IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

19 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Me neither but I expect my S21 seat went straight away. I`ve not checked but I think it`s been tricky to get STs in the SS since the rebuild.

A high portion of people have ‘downgraded’ this season, hardly surprising in these tight financial times. I think we will see parts of the Lansdown and central Dolman looking quite gappy as people there have moved to the South Stand or Dolman wings as they still want to attend but want to save a bit of money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

A high portion of people have ‘downgraded’ this season, hardly surprising in these tight financial times. I think we will see parts of the Lansdown and central Dolman looking quite gappy as people there have moved to the South Stand or Dolman wings as they still want to attend but want to save a bit of money. 

I’ve changed stands from the Dolman to the Lansdown and the cost was a little  more roughly £27 I think. Well worth not having to shield your eyes from the sun in the Dolman.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I would love it (not in a Kevin Keegan way) if the club published how many tickets were sold in each pricing category.

Peak season ticket sales were £3.623m in 18/19….covid obviously impacted 19/20 and 20/21.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Peak season ticket sales were £3.623m in 18/19

How many did we sell that year Dave ? Not the break down, just total. Be interesting to see the year on year change since the stadium has been built.
We started in Lower Dolman as it had just been done, then moved to Lansdown Wings Then  moved back a row last year .

I imagine lots of movement has gone on, people finding the right seat for financial and viewing reasons.

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

How many did we sell that year Dave ? Not the break down, just total. Be interesting to see the year on year change since the stadium has been built.
We started in Lower Dolman as it had just been done, then moved to Lansdown Wings Then  moved back a row last year .

I imagine lots of movement has gone on, people finding the right seat for financial and viewing reasons.

15/16 - £2.665m (capped at 12,500)

16/17 - £2.940m

17/18 - £3.216m

18/19 - £3.623m

19/20 - £2.984m (covid impacted last 5 home games)

I think we’ve averaged between 13-14k over these seasons.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

16/17 - £2.940m

17/18 - £3.216m

18/19 - £3.623m

It's another way I think the Club are missing a trick. If they announce good sales, I really think it may encourage others to buy. There will be some in two minds, to know tickets were selling well could just get a few more. 

Of course a couple of good early signings could help, shame it's unlikely ATM.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve changed stands from the Dolman to the Lansdown and the cost was a little  more roughly £27 I think. Well worth not having to shield your eyes from the sun in the Dolman.

For me, standard Adult,  it would be £95 more to move from Dolman wings to Lansdown wings, so I think I will carry on shielding my eyes ?. I always find the Lansdown a bit colder as it gets little winter sun too.

However if I moved from Dolman Wings to South Stand I could have saved £75.

So if I'm right there is a £170 to be saved going from Lansdown Wings to South Stand? Now that's a substantial amount!

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

For me, standard Adult,  it would be £95 more to move from Dolman wings to Lansdown wings, so I think I will carry on shielding my eyes ?. I always find the Lansdown a bit colder as it gets little winter sun too.

So if I'm right there is a £170 to be saved going from Lansdown Wings to South Stand? Now that's a substantial amount!

One other thing to add in, the "newer" stands should have a little more leg room.
When we moved from Dolman to Lansdown , some mates moved back into the Dolman upper bit. Cheaper, but even as a shortarse I find the legroom a bit restricting. The Southstand should have a little more room and the view further back is decent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I get an OAP discount which obviously helps. Without that concession the increase would be about the same as yours.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

16/17 - £2.940m

17/18 - £3.216m

18/19 - £3.623m

Thanks @Davefevs for the figures.

Just like a certain podcaster, stats don't always paint the full picture do they.

I've just renewed by eldest's ST alongside mine in E32. Mine was £545, his was of course £150.

I see the under 12's in the South stand are only £55, what great value for kids that is.

With all the reduces STs, I reckon the true figure of full paying ST holders could me as low as 6-7k in my opinion.

Gone are the days of clubs about level relying on them to fund the next season. Using your figures above, even at it's peak; the income would have paid about 10% of our players wages for 20/21 season.

I think next season the club should look at the POTD prices a bit more. Mine averages out at around £23 per game. I have no issue with POTD being around the £30 Mark. £39 in the Dolman centre is a tad too high though in my opinion.

• Like 7

Our end of season form did wonders for the morale of the fans. As you’re walking away from the ground in an end of season game and we’ve just won, you can’t help but feel optimistic about the following season and don’t want to miss out.

I’m glad fans have found ways of affording it, many by downgrading by the sounds of it. It hasn’t and won’t be easy for some so let’s hope we’re rewarded with a top half finish.

Strangely it was some cracking away days that made me realise I couldn’t miss out. Especially games like Cardiff and QPR where I would struggle for a ticket without my season card priority. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

• The title was changed to Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)
16 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Strangely it was some cracking away days that made me realise I couldn’t miss out. Especially games like Cardiff and QPR where I would struggle for a ticket without my season card priority.

That can make a difference. I don't do many these days, but it's handy knowing If I can and want to go, then tickets should be available.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

And confirmation. Be good to get it higher though.

426891125_Screenshot2022-05-10at10_23_02.png.2d792f39bcb8d5204347ea8573a55f09.png

Taking the 'bums on seats' rather than an 'income generated' approach, to be less than 10% bums down at this stage is pretty great, especiallty considering some of the dire performances we've endured. Our end of season home form pep up (err, forgetting Peterborough of course) must have helped a bit. Roll on 30th July, or 29th if we're playing Everton or Leeds.

• Like 2

On 09/05/2022 at 05:18, RedM said:

Me and the people I sit with considered moving from Dolman central to Lansdown wing (same money) but there were hardly any decent seats available there in more than singles, an indication those areas are already virtually sold out.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

And confirmation. Be good to get it higher though.

426891125_Screenshot2022-05-10at10_23_02.png.2d792f39bcb8d5204347ea8573a55f09.png

Brilliant effort considering the last few seasons & the current cost of living crisis.

1 hour ago, Red-Al said:

I doubt if the gas will sell 10,000, even though they were promoted on Saturday, although most of the crowd on Saturday were glory hunters, 

Don’t laugh, they sold 3400 ST for last season, of course they are massive, though. ??

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think next season the club should look at the POTD prices a bit more. Mine averages out at around £23 per game. I have no issue with POTD being around the £30 Mark. £39 in the Dolman centre is a tad too high though in my opinion.

They're absurd, but I think the club wants them to be. For me, if I don't have a season ticket I won't go as I can't justify the cost of POTD

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KegCity said:

They're absurd, but I think the club wants them to be. For me, if I don't have a season ticket I won't go as I can't justify the cost of POTD

Agree.

Although I get what the club are trying to do, nearly £40 for POTD is pretty ridiculous.

Almost insulting really. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KegCity said:

So the membership card gives a decent discount but when its the higher category game I agree it is still too high, especially in the lansdown. 

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m definitely surprised. Thought we might end up around 12k.  Maybe the cost of living hasn’t bitten quite so hard yet as I imagined.  I wonder how many the end of season mini run of form has added. We know fans are fickle.  Fair play to everyone who has renewed. 

I wonder , if football is your main outlet or enjoyment it's important. Pubs may struggle as you can get beer at the COOP for half the price, restaurants may struggle , but football can be a real release. Plus cheaper if you can afford a ST. 

Good effort so far.

49 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t laugh, they sold 3400 ST for last season, of course they are massive, though. ??

As they had 5 mates all getting in on the same card, I wonder if the numbers will go up or down , now they all have to pay :laughcont: