Some really painful decisions ahead this summer i think over the playing side of things. The people we want to go, will generally be the ones least attractive to any potential suitors. We may have to be pragmatic over our future finances.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

No, it won’t, but there are comments on here comparing our cost to Bayern and Real Madrid….and to get there would mean we’d have to markedly reduce which was never going to happen. 

Would I like us to get to the Hoeness quote of £104? Yes, absolutely. But unlike Bayern, £2m is a lot to us…

I was expecting static in view of the economic position. An increase of 75p a game is in the same ballpark there - my point is that it’s fine to moan about the cost, but this renewal hasn’t really moved that dial in any way shape or form. And in terms of FFP, it’d be hard to argue in any appeal that we had special circumstances if we’d put prices down at all….

I probably shouldn’t bother to even reply but comments from people (who probably aren’t buying a ST anyway) trying to compare our situation to Bayern Munich & Barcelona are just mental.

Firstly everything about the business model for football in Germany is completely different, so short of us applying to play in 2. Bundesliga I struggle with the relevance.

Secondly the comment about spending obscene amounts on fees & wages is about 2 years out of date, Holden & Pearson couldn’t fail to honour deals made before their time but as last summer’s signings showed, bringing in free transfers & George Tanner is a completely different world from the LJ/Mark Ashton era.

Still as usual it gives some an opportunity to moan, even though this pricing looks sensible & realistic.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

38 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

@Silvio Dante 100%

As i've put in my earlier post. Attendances, and subsequent ground income only count for 10-15% of total income nowadays. Even with completely full houses we would still lose 8 figure sums each year due to the ludicrous business model that was allowed to develop over the years.

The filling of the stadiums now is more about the public relations side of things, and I think they're try to do that through mates rates type promotions. The solid 13-14k ST holders will buy regardless of the small increase.

I'm sure that if they ever released a breakdown of the average age of the ST holder now. We would have seen the number of full adult holders dropping dramatically over the years,  with the numbers being supplemented by U12 & U19 tickets at a much cheaper cost.

The economics of STs isn't really as relevant as it once was for the financial future of the club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I agree @GrahamCthat I think most people will either renew, or they won't. It's not going to be dependant on a 3% price rise or not.

A real challenge for a lot of people to justify it at all in the face of the massive cost of living rise across the board.

My three tickets will cost me £845(S32). I already have to work 1 weekend in 4(unless I take annual leave), and the midweek game scenario will likely thrown more spanners my way, as of course I work in the reactive side of things.

Bearing that in mind, I suppose I'll be paying an average of around £50-60 per match (as will miss a few). An interesting conversation to be had over priorities with Dr Sutton (my wife), in light of Gas going up 66%, Elec 44%, food, petrol, NI Contributions etc.

I get that the club is probably speculating that the walk up POTD crowd will be absolute minimal for the above reasons. So why try and balance prices to encourage more to come along? It's likely we'll see more of the sort of mates rates promotions over the season to boost crowds.

To be fair when you look at the income of match day crowds now in the general income side of things, it's not massive is it (about 10-15% of total income). Even if we got 24k average attendance we'd still be losing money hand over foot due to our ridiculous operating costs, that mean we lose money even before factoring in the playing budget.

Some really painful decisions ahead this summer i think over the playing side of things. The people we want to go, will generally be the ones least attractive to any potential suitors. We may have to be pragmatic over our future finances.

Great post Neil.  Highlighting the real reasons why people may not renew.

Just to reiterate the midweek game thing is a complete misnomer.  There won't be any difference at all to this season - same number of games on weekends.  There are too many midweek games already IMO, but that's really a discussion about there being too many teams in a league that has 4 weekends a season and 8 midweeks when it can't play any games.  

On 28/03/2022 at 22:00, 1960maaan said:

Ain't that the truth. 

I know the Club need money, but it feels like the right time to try and price the ST at a level to tempt more new buyers. It has felt a little like trying to squeeze the most out of those that already commit . 

Phoned this morning to ask price for pensioner disabled as nothing mentioned on website as such waited in a que of eight people to speak to someone when the guy answered he said its what it states on website :laugh: i said thanks for your help. Your about as much help as  a chocolate teapot nice to know they treat fans with the respect they always do ??

A good point, last season the ‘lose your seat’ deadline was much later than the previous year, I thought because of Covid uncertainties but they’ve kept it the similar, early May which is good.

A couple seasons ago it was March 16th which seemed a tad early to say the least.

• Like 2

On 29/03/2022 at 11:06, ralphindevon said:

I’m pretty sure it’ll be a price freeze. Any increase would be daft at the moment.

Stoke have frozen theirs for the 15th consecutive season. My seat, main stand lower tier, at Stoke would be £100 cheaper than I pay. Swansea about £200 cheaper.

Think youl find there is a rise what a surprise.

1 hour ago, Real Red said:

Fulham just announced Season Tickets in their new stand in the lower tier are £1,000 and likely to be for 19 games (subject to promotion). 
Anyone still want Premier League football?

Yes 

The club would make so much money from being in the prem it wouldn’t need to increase season ticket prices . That’s just pure greed from Fulham and if city ever raised ours that high I’d have no problem walking away from the club and not watching again.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

About a 2% increase when inflation is well over that. Anyone moaning doesn’t live in the real world. Everything is going up including the cost of running Bristol City

Or they could be very much living in the real world and struggling like hell, knowing full well that things will get even worse for them.

• Like 3

For me it's not the size of the increase. It does not really matter to me.

For me it's the missed opportunity for some much needed decent PR.

The additional 150k is a drop in the ocean (probably Palmer and Wells wages for a few weeks), by freezing prices the club can reset the tone and its image within the fan base.

A freeze they could advertise as a good news story showing the clubs actually cares, that is worth far more than the additional money. City will likely spend more money on a single advertising campaign.

Very much a missed opportunity as always. I just don't think my club cares about it's fanbase, and that image is far more likely to stop people renewing. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Or they could be very much living in the real world and struggling like hell, knowing full well that things will get even worse for them.

No doubt lots are struggling like hell. I am and I won’t be buying one.  But nobody can moan about a 2% increase, in my opinion. If someone can’t afford it then I’d suggest not buying one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

For me it's not the size of the increase. It does not really matter to me.

For me it's the missed opportunity for some much needed decent PR.

The additional 150k is a drop in the ocean (probably Palmer and Wells wages for a few weeks), by freezing prices the club can reset the tone and its image within the fan base.

A freeze they could advertise as a good news story showing the clubs actually cares, that is worth far more than the additional money. City will likely spend more money on a single advertising campaign.

Very much a missed opportunity as always. I just don't think my club cares about it's fanbase, and that image is far more likely to stop people renewing. 

Bit given that PR is usually little more than a sales process or a damage limitation exercise, who is/would be the audience for any price freeze message? Most of us will probably renew because 'that's what we do'.

The small increase we are paying is unlikely to pay for the increased cost in electricity for having the floodlights on next season.

Would like to see more 'mates rates' promotions next season.

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Phoned this morning to ask price for pensioner disabled as nothing mentioned on website

I mean... you can probably work it out. Disabled Pensioner is just 65+.

If you need a wheelchair/carer spot that's another story and you should've stated that more clearly.

bcfc_seasontickets_pricingtable_webstory

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

£2m, that's what? 1 Gustav Engall? Half a Nakhi Wells? An 8th of a Kalas? 

That's £38.5k per week. That's probably Wells + Palmers wages per week.

Is that really a lot to us? Debatable. 

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bit given that PR is usually little more than a sales process or a damage limitation exercise, who is/would be the audience for any price freeze message? Most of us will probably renew because 'that's what we do'.

The small increase we are paying is unlikely to pay for the increased cost in electricity for having the floodlights on next season.

Would like to see more 'mates rates' promotions next season.

Don't be so certain people will blindly renew, I will as I have for the past 3 decades. There are plenty around me who are a little disillusioned with the club and the quality of what's being served up. For me this was a small chance to advertise a positive image and feel good factor which maybe a boost in the arm. I think we will see quite a lot of people not renewing this is just another straw. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Don't be so certain people will blindly renew, I will as I have for the past 3 decades. There are plenty around me who are a little disillusioned with the club and the quality of what's being served up. For me this was a small chance to advertise a positive image and feel good factor which maybe a boost in the arm. I think we will see quite a lot of people not renewing this is just another straw. 

Season ticket sales will be the lowest since we got the rebuilt stadium, surely.  The club must know that.