IGNORED

Season Tickets 2022/23 (12,000 sold as at 10th May)

phantom

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Me and the people I sit with considered moving from Dolman central to Lansdown wing (same money) but there were hardly any decent seats available there in more than singles, an indication those areas are already virtually sold out.

Brilliant effort considering the last few seasons & the current cost of living crisis.

Don’t laugh, they sold 3400 ST for last season, of course they are massive, though. ??

Would have loved to have seen how your views on the effectiveness of Linesman would have translated to the hushed corners of the Lansdown ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Would have loved to have seen how your views on the effectiveness of Linesman would have translated to the hushed corners of the Lansdown ?

If he moved near us, I can promise it's rarely hushed when it comes to linesmen and Ref's verbal abuse  ?

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

No hushed corner on the SS end of the LS.  A certain person in Section A4 can be quite vocal!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Would have loved to have seen how your views on the effectiveness of Linesman would have translated to the hushed corners of the Lansdown 

One major benefit of moving to the Lansdown is that you can hear the chants and songs much more clearly than in the Dolman. The PA system is a little clearer although it’s not crystal clear which is disappointing considering that it’s a new stand.

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One major benefit of moving to the Lansdown is that you can hear the chants and songs much more clearly than in the Dolman. The PA system is a little clearer although it’s not crystal clear which is disappointing considering that it’s a new stand.

It's actually bloody loud - so much so that it's difficult to hold a conversation over the pre match music. I'm deaf in one ear too!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Really impressed that we’ve sold 12k already - Gould did say that sales were on track.

Fair play to the 12k……hopefully exceed last seasons 13.5k now

I thought we would shift 11k tbh. It shows that you can pay far too much attention to the doom and gloom on here at times.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Really impressed that we’ve sold 12k already - Gould did say that sales were on track.

Fair play to the 12k……hopefully exceed last seasons 13.5k now

Yeh, I mean in terms of pounds into the Club's coffers ST sales have basically averaged about £3m over the past few seasons. Sometimes it's been £2.7m, sometimes £3.2m, but basically £3m.

This will be about the same. A small price  rise, maybe a couple of hundred less sales. It'll come out to just under £3m I expect.

The more the merrier but ultimately the difference between 12K and 13.5K sold is about £300,000. Aka £6,000 a week, or enough to cover one player's wages.

A decent wedge but not a huge amount when you're losing £30m(ish) a year.

Edited by ExiledAjax

19 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I thought we would shift 11k tbh. It shows that you can pay far too much attention to the doom and gloom on here at times.

people tend to forget that's it's only the vocal minority on here ?

Edited by Big C
  • Like 4

On 09/05/2022 at 11:07, 1960maaan said:

One other thing to add in, the "newer" stands should have a little more leg room.
When we moved from Dolman to Lansdown , some mates moved back into the Dolman upper bit. Cheaper, but even as a shortarse I find the legroom a bit restricting. The Southstand should have a little more room and the view further back is decent.

My ST was two rows from the back in S21 and the view is very good. Space-wise though it was still a bit of a squeeze (I am a fat bastard though) but the leg room isn`t too bad and I was only three seats from an aisle. 

The bloody steps though! Going down and back at HT for a fag seriously made me consider giving up smoking!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

My ST was two rows from the back in S21 and the view is very good. Space-wise though it was still a bit of a squeeze (I am a fat bastard though) but the leg room isn`t too bad and I was only three seats from an aisle. 

The bloody steps though! Going down and back at HT for a fag seriously made me consider giving up smoking!

I've done it for Rugby, and gone for a HT pint. But you do need a sit down by the time you get back :laughcont:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Does anyone know what the record is for season ticket sales,?

Not sure, but for some reason 15k comes to mind. May have dreamed it, but I think we did really well the first year the whole ground was open.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure, but for some reason 15k comes to mind. May have dreamed it, but I think we did really well the first year the whole ground was open.

That was my initial reaction too 

For some reason I seem to remember that there was mention about the maximum number being sold as a certain percentage had to be available to still purchase each game 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2022 at 23:18, phantom said:

That was my initial reaction too 

For some reason I seem to remember that there was mention about the maximum number being sold as a certain percentage had to be available to still purchase each game 

Hi wasn’t the 15 k when people bought the half season ticket to get the Man U ticket in the cup ? 

• Like 5