IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

42 minutes ago, TBW said:

I mean... you can probably work it out. Disabled Pensioner is just 65+.

If you need a wheelchair/carer spot that's another story and you should've stated that more clearly.

bcfc_seasontickets_pricingtable_webstory

For info.

There is no longer any “disabled person discount”, the discount percentage was phased out equally over the past 3 years.  Some EU rule that I never quite understood was the reason given.

• Like 2

Inflation is at about about 7% overall and much higher on fuel, energy and food so I think the rise is fair enough. If you don't want to get one then don't get one, if you can't afford one but would like one, that's different and unfortunate. I see people complaining about costs, "can't afford it blah blah blah" but what I see at the ground on the concourses doesn't seem to reflect that. People buying lots of drinks and food at both football and even more so at rugby. So is money that tight for most people? Is this cost of living squeeze really hitting the average person? If it is, then it's not the people I see at Ashton Gate. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Selred said:

£2m, that's what? 1 Gustav Engall? Half a Nakhi Wells? An 8th of a Kalas? 

That's £38.5k per week. That's probably Wells + Palmers wages per week.

Is that really a lot to us? Debatable. 

It’s not really debatable.

You’re quoting players wages who we want rid of as they’re above where we want to pay, and transfers that were made when Ashton was spending like a sailor on shore leave.

Not aimed at you, but I’m not sure people understand the game has changed. £2m represents £6m over a 3 year cycle. From an FFP loss allowable perspective, that £6m not coming in would mean we’d have about 15% less wriggle room, in a period when we know it’s going to be tight. I’d argue that the loss of the figures quoted would be the difference between a possible and actual breach of ffp - so no, it’s not debatable that it’s a lot to us currently.

59 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bit given that PR is usually little more than a sales process or a damage limitation exercise, who is/would be the audience for any price freeze message? Most of us will probably renew because 'that's what we do'.

The small increase we are paying is unlikely to pay for the increased cost in electricity for having the floodlights on next season.

Would like to see more 'mates rates' promotions next season.

I would prefer to see more reasonable match prices for most of the games.

I often get a mate say they’d like to come along, they never seem to coincide with a mates rates promotion, so I tell them it’ll be £39 to sit near me and they don’t bother.

The problem with mates rates is it’s hard to get the same person to pay triple the price for their next game.

• Like 6

Based on where I live, the cost of fuel is the biggest issue for me.

A 200 mile round trip for every game is taking it's toll.

But to ensure that my son and daughter wear the red of BCFC with pride around Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey = priceless (providing I don't look at the Esso receipt every Saturday evening). 

All 3 of us will renew through blind faith/love/hope/stupidity. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 3

4 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Based on where I live, the cost of fuel is the biggest issue for me.

A 200 mile round trip for every game is taking it's toll.

But to ensure that my son and daughter wear the red of BCFC with pride around Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey = priceless (providing I don't look at the Esso receipt every Saturday evening). 

All 3 of us will renew through blind faith/love/hope/stupidity. 

It's why I've started using the bus. Bit of a fag. I have to drive to get to a suitable bus stop, and First Group aren't the most reliable, nor do they seem to think us country dwellers deserve the live-time information boards you get in Bristol, HOWEVER the petrol saving and lack of parking hassles are the clincher.

Oh plus I'm being "green", getting a bit of a walk and can enjoy more post-match drinks if I want to 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

The lack of betting sponsorship won’t worry them too much. A, they’ll easy get a new sponsor which means they won’t have to pay for it and b, they’re even richer than Lansdown, so not short of a Bob or two

Aren’t the sponsors and owners one and the same?

Edited by East End Old Boy

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Yes, which is why they won’t have to shell out to sponsor themselves anymore. They’ve made so much money I won’t be worrying too much about the ban.

With all the money they have, they still closed my account just because my betting  with them regularly successful. So I’d love it if ownership as well a sponsorship by gambling businesses was banned (which I know it won’t be)!

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

With all the money they have, they still closed my account just because my betting  with them regularly successful. So I’d love it if ownership as well a sponsorship by gambling businesses was banned (which I know it won’t be)!

I’ve heard that happening with a few online companies, that really is crap. Sadly I’ve never been considered a threat. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For info.

There is no longer any “disabled person discount”, the discount percentage was phased out equally over the past 3 years.  Some EU rule that I never quite understood was the reason given.

Wasn’t it some disability act thing where a disabled person couldn’t be discriminated against (which is right) so they had to be treated the same as everyone else which everyone rightly agrees. This then meant that they couldn’t ‘gain’ from their disability and therefore had to pay the same as everyone else. Everybody equal. To soften the blow of any price difference as you say it has been phased out over three years until everyone pays the same.

This was my understanding anyway. I might be miles out and I’m hoping I haven’t offended anyone with the simplicity of my explanation.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Inflation is at about about 7% overall and much higher on fuel, energy and food so I think the rise is fair enough. If you don't want to get one then don't get one, if you can't afford one but would like one, that's different and unfortunate. I see people complaining about costs, "can't afford it blah blah blah" but what I see at the ground on the concourses doesn't seem to reflect that. People buying lots of drinks and food at both football and even more so at rugby. So is money that tight for most people? Is this cost of living squeeze really hitting the average person? If it is, then it's not the people I see at Ashton Gate. 

Not sure what life's like on the Death Star, but if you think there isn't a cost of living crisis, you must truly be on a different planet.

People you see spending lots of money, probably aren't the ones hardest hit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Wasn’t it some disability act thing where a disabled person couldn’t be discriminated against (which is right) so they had to be treated the same as everyone else which everyone rightly agrees. This then meant that they couldn’t ‘gain’ from their disability and therefore had to pay the same as everyone else. Everybody equal. To soften the blow of any price difference as you say it has been phased out over three years until everyone pays the same.

This was my understanding anyway. I might be miles out and I’m hoping I haven’t offended anyone with the simplicity of my explanation.

Yes. Disabled supporters now pay the same price as per adult/OAP/child ticket but are entitled to a free carer’s ticket if needed. Evidence of disability and carer’s duties must be provided.

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

We've got those at my bus stop in Redland. The times bear no relation to what actually occurs, nor does the online written schedule!

It might at least indicate that the bus exists.  In Street, you have nothing to let you know if the service has been cancelled so you end up standing there like a nondy. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Yes, that sounds like the gist of it.

As it stands with Joe in u19 category and me getting a free carers ticket I’m not one to moan at the price of a SC for both of us.

I do like a moan at the price of my parking season ticket which I’ve heard might go up considerably this season.  Watch this space.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Not complaining in any way but I find it interesting that “Seniors” get a discount as in many (not all) cases, this demographic will have much more disposable income than many others. 
Given you cannot discriminate based on age, I wonder what the logic is to give them lower prices. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2